Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifacts disappearing when retiring of a fortress  (Read 753 times)

Artlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Artifacts disappearing when retiring of a fortress
« on: June 20, 2017, 12:27:37 pm »

I retired a fortress with my artifacts locked in a room behind a drawbridge. I created a new adventurer and started them out at the fortress with the artifacts. When I opened the vault the artifacts were no longer there. I had an artifact make the transition this way before using the same starter pack but a different world so I am very confused as to what is causing this. The only things that were different were the artifacts that had disappeared were created using strangemood -force in DFhack. Also, the one that made it before was an adamantine halberd which actually got stored in a room with a ceiling directly under an ocean so the room had flooded due to a bug (0005872). The helberd had been moved by making a weapon stockpile that only takes artifacts, then forbidding it, and removing the stockpile. Also when un-retiring the fortress the artifacts were gone from the (L)list of artifacts. The only other thing I can think of that is related is that when bringing the fortress out of retirement I had books listed in my list that were not there before, but I guess that's just caused by the library location.

Has anyone else experienced their artifacts poofing when they try to play an adventurer at their player made fortress? Is there something different about the artifacts created using the strangemood DFhack command? Or could it have been the flooding glitch that spared my halberd that one game?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:41:06 pm by Artlion »

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts disappearing when retiring of a fortress
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:05:12 pm »

Some of the dorfs may have claimed them. Look around.

Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Artlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:23:44 pm »

I din't think they could be claimed when behind a drawbridge. Also they are missing from the list when I un-retire and go back into fortress mode. I should also note that there were some artifact picks that made the transition and stayed in the list when un-retiring but they are equipped by miners and were equipped by them at the time of retiring the fort.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:29:32 pm by Artlion »

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 04:16:24 pm »

I din't think they could be claimed when behind a drawbridge. Also they are missing from the list when I un-retire and go back into fortress mode. I should also note that there were some artifact picks that made the transition and stayed in the list when un-retiring but they are equipped by miners and were equipped by them at the time of retiring the fort.
Walls are pretty much ignored when not directly 'loading' a site.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Artlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 10:45:08 am »

So an update on my issue. I made a dwarf adventurer in the fortresses infancy and then retired them there and reclaimed. I then continued as normal with 8 dwarfs instead of 7 and just trained all the dwarfs real hard with steel axes and leggings. The legitimate artifacts they made are not poofing like my forced artifacts did. They did end up missing from the list when I un-retired the fortress but were still present where I left them. This is leading me to believe the artifacts made by the DFhack strangemood -force command cannot be used in adventurer mode without having them equipped on someone to make the transition. Another possibility is making the adventurer first and starting adventurer mode with an existing adventurer at the fort preserved them.