Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise  (Read 12605 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:27:08 am »

DARK SOULS
Threads of Fate

Part 1: Rise

Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:27:40 am »

Part 1: Rise

The Darksign appears without warning... it may take hold upon you at any time, at any place - even while you sleep. . .

Evangeline of Jugo, Sola the Kind, Melodia Griffith

You awaken in near-darkness. Your bodies ache from sleeping in armor - save for Evangeline - but exactly how long you slept, you do not know. The three of you are in a dingy cell without windows, much too small to accommodate three people; the only light comes through its barred door by way of a torch set in a nearby wall. Everything smells of mildew and water drips every few seconds nearby.

Those cursed to bear the Darksign come from all walks of life... the squalid, the deceitful, even the devout. . .

Larae Ikara, Louie the Wizard, Samson Bergfalk

You appear, with little more than a slight glow, before a large wooden church situated on a cliffside hill. The doors are firmly shut. Behind you, down a hill, resides a hamlet of closely-knit buildings that look quite precariously built. Several people mill about slowly between them and do not seem to notice your arrival. Within the church you all hear the sound of quiet but hurried movement.

No matter how far you run, how well you try to hide... there is no way to escape the Curse, not even through death. . .

Kent of Rivia, Masked Freak Onryo, Ywis of the Great Swamp

You step through a doorway, but it is not the one you entered. Instead, you are inside a large, ornate room with a raised dais in the center, upon which a stone basin rests. The room is lined with unlit sconces, and light filters in through great square holes in the ceiling far above your heads. Behind you, a rectangle of white light remains in the doorway, constantly swirling like fog.

After long enough, you forget when it came... then you forget everything you've left behind because of the Curse. . .

Boudicca Cáit, Ludek the Sparse, Meredith Aria

You suddenly find yourselves standing before a titanic stone wall. You have to crane your necks to see the top of it, and it stretches to the horizon on either side. The bricks are crumbling in many spots, including several holes close to the top, and most of its surface is coated with thick carpets of moss. A wooden door is set in the wall before you, and behind is an empty plain, but you have no idea how you got here.

Everyone

The Darksign branded upon your flesh suddenly burns red-hot, and then fades just as quickly, leaving you all with a stinging pain upon your flesh.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:49:45 am »

Melodia slowly crawls to her feet, her body aching from her sleep, "..."
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 02:17:00 am »

Louie clutches his hand, pained by the burning sensation of his darksign. He mutters something under his breath, almost incomprehensible. "Ngh... Damned thing... This can't be a good sign."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 02:32:37 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:25:14 am »

Boudicca is once again thankful for her weapon as the burning of her mark inflicts pain on her and nearly drives her to her knees. She does not falter much however, leaning on the axe's wooden haft for support. With the pain already leaving her she gets up and walks forward a few steps to the door before turning around and looking at the other two people. After a moment's thought she bows properly to greet them.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 03:51:28 am »

The man grimaces, letting out a low growl as he waves his hand to and fro in pain. At once, the sensation of sharpness abating, if only slightly, he steps backwards twice, a hand moving to the whip holstered on his belt loop. The other hand, gloved with wool, grips one of his hatchets from its place hanging from his belt's other side. "Who are you?" His eyes skip from the cloaked figure to the stouter one, unsure of who to direct the question at.

"Who are you lot?" he amends.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 04:04:52 am »

A flinch, the flick of a wrist. Pain is normally never a good experience. At least this time it fades with promptness. Awareness of the present blooming with the sharp jolt of Fire.

"I am Me and Me is I." The cloaked figure states. "A better question is who are You?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 06:19:23 am »

The masked individual squeezes the hilt of their sheathed blade in a white-knuckled grip until the burning ceases, and then takes a second look about the room, searching for anything dangerous. Eyeing the two others there, they remain silent for the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 06:22:20 am »

Sola bears the pain with little more than a slight tightening of the corners of her mouth, and remains on the floor, taking stock of the situation and gathering enough strength to lift herself.
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:11 am »

Meredith takes the pain stoically, as awareness returns to her - she is here. She doesn't know how she got here. She doesn't know where here is. She doesn't know who these people are, but they're not Hollows, because she has not been assaulted. The Dark Sign burns. Doing nothing is pointless. These are what she observes and what she surmises, and thus is what she acts on. She glances at the other two - also Undead, going by their expressions they also feel a burn. She turns to face them, face impassive. "Mm. I take it that none of you can recall how we came to be here?" she says, a lilting accent in her voice that the others probably can't identify.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 08:51:50 am »

The less modestly dressed woman frowns. It's rather impolite to not return the greeting after all. She shrugs in responce to the question.
"That depends entirely on what you mean. I know we are on this plane of existence because our parents brought us into it. I know that I am here because I was marked by the Old Hunter to bring about the age of blood. But, I don't know how we ended up in front of this door."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »

The masked individual squeezes the hilt of their sheathed blade in a white-knuckled grip until the burning ceases, and then takes a second look about the room, searching for anything dangerous. Eyeing the two others there, they remain silent for the moment.

Onryo and the others stand at the far side of the room, in front of a doorway set to the right side of the dais. A set of worn stone steps leads down from it; they end inside a hallway, and the hallway rounds a corner not long after, preventing them from seeing very far down it. Not much of interest is in the room save for the stone basin.

Nothing in the room seems dangerous at the moment, but there is a certain... haunting quality of the swirling, white door they entered through.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:50:59 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 12:50:07 pm »

Kent hides his pain behind a hard grip on his shield.

Pain was nothing, really. He was used to it; running through nests of various stinging plants and all on his various crusades had hardened him.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »

The stout, robed man quickly regains his composure, and assumes a posture which can best be described as boisterous.

"Woah now, friend! There is no need for weapons, I didn't come here to fight you! Unless, of course, you came to fight me, haha! I am Louie, wizard extraordinaire!"
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 01:09:17 pm »

Meredith dismisses the frown - more important things to be doing. She'll exchange pleasantries later. "I meant the door, of course." she says. She examines the area around her. "Do you have an objection to me opening it?" she asks.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17