Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: So, Drawpile.  (Read 4041 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
So, Drawpile.
« on: June 19, 2017, 06:27:22 pm »

What is Drawpile, you may ask? This is Drawpile. In short, it's a fancy drawing program that lets multiple users draw on the same canvas via the modern miracle known as the internet. Already now, many of you will be sensing where i'm going with this, but in case it isn't blatantly obvious already, i will state it in seven bolded words: I wish to draw things with you. I've recently realized that one thing i'm missing in my life is someone to share my love of drawing with, and hey, while i'm working on getting friends and/or an SO, we might as well make use of the internet. :v

Basically, first of all, this is an interest check, because if there's no interest whatsoever, i'm not going to bother getting used to this program (and i also won't be offended, you should only say yes if you're actually interested). If there IS interest, however, we can go about seeing when, where and how often we want to do it. It is worth noting that i'm not ENTIRELY sure if i can actually host without doing some shenanigans, but there's only one way to find out. :P

A few extra details worth knowing: I'm not setting a "you have to be this good" bar for entrance, every skill level is welcome. Hell, even if you just want to look, that's fine too. This is mostly to have fun, but if you want to learn as well, that can most likely also be arranged. The program does include a chat, so everything from mindless drivel to constructive criticism is possible. If all goes well, we can even post the results in here for everyone to gawk at.

If you're interested, please also tell me your time zone (either here or via a PM if it's something you're somehow concerned about making public) so i can get a feel for how (im)possible it is to connect at a reasonable time. I'm at GMT +1, with daylight savings from March 26th to October 29th (and this is relevant because apparently 'murica has different dates for it).

The way i'm thinking it'll work is that when/if interest and a time is established, i (or whoever else is hosting) will send a server code to the interested via PM, in order to minimize the risk of random dickwads. Alternatively, the code is posted in public, but the ability to draw is disabled by default, and only enabled once identity is verified. We'll figure out something, basically. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, Drawpile.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:09:43 pm »

Posting to confirm interest in watching Shook draw.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 08:16:35 pm »

Interested in participating, also.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:25:44 am »

I would be interested as well, though not sure if I would be able to participate because I'm GMT +8 and can usually only do Saturdays.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 02:20:26 am »

I'll give it a go

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 02:33:28 am »

Sounds fun. I'd be interested in participating, from UTC+2 (French time)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 08:05:47 am »

Oh my, actual interest! And time zones varying from EST (GMT-4) to basically the opposite (GMT+8), with me in between. A very slight downside of a global community. :v

I would be interested as well, though not sure if I would be able to participate because I'm GMT +8 and can usually only do Saturdays.
That's fine, my schedule is more lenient during saturdays anyways. That being said, i had briefly and totally forgotten that i'm going on a week-long vacation this saturday, so if we are to give it a try this week, it'd have to be pretty soon.

Today is a possibility, though i have a game of Shadowrun today, which i expect will run from 16:00 to 20-21:00 (GMT+1). For reference, the time for me is, as of this posting, around 15:00. So, for me, a possible starting time could be either 21:30-22:00, or a bit past midnight. Tomorrow i have a wider range of times available, but it's unlikely to be before 15:00. Alas, our time zones are so spread out that it's almost impossible to include everyone in a single session, but i guess there's nothing wrong with having multiple sessions at different times. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 09:39:48 am »

21:30+ tonight suits me fine. Past midnight is too late for me during weekdays (or I'm a real zombie in the morning ^^)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 02:20:21 pm »

Heh, fair enough. Alas, something else has come up just as i was about to set up, so i can't guarantee i'll be ready before midnight. Otherwise, tomorrow's another day. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:38 pm »

No problem. It'll be some other time then. Have fun with that something else :)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 06:22:42 pm »

ALL REET THEN, me and Nirur have managed to establish connection, although it had to be hosted at Drawpile.net. Look for "bay12drawpile" in here or in the built-in server list (found under Session/Join/Find), and i'm going to be daring and say out loud that the password is "eggnog3000", at least this time. If that goes horribly awry, i'll just change it. :v

Edit: I've left now, HugoLuman and Nirur Torir might still be there. Here's how it looked right before i left. :U
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:34:50 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 07:34:24 pm »

Well that was fun!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »

We simply must do this again, so that I may defile more collaborative canvases with cutebolds.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 11:20:34 pm »

Posting to participate.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 01:58:55 am »

I might be down for this, if my internet functions. And if I have time, between studying, playing the hell out of the Absolver beta, and other work stuff. At least I can claim that this is art practice. >_>

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4