Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise  (Read 12622 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2017, 06:58:29 am »

"We may perhaps be able to push our way through if we have some way of breaking their ranks up or hitting back from range. But first, another path."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2017, 03:58:44 pm »

"If you know not of Avalon, I can assume it is not in this land. I must search for it then. If I was given this chance to find it, I must seek it out. tell me, Lyndon, which way leads outside?"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2017, 11:35:13 pm »

Lyndon simply gestures to the large gate at the end of the courtyard.

"Are you sure you want to do this? You could stay here for a while longer, see if anything in the fort would be of use to you."

Boudicca, Ludek, Meredith

Boudicca dashes at the two Hollows nearby with her greataxe poised and uses her momentum to slam it into the ground. It takes out one that was apparently content to stand in place and drool.

Boudicca gains a Pittance of Souls.

However, the maneuver leaves her open to the second Hollow, which managed to sidestep the charge. It neatly opens another slash in the warrior's side.

Meredith intentionally leaves herself open to draw her Hollows in for an attack, and succeeds. They shamble quite quickly forwards, attacking at once. Meredith's dagger succeeds in its purpose and turns away the blade of one, but the sudden motion and the jagged edge of her opponent's weapon simultaneously lurches both knives from their owners' hands and sends them spinning away through the air. Meredith watches her trusty sidearm make its way across the room, until she is interrupted by another broken sword cutting open her chest.

Ludek takes advantage of this dual disarmament and makes a quick strike at the weaponless Hollow. His attack knocks it to its side on the ground and it struggles to rise again.

Raivo assists Boudicca by driving his shield into her current attacker and causing it to go staggering back several feet, dazed but standing.

Kent, Onryo, Ywis

Having taken the time to get their bearings just outside of the room, the trio sees another door set in the wall just nearby. It's only faintly visible, being little more than a rectangle cut out from the stone passageway with a shallow handle carved in.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2017, 11:40:34 pm »

"I am certain. I must hurry if I am to find Avalon." Melodia turns towards the large gates and begins heading out, only briefly does she turn and speak to Evangeline and Sola, "You are both welcome to accompany me. I would rather my journey not be alone."
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2017, 11:41:36 pm »

Bouddica turns and follows up by body checking the undead to knock it to the ground.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2017, 01:41:37 am »

Onryo warily tries the handle.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2017, 12:36:19 pm »

"'tis my duty to follow thee, although Sir Lyndon speaks sense. Perhaps it would be best to search for supplies while we may."
thincake

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2017, 02:53:56 pm »

The rush of physical activity begins to wear on Ludek, typically being the sort to maintain the sidelines. For a moment, he considers sprinting passed the melee to avoid being harmed. However, this area's foreign nature solidified his hesitance. He may get out of this fight unscathed, but who knows what lies in the room beyond? Raivo, the tower, came to this place armed and armoured. Better chances with him, Ludek reasons.

One hollow toppled, but still moving. Another poised to assail the newly disarmed noble fencer. Prudence demands an equitable response.

Ludek serves the prone hollow with a sharp kick, hoping to keep the uncoordinated dreg incapacitated for a little longer. If the hollow seemed firmly downed and out-- for at least a few moments-- Ludek would proceed to attempt a flank on remaining hollow accosting Meredith.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2017, 05:08:41 pm »

"Search if you must, I'll be right here. If you find anything that you think I might need, come get me." Melodia halts her progress near the gate and leans against the wall.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2017, 06:53:51 am »

"Oh, right. The soldiers. They used to be stationed her a long, long time ago, miss. In fact, they were here when I was first put away. They've all Hollowed out, but they just keep coming back to life, so every so often I need to put them down again. It's a bit of an art form at this point, really."y
"Ah. That's... not what I was expecting, but it's better."

"Search if you must, I'll be right here. If you find anything that you think I might need, come get me." Melodia halts her progress near the gate and leans against the wall.
"Alright."

Evangeline shrugs, and goes to the empty room on the right, poking the rod of metal out of curiosity.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2017, 06:11:28 am »

"Well, that's good, I suppose."

Lyndon follows, presumably to assist. He gestures for Sola to do the same.

As Evangeline approaches the pile (now clearly a pile of human bones, some crushed to dust, with a helical sword impaled through it), a sense of warmth permeates her being. Upon touching it, the bones burst suddenly into flame, filling the once-dim room with light. Evangeline clearly feels the heat from it before drawing back her hand, but does not burn; the feeling is actually quite pleasant.

~ Bonfire Lit - Wooded Fortress ~

Kent, Onryo, Ywis

The door opens smoothly - or, as smoothly as something hewn right from rock can - into another room. This one is filled with the remains of several smashed crates and barrels. However, a crate is still intact in the corner; something green winks at Onryo from the unsecured lid.

Another doorway lies in the opposite wall but otherwise the room is empty.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2017, 09:44:44 pm »

Just... back off towards the wizard for now. Stab any enemy that gets close.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2017, 12:27:56 am »

Onryo cautiously flips the lid back. Barring any unexpected encounters, they investigate the green glow.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2017, 04:21:20 am »

Within the crate is a large number of flasks all made from pale green glass. Whoever left them had them stacked meticulously inside the crate, and none are broken or even damaged. There's twelve in all.

Boudicca, Ludek, Meredith

Boudicca turns sideways and throws herself at the staggered Hollow, using her muscular build to great effect. The warrior's momentum knocks it swiftly and heavily to the floor.

The Hollow appears open, so Ludek aims a kick to its face. However, the mage barely misses his strike and his target gets back on its feet. It attempts to lunge at him but goes wide instead, staggering into several pieces of broken furniture. The Hollow collapses in a mess of smashed wood and Ludek's opportunity to assist Meredith arises...

Now without her primary means of defense, Meredith backpedals smartly, rapier poised. The Hollow that had just attacked approaches again, but she focuses and swiftly thrusts her weapon into its chest, then removes it just as fast. Her enemy staggers slightly from the force of the blow, newfound puncture already beginning to seep blood, but it is not fully deterred.

...It continues to advance until Ludek, who'd been circling around it, grabs the Hollow by the shoulder and plunges his dagger to the hilt in its back. This wound is not so easily ignored and it sags forward to the floor, gurgling.

Ludek gains a Pittance of Souls.

The faceless giant, as it seems, is never one to let an opportunity go to waste. Raivo calmly nears the Hollow Boudicca had just laid to the ground, raises his leg, and drives the heel of his massive saboton into its face. The force causes the floor to creak just slightly, and gore splatters a foot or so around him. He seems unperturbed.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:41:07 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2017, 06:01:33 pm »

"Weird."

Having shared that wonderful insight with the rest of the world, Evangeline chooses to examine the room in detail.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17