Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise  (Read 12621 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2017, 01:21:26 pm »

"Well, in a way. I would put it like... they lose their purpose. The Darksign gives but it takes a lot more from some people than others."
"What a fiendish construct. Is there no way to remove this curse? No sacred fountain of youth?"
thincake

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2017, 06:10:09 pm »

Unwilling to exert his magical abilities on such tripe, Ludek brandishes his greatknife. He goes for quick, simple strikes against his lone foe, taking care to avoid the hollows wild swings when necessary.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2017, 06:28:27 pm »

"We should retreat. Quickly."
Kent raises his shield and covers Onryo as best as he can while retreating.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2017, 02:09:20 am »

Larae, Louie

"Wait, what about your friend-- oh you're already leaving, I suppose that's fine, no really don't mind me" Lady Margot's voice fades away as you walk down the hill to your goal.

Approaching the circle and strange object reveals that it is, in fact, a pile of bones - human bones - and the dust thereof, with the red object being a sword shoved through the center. The weapon is made of an unknown metal, with a plus-shaped crossguard and a ring for a pommel. Strangely, the blade itself is helical and not actually that sharp. Just being close to it all bestows a sense of warmth and... belonging to Larae.

Boudicca, Ludek, Meredith

Boudicca's attempt succeeds, managing to push a Hollow out of the way - and into two others, knocking them all to the floor. However, another pair stays upright and get in an attack each on Boudicca's sides as she passes, slicing it open in two places. The wounds are wide, but not deep.

Meredith sees an opening in the distracted Hollows and makes to stab at them, but a broken floorboard catches her boot and she falls to her knees. She recovers quickly, but not quickly enough; her targets retaliate and strike her across the back with their broken swords, tearing through the leather of Meredith's jacket and cutting into her flesh.

Ludek's attacker makes to attack him as well and it unleashes a frenzy of slashes... none of which hit. It misses by so much that Ludek has ample time to position himself, and with a single great swipe, tears its throat open. The Hollow rasps, a cloud of brown, bloody spit sprays from its mouth, and it collapses with another bout of silver mist.

Ludek gains a Pittance of Souls.

Wasting no time, Raivo approaches the tangled pile of struggling Hollows on the ground and, raising his mace, slams it into them with awesome force. The splintery snaps of bones shattering and messy noise of splattering gore fills the room as all three are killed by this one attack.

Evangeline, Sola, Melodia

"No. At least, it can't be removed, but Hollowing can be reversed with Humanity. It's like... the essence of a person, I suppose. I did it once myself."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2017, 02:10:50 am »

Onryo promptly retreats back into the hallway from which they had come from and starts mentally assessing plans of attack.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2017, 02:36:38 am »

Obvious cognitohazard aside, Larae attempts to draw the sword.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2017, 03:23:04 am »

"So one must steal the souls of others in order to retain their own..."
Sola's mouth frowns. Presumably the rest of her face does, too. After about a second, though, she brightens up.
"Then I will simply never die! 'twill be a simple task, for I have not done so yet."
She laughs, a rich, musical sound.
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2017, 03:47:33 am »

Lyndon joins in the laughter momentarily. "That's a pretty optimistic way of looking at it. Say, what are you and your friends going to do now?"

Kent, Onryo, Ywis

With the sound of crackling electricity, six lightning bolts form in each of the Hollows' hands and are thrown directly at the group. While Ywis retreats behind them, Kent raises his shield to guard himself and Onryo, but not quite enough - two of them manage to slip past it and send painful shocks through the Masked Freak's body. They feel their strength ebb somewhat. The rest of the bolts miss or dissipate harmlessly upon Kent's shield, and he and Onryo get around the corner before any more bolts are fired.

It seems that, for now, the three will have to stay where they are... unless Ywis would like to try his luck with Pyromancy.

Lerae, Louie

Lerae easily slips the sword from the pile. As they do, the warmth and sense of belonging leaves them, leaving Lerae feeling slightly cold. They examine the sword now in their hand and a rush of thoughts suddenly fills their head.

Spoiler: Coiled Sword (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2017, 03:56:28 am »

Interesting. Larae sticks the sword back into the circle. Science has been done!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2017, 04:22:32 am »

Lerae feels the warmth once more, both internally and physically, because the pile of bones erupts into flames as soon as the sword is returned to it.

~ Bonfire Lit - Cliff Peak ~

The bonfire can be clearly seen from the doors of the church, as well.
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2017, 04:28:15 am »

[glow=navy.,2,300]"A science has been done."[/glow]

Poke the sword in the fire.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2017, 04:41:26 am »

Nothing of particular interest happens.
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2017, 04:48:14 am »

Does the fire feel actually hot? It's pretty clearly magical and possibly a cognitohazard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2017, 04:50:40 am »

Lerae feels the warmth once more, both internally and physically,
Yes. It does.
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2017, 05:11:47 am »

Hum. Neat. Well! Back to the chapel. We have a comatose bugger to deal with. Are there any drapes laying around?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17