Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise  (Read 12620 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2017, 10:56:07 am »

The bonfire takes center stage while a pair of empty crates rest in the corner. The only other object of interest is another doorway off to the left, presumably leading into the walls of the Fortress.

"I see you've found the Bonfire." Lyndon says without warning. She hadn't heard him come in.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2017, 12:15:28 pm »

Kent remains outside, watching for any sign of their attackers.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2017, 01:45:46 pm »

Sola is present.
thincake

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2017, 09:17:58 pm »

Melodia is still leaning against a wall, tapping her finger against the hilt of her weapon.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2017, 09:30:54 pm »

Boudicca stands, stretching after the fight. She looks around for anything of note.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2017, 09:57:05 pm »

Ywis impatiently gestures towards the door at the other end of the storage room(?) as they wait for Kent and Onryo to join them. The pyromancer isn't about to open the door and go on ahead without some backup after all.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2017, 12:13:15 pm »

The battle sputtered to an inevitable end as Ludek, more from instinct than finesse, ambled to the prone hollow to deliver a final blow. He felt the eyes of strangers on his back as he reached for the throat of the pathetic dreg, which struggled to free itself from the debris of crates and rotten wood. Ludek leveled his gaze into the pitted and empty, yet wild eyes of his quarry. Weakened by the scuffle, the hollow had only its animalistic desire for souls guiding its fetid, rotten claws wildly, attempting to gain purchase into Ludek’s flesh.

He paused for a moment, appraising the withered features of the hollow. A fleeting feeling of curiosity passed Ludek’s mind. A sort of wonderment at the pitiful creature… Perhaps if he only let the thing free, or trapped it in some prison, it would right itself, change, recover. At the very least, it would not harm any other for some time.

But what time was there left?

The spirit of survival seized the weary traveller’s blade arm, tearing a deep burgundy ribbon across the prey’s throat, ending the battle.

What hope was there for any of them not to fall to the same fate?

“The way is clear, knight. Let’s be on our way…” He gives a nod to the others, too. “Unless you would prefer to recover, Meredith?” he offers, sizing up the fencer’s wounds.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2017, 05:10:10 pm »

Boudicca, Ludek, Meredith
The Hollow perishes with a horrible choking sound and more of that foul blood spraying forth.

Ludek gains a Pittance of Souls.

"I believe I can be of help."

Raivo approaches Meredith slowly. Setting his mace briefly against his hip, the armored titan reaches into a small satchel on his belt, pulling out a rather tiny-looking bundle of... grass? He proffers it to the wounded fencer.

"Take this. It's called Crescent Moon Grass. Grind it between your teeth, then swallow; it should speed up the healing of your wounds." The man then straightens, turning to Boudicca and Ludek. "I have enough for everyone."

Bouddica finds nothing else of note in the room, until her eyes happen across a small glint of light - red, like a ruby, set in the face of a small stone disc off in the corner, amongst the debris.

Larae, Louie

While Lady Margot hesitantly attempted to gain the attention of the now-drooling Samson, a strange glow appears down the cliff, right next to the bonfire. It dissolved into the shape of a person, then disappeared, leaving someone in brown clothing standing alone.

Pontie

You raise your mug from the counter and move to take a swig, laughing as the bartender cracks an excellent joke. Just as the drink touches your lips, however, you find yourself in a completely different place - a grassy clifftop, next to a rock-ringed circle with a fire in the middle, its fuel made from burning human bones. A sword was stuck in the center. Several meters away stood a ramshackle wooden town, with several people ambling about silently. A church lie at the top of the hill nearby, its doors opened wide. Your trusty mug is still in your hand and half-full of alcohol.

Evangeline, Melodia, Sola

"Weird."

Having shared that wonderful insight with the rest of the world, Evangeline chooses to examine the room in detail.

The bonfire takes center stage while a pair of empty crates rest in the corner. The only other object of interest is another doorway off to the left, presumably leading into the walls of the Fortress.

"I see you've found the Bonfire." Lyndon says without warning. She hadn't heard him come in.

~~~

Sola would, naturally, watch Lyndon enter and hear his observation.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2017, 05:12:30 pm »

Boudicca waves off the offer, instead going to inspect the disk and grab it if possible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2017, 05:18:09 pm »

Boudicca feels a strange sensation come across her as she touches the disc - a tingling that runs up her arm and throughout her body, unusual if not unpleasant. It passes quickly, and she is able to pick it up. The disc easily fits in the palm.

Spoiler: Beast's Embrace (click to show/hide)

It has a design inlaid on the surface. Evidently it was made from rubies, as the glossy material shines where it catches the light.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:26:19 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2017, 05:29:09 pm »

One can practically see the glee in Boudicca's eyes as she picks up the disk. After a moment of fiddling she fits it into a buckle on her armor before turning to the others with a smile.
"Look what I found! It is quite nice is it not?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2017, 05:59:25 pm »

"And you didn't mention it was here... why, exactly?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2017, 06:04:18 pm »

Onryo points the flasks out to the rest of the group after taking an even share for themselves.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2017, 06:33:19 pm »

"What....are those? Can we identify these flasks?"
Kent cautiously approaches the box and flasks.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2017, 08:30:46 pm »

Evangeline, Melodia, Sola

"And you didn't mention it was here... why, exactly?"

"It didn't come up, I suppose. I'm sorry - I didn't mean to keep any secrets." Lyndon approaches it, walking past Evangeline and staring into the crackling flames with an expression of... longing, almost.

". . . Do you know what they are? Bonfires?"

Kent, Onryo, Ywis

Onryo points the flasks out to the rest of the group after taking an even share for themselves.

Spoiler: Estus Flask (click to show/hide)

Upon touching any of the flasks, Kent, Onryo, and Ywis all receive the same... thought, perhaps, of their use. Or was it a memory?
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17