Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Domestic Rocs  (Read 710 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Domestic Rocs
« on: June 20, 2017, 03:43:26 pm »

So over here, in this thread, I had modded rocs to be domestic by adding the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [PET] tags to them. I want to create an aerie fortress, and breed rocs (because I can).

However, when the first traders arrived, one of the rocs went ballistic and murdered half of my population before being punched to death.

Is this due to the [MEGABEAST] tag? I tried doing research into it, but I can not find the quote. I have been playing this game for (on and off) 8 years, and I swear I read somewhere that if a megabeast tastes blood, it is forever unable to be a pet. Is this true? What did I do wrong?

ALSO:
My imagination is that the rocs are like giant (real life) ravens: "A small, foreboding black bird that feeds on carrion. It is social, very intelligent, and knows how to use tools". Is this the case? Should I add any tags to the rocs to make them more "intelligent"?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.