Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Divinity (OOC Thread)  (Read 6997 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity (OOC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2017, 02:49:00 am »

We're all using up our belief, so how do seasonal directives work? Is it player level control, where we decide what the tribe 'decides' to do, or is it still god level control, with an omen/vision plus ending your turn?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 03:15:41 am »

Hey, sorry for my inactivity. I've been a little busy with other things lately. I want to post but I'm not quite sure what I should do to start. Any suggestions?
Black lives matter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 03:24:46 am »

Hey, sorry for my inactivity. I've been a little busy with other things lately. I want to post but I'm not quite sure what I should do to start. Any suggestions?
Start by trying to give your followers knowledge of tools. Maybe set up a social structure building scheme or change some minor characteristics of a local animal to better serve your tribe.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2017, 01:19:42 pm »

We're all using up our belief, so how do seasonal directives work? Is it player level control, where we decide what the tribe 'decides' to do, or is it still god level control, with an omen/vision plus ending your turn?
It's a combination of the two. Your seasonal directive can be as simple as what PaPaj and Fallacy did, just leaving your village to its whims as you rest, or a specific as telling them to build a grand temple in your name. The seasonal directive is just a player's way of telling me if they want to try and grow a specific area of their village or just the village as a whole as the season rolls over.

No problem. I find in these types of games its best to set minor goals and work from there. Giving your village the inklings of a rudimentary tech is a nice way to begin.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:16:10 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »

Well, this is proving fun.

Endion's certainly making progress.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 05:08:40 pm »

Well, this is proving fun.

Endion's certainly making progress.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. If any of you guys have any suggestions, criticisms or any comments otherwise, I'm more than happy to hear them here or via PM :).

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 05:18:40 pm »

So I'm pretty low on the waitlist right? What are the chances I get into this game at some point?

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 05:23:49 pm »

So I'm pretty low on the waitlist right? What are the chances I get into this game at some point?
Due to the nature of the game, It would probably be a while. The behind the scenes tracking for players is why I limited the game to five, as I fear doing too many more would cause the overall quality of the game to decrease.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 05:34:22 pm »

Yeah, I know how that goes. Thats pretty much what I expected.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2017, 12:59:27 pm »

Bowtie, I want you to know that I am giving you an audience participation +1 for good dreamweaving.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2017, 01:03:19 pm »

:3
Black lives matter.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2017, 03:19:07 pm »

:3
I think you impressed the Dice Gods too, you just landed a string of really good rolls off that action :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 03:39:26 pm »

Would that have been my God action or seasonal directive?
Black lives matter.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2017, 03:44:04 pm »

Would that have been my God action or seasonal directive?
That one is classified as a miracle, you can do as many of those per turn as your Faith/Belief permits. If you wish to end your turn, so to speak, you could say something along the lines of "rests until the end of the season", or "watches until the end of the season".

So as an example,
"Pellapina tells the Niaci to focus on gathering for the rest of the season, and then decides to rest," would be something I'd see as the end of your turn for the season.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2017, 02:48:51 am »

I think I spent too much time trying to think of clever things to do. I'll issue seasonal directives sooner from now on.
Does Faith/Belief stick around, or do you have to use it the turn you get it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5