Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ☼Blazegate,☼ One down, many to go [43.05]  (Read 9637 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
☼Blazegate,☼ One down, many to go [43.05]
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:10:03 am »

===Welcome to Blazegate!===

No, it's not a succession fort.

==INTRODUCTION==
7th Obsidian, 182nd year of the Age of Myth

“The Queen demands an expedition.” Said a dwarf clad in merchant purple, to an older dwarf in clad in the burnt orange tabard of a speardwarf, a scroll case clasped to his back, as he looked over a map. “One bound for the Hot Swamps.”

He simply huffed. “I have no means for such.” This was true, as his army was tied up with finishing the remaining stranglers they had been at war with for some time, and these straggler apes had proven unusually slippery little creatures. “The Warriors of the Arm are not to be wasted with pressing matters at hand.”

“The Queen has made her demand clear.” The merchant dwarf said, narrowing his eyes. “You will find the war dwarves for the expedition.”

“I have no war dwarves.” The General said, sounding rather irritated. “There are more pressing matters for them.”

“This is not a negotiation. The Queen demands a defense in the swamp. You will ensure something is done about it.” The merchant said sternly as he turned to leave. “Otherwise we will ensure discipline is dispensed.”

He straightened up and turned to the departing dwarf to demand to know if he was being threatened, but the merchant had gone. He grumbled, and went for a bookcase laden with scrolls detailing records of various miscreants of society, created to let the Army know what dregs were correct to conscript should the need arise, as they had managed to get by with volunteer formations so far.

1st Granite, 183

The Wagon rolls, and near all are silent unless needed. Only Brace tries to break the quiet among us.

Brace continues to boast that she will murder many beasts with her hammer. I do not understand her enthusiasm. This place will be full of vermin bugs and large beasts able to devour dwarves whole. When I reminded her of this it only seemed to encourage her.

3rd Granite, 183

I have learned the reasons for our conscription and assignment to this place. Brace is of like mindedness and assaulted a noble for not speaking to her with respect despite her duties. Katt designed a watch post with poor artfulness, and it collapsed. A guard was murdered by the fall. Monitor did not report to a Baron's distillery in a timely manner. Russ murdered the cousin of a Baroness in a rage for drunken destruction of her favored Duthal. Drite had lumbered a baron's favored tree without orders. Pyri built unflattering statues of Queen Muthkat from clay.

5th Granite, 183

Winter's grip is still noticeable here. I do not understand its name. Regardless, we are within reach of our new home.

7th Granite, 183

I have been given basic instructions on the use of shields by Katt. I now understand the purpose of extra equipment.

9th Granite, 183

I have been given basic instruction on the use of spears by Brace. I do not wish to be a soldier and informed her so. She reminded me with harshness that I am already a soldier. I reminded her we have been sentenced to death within the swamp.

11th Granite, 183

It snows in the swamp. I do not understand, as swamps are not supposed to be snowy.

13th Granite, 183

We have arrived amid snow. At least there are no vermin bugs. But being close to The Brash Towers makes me uneasy.

==EMBARK==

==MORE INTRO!==

Helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bay12! How's everyone doin' out there, eh? So, Old Splint's got himself a bit of news.

First, let me welcome you to Blazegate, using Amostubal's stewardship version of Masterwork. This is intended to be more or less a spiritual successor to Riverrun, the save to which I sadly lost to a hardware malfunction, and Paintedskins was lost during routine housekeeping (I neglected to name the save folder, resulting in it getting chunked by my own stupidity.)

That being said, I wanted to try and replicate Riverrun to an extent, and wouldn't you lookit that, I got a perfect spot! Specifically one at a chokepoint with a southern river going across the map. Anyways, in case you haven't noticed, I've opted to take a different approach to the writing style, and I hope that won't be an obstacle to audience participation/roleplay.

You can obviously use a translation convention so you can write normally compared to the actual updates if you like. :P That being said, on to some other info! I'll also revert to my normal writing style if you guys feel this way is too much of a headache.

==MODS IN PLAY==
Additions sans Toy Types.
Deeper Dwarven Domestication
Standardized materials sans meat and wood, as there was some kind of issue regarding standardized meat and I wanna have wood types for flavor.
Harder Farming and Learning enabled.
More Leather.
Silk Eggs.
Small Things.
Terrible Melee Weapons, for that ad-hoc militia feel!
Mythical Monsters .
The Wild Hunt.
Plump Helmet Man Overgrowth.
Whatevermancy. I don't know if that nearby tower is traditional zombies or something else.
Deep Ones Cult.
Arctic Additions – Creatures and Plants (probably wont come into play, but you never know, maybe we'll get an imported wooly rhino or something.)
The Earth Strikes Back! + Secrets.
All addons under Dwarf launcher tab.
MDF Creatures – Vermin, Megabeasts, Surface/Cavern Creatures, HFS, Fanciful, and Monsters.
Vanilla Fliers disabled.
Succubi and Naga Disabled. Badgermen and Pandashi take their place, as part of the slaver faction.
Stranglers and Beakwolves are in play, and have their birth rates massively increased so they survive worldgen and hopefully come to play.

==OTHER STUFF==
I'll be doing each season from the perspective of a different NPC dwarf (rather than monthly, as a month might zip by without my knowing it. Usually.)

I have very minor mods of my own in play, mainly adding some flavor positions and military squads to “Higher” nobles.

I've renamed a few weapons in Terrible Melee Weapons; nothing major, mainly just replacing things like “gnawed-on “ and stuff like that, and many now need two hands for nearly anyone to wield, being things like lumber axes and pitch forks and thus not really meant for battle (or use with a shield for that matter.)

Some ranged weapons have a separate set of melee attacks added – Crossbows and Bows when used in melee will now have their melee attacks based on the respective weapon, representing them carrying a backup weapon for melee combat (since it's easier than actually issuing them an offhand weapon.)

Only two procedurally generated clown types are in play, to facilitate goblins spawning. Didn't do them any good during world gen.

==DIETIES==
We have a more bland assortment this time around, sadly.

Ber – A male Guard dwarf associated with Mountains, Caverns, Earth, Jewels, and Volcanos. Probably often depicting wielding a pick in place of a more traditional melee weapon.
Kovost Ivorysilver – A female Legionnaire dwarf associated with wealth. As Ber's domain brings wealth, and they are both military castes in depiction, one can assume they are spouses. As we have no other female gods, this also means the rest are likely their sons, and she likely serves as our war god as well.
Rovol Guardsaftey – A male dwarf associated with fortresses and things associated with safety, such as the rule of law.
Zalud the Fountain of Yearlings – Male dwarf associated with Fertility. Most depictions likely have him as a rather hefty looking fellow with a massive bulge in his pants and fruitful fields and orchards about.
Tamol – Male dwarf associated with Charity. Probably the nicest one of the bunch.
Lamnum – Beast Warden male dwarf associated with darkness. Likely always depicted stalking enemies and prey from the shadows. Probably the patron of the Beast Wardens, and his followers typically use a feather to pin up one side of their iconic hats based upon his own.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼ Blazegate, ☼ A Spiritual Successor to ☼ Riverrun ☼ [43.05]
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 05:11:32 am »

COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS
All stories, journal entries, art, or music (yeah like that last one will ever happen) made by other community members will be placed here, for ease of access.

Bearskie
Bear's Journal 1

IlFedaykin
Funerary Speech

Nidor
Divine Darts

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 05:12:01 am »

POPULATION
Dwarves: 61
Greater Badgermen: 1
Beak Wolves: 1
Claimed: 7 (dwarves)
Unclaimed: 37
Total: 63

Splint - Farmer/Speardwarf [Claimed by: Splint]
Bear - Tanner/Herbalist [Claimed by: Bearskie]
Altree - Armorer [Claimed by: Altree]
Sanctume - Hunter/Macedwarf [Claimed by: Sanctume]
Obar - Mason/Preacher [Claimed by: Ilfedaykin]
Nidor - Stonecrafter [Claimed by: Nidor]
Sook - Beast Warden[Claimed by

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 05:12:50 am »

The Honored Dead
CURRENT BODYCOUNT: 3
Color coded as per usual.
Accident/Wildlife/Combat (includes berserker dwarves)
Colonel Brace: Bled out via wyvern acid syndrome. Fuck wyverns.
Altree the Armorer: Mauled by the cave bear Balldefects.
Urist the Militiadwarf: Head torn off by the giant drowspider Kissflashes.

Insanity
Old Age
Abduction

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 05:24:14 am »

15th Granite, 183

Russ trains the animals for war while we begin marking trees to be lumbered. We have elected Monitor to lead civic works while Brace will lead war dwarves and war beasts.

17th Granite, 183

Brace declares treason on merchants tasked with supplying us. I inquired as to why she declares such a grievous crime and she bellows there is no pick. With no pick we have no means to dig! Why would they do this to us?

18th Granite, 183

Monitor declares that lack of picks will not halt us. She declared trees lumbered for shelter and a trade depot raised that we might negotiate for a pick from travellers.

20th Granite, 183

I have been given permission to shear tusks for ivory by the war boars. They are the fine creatures, giving ivory, and milk, and murder for intruders with equal mirth. Brace drills mushrooms in the art of striking with fists. They will make fine warriors in time.

21st Granite, 183

It rains blood of kobolds to the south east. The Brash Towers do not abide our presence, but it was brief and light.

22nd Granite, 183

There are ill omens in this place.

25th Granite, 183

The Plump Helmets are eager to prove their valor and war against the lachmates that crawl from the thawed river. It is good to see them brave danger. One was the cowardly mushroom however and I rescued it by striking the lachmate with fists until it fell to useless grime.

27th Granite, 183

Fell creatures resembling weasels with blade hands have appeared from the mountains. Brace has ordered we Warriors of the Arm prepare for battle. I do not wish to battle undead sickle weasels. Brace informed me I am a Warrior of the Arm and must face all foes. I informed with politeness I am not required to wish to face said foes as she does because I am not insane.

Splint's War Legends of 27th Granite 183

Colonel bellows at undead beasts to face her as we march to face them. Two swoop down and assault. Colonel proceeds to strike undead sickle weasel with sledgehammer. Colonel repeats this a second time.  The sickle weasel heads are crushed. I stab with bronze spear into a sick weasel and scream in terror when it does not die from heart puncturing. I stab again and decapitate the sickle weasel.

I was attacked by the dead. This is truly horrifying. Colonel congratulates Katt and I for not fleeing in terror from undead beasts.

28th Granite, 183

We have raised workstations and Pyri volunteers to work ivory and wood into commodities for trade. She is a craftsdwarf by trade and bears all tools she needs. They are of man-like craftsdwarfship, but should be tradeable goods regardless.

3rd Slate, 183

We have laid groundwork for a shelter of walnut wood. Drite lumbers trees that are obstructions to building a roof. Monitor declares it to not be permanent and to only build furniture and to store food within. There will only be roof enough for eating and sleeping as a result.

5th Slate, 183

War beasts are assigned by Monitor. Brace is assigned two war boars. Katt is assigned two war boars. I am assigned no war beasts. The War Mushrooms refuse any orders that are not the Colonels. They are the good soldiers.

8th Slate, 183

The shelter is mostly complete. We require furnishings and Monitor has petitioned Drite to build them from birch wood. Her buckets are of fine make, and her furnishings are sure to be of fine make as well.

12th Slate, 183

Boulder crabs are most mysterious beasts. The males leave stones of value in boxes we make for them, and they appear as mossy stones that move of their own volition. Russ speaks wild fantasies of boulder crabs larger than mountains that are as old as Ber's works themselves. I do not believe these fantasies.

17th Slate, 183

Warriors of the Arm practice drills with weapons. I was struck by Katt painfully with his trench spade when I mocked it for not being the true weapon. I will not mock his trench spade again.

19th Slate, 183

It is good to sleep under a roof and not on grass as elves do. It is good to eat on tables made from murdered trees and not grass as beasts do. Drite is pleased by her handiwork and we all are in gratitude to her for them.

21st Slate, 183

I offered to teach Russ the ways of farm labor as we do not have the means to make Duthals and lack a tavern for her to perform within. She refused as she declared herself a bard, not a builder of food from soil.

25th Slate, 183

I grow leery of the War Mushrooms. They lack normal eyes and thus do not blink. It is unsettling to behold. Brace shares my leeriness.

28th Slate, 183

The boulder crabs leave stones within the boxes where we moved them. Pyri has marked them to be used for crafts.

3rd Felsite, 183

We consume the efforts of my labor gathering plants. All seemed to enjoy meals of pickle berry and turnip except for Russ who consumed a large bloated tuber.

6th Felsite, 183

I built a kitchen to build proper meals in. We have hen eggs that are not good to eat raw for it leads to sickness. My first creation was of ground cave crab wrapped in lettuce leaf. I believe they are delicious and upon sampling Drite and Monitor declared them to be finely crafted. I was very satisfied by this.

9th Felsite, 183

Gigantic vermin bugs buzz through the skies annoying all who can behold them. All who call this place him can behold them and are annoyed. Flies are terrible creatures. Gigantic flies are more terrible. I wish death upon the gigantic vermin bugs.

13th Felsite, 183

I built a crude still from wooden slats and small pipe sections. It will be crude and inefficient, but will provide sustaining drink. I have spent several days tutoring Russ on how to brew ale from plants and water, and she took well to it.

18th Felsite, 183

Between drilling mandates and building meals I have so little time to tend other matters. I have made time to assist Russ in brewing ale and tutoring her on gathering plants that are useful or good to eat.

20th Felsite, 183

Russ has finished her first ale. It is brewed from turnips. I do not wish to drink turnip wine again. It was of foulness so great I was forced to use my helm for a bucket to dispose of it properly.

23rd Felsite, 183

The millet is unwholesome to look upon. It appears like abnormal maize ears and maize is not tiny like the millet. It thinks itself a suitable imposter but I see it for what it truly is: Inferior elf grains. Beer made from it however is potable, if sweeter than I would like.

25th Felsite, 183

Turnips are unpleasant to consume for food raw and unpleasant to consume for ale. It is the plump helmet of the surface world. I would prefer eating millets to turnips.

28th Felsite, 183

The vermin bugs have yet to depart. Why they believe they must torment us as we snooze I will never learn. Perhaps they know we find them to be despicable creatures.

And lo, here we have our first update! So, evidently some shit I had failed to notice or account for are on the table.

First: I had forgotten a pick. Or an anvil, for that matter. So I feel dumb.
Second: Evidently we have some evil in the land, because fucking zombie youkai attacked us.
Third: Plump helmet men are vermin hunters. I forgot about that. Lead to much chasing them around the map in Granite when trying to get them in one place for war training.

However, all is not lost! With one season down and a few dead critters that tried to murder us under our belts, things are looking up for us! Update 2, coming soon. After some other people post. I actually have two updates ready to roll out. :P

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:38:57 am »

Reads like Matul Remrit with grammar. I wouldn't mind getting involved in this. Dwarf called Bear, please.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 07:21:14 am »

Reads like Matul Remrit with grammar. I wouldn't mind getting involved in this. Dwarf called Bear, please.

That's what I was going for.  :) Your dwarf arrived in summer.

3rd Hematite, 183

Things appear brighter with summers coming, perhaps the land reflecting the formation of two bonds. I discovered Pyri and Katt in romantic throes and left them flustered and learned at morning meat and ale that Splint and Monitor are of similar closeness.

6th Hematite, 183

I grow bored striking the armor stand. Why could more undead not come from the southwest mountains?

7th Hematite, 183

Turnip Wine brewed by Russ is truly unwholesome to guzzle. I will not question Splint's wisdom of ales again.

9th Hematite, 183

I would crush the vermin bugs if they would only come and face me. I hope their larvae are preyed upon by giant hens. There are no innocent larvae that become giant vermin bugs.

10th Hematite, 183

I had terror dreams about giant vermin bugs spitting upon me, where I melted and became food for them. I will crush any vermin bug that attempts this. But they are still more tolerable than jumping spiders and their evil beady eyes and many leaping limbs.

12th Hematite, 183

The War Mushrooms are unsettling to behold but good and disciplined. Some bear injuries from battling the trash heaps.

18th Hematite, 183

The mountain sought to challenge us again! They came upon dust storms. I roused my warriors and we stood ready to end their unlife. When they descended two sickle weasels fell under my hammer. The third knowing no fear in death was decapitated by sapper spade. It is a serviceable axe-like weapon in Katt's hands.

19th Hematite, 183

Katt awoke us with screams of terror from a snooze. It was of terror dreams of dread sickle weasels. I do not understand, he declared himself not upset by being attacked by the dead.

23rd Hematite, 183

I inquired with Russ what the strange creatures across the river are called. She informed me that they are anteaters. I asked her: How do they eat ants? They lack jaws. She did not answer me and admitted she did not know.

25th Hematite, 183

Observed the anteaters. Watched as they broke into ant mounds with claws and stabbed the opening with their tongues. Many ants were consumed by each, yet they left each nest able to go on. I am curious how the tongues latch onto ants with no teeth or pincers.

28th Hematite, 183

Campfires burn to the east. Someone approaches us.

3rd Malachite, 183

I was certain I heard the buzzing of vermin wings today, but the giant vermin bugs are all gone.

5th Malachite, 183

Six dwarves come to us, among them a renowned mathematician of ill humor and venerable age. They all seemed distraught at the lack of properly dug accommodations and declared they should blame the merchants who were meant to supply us with all tools. The Armorer declared them dolts and it seems all are in agreement.

6th Malachite, 183

I have learned all have skill with weapons. It seems that the General does not send meager cast-offs of society to us.

13th Malachite, 183

I have spent days attempting to get these miscreants to enlist as war dwarves. They refuse until proper arms are provided. How am I to provide weapons with no tools to do so?

14th Malachite, 183

They will have their weapons. They did not specify they be metal or wood.

17th Malachite, 183

Three of six have enlisted upon being given training weapons. They intent to make enemies suffer horrible drawn out deaths until better armament is available.

20th Malachite, 183

A lack of red meat disturbs me. Muskrats have made the mistake of roaming where we can assault them. Perhaps we can gain meat and hides from them.

23rd Malachite, 183

They are smaller than I had initially thought. We cannot make use of such tiny creatures. Three days spent hunting them wasted.

28th Malachite

There are great boars that dwarf the war boars. These will surely provide good meat and hides!

7th Galena, 183

Many days have been spent building a bridge to ford the river. We can now murder the boars for meat and hides.

28th Galena, 183

Several weeks spent tracking them, striking them down one by one. Half the heard will escape, but the rest shall fill dwarf bellies with needed meat. It has been a good season with battle.

And, update #2! A little short and abrupt, but Brace didn't do much in Galena apart from kill boars. Or more, chased boars into Splint who promptly pricked their skulls full of spreahead-sized holes. Also my apologies for the sparse pictures.

We have six migrants on hand, though really everyone is available for claiming apart from Brace and Splint. The other six are presently unnamed, and includes one very old dwarf beekeeper/mathematician, an adept metalcrafter (Hammerdwarf,)  an adept Armorer, a tanner (Bear,) drafted into plant gathering duty, a mason (Axedwarf, whom I have chosen to name Grenzer for funsies) and a milker (macedwarf, given the name Tor.)

I'll also admit to using exterminate on the giant flies. I fucking hate fliers because they seem determined to linger on the map far longer than other creatures.

I have one update left in queue, after which there'll be  a slowdown because I'll need to pick a dwarf and make a portrait plus any other drawings I deign to add.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:24 am »

I love this!

Request a dorf, Sanctume by name.  Profession either axedwarf, hammerdwarf, knife fighter, miner, priest, or pimp.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 02:44:05 pm »

WONDERFUL!

I would like to request a dwarf named Altaree.  Bartender, medic, or smith.  Thanks!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 02:59:00 pm »

WONDERFUL!

I would like to request a dwarf named Altaree.  Bartender, medic, or smith.  Thanks!
I love this!

Request a dorf, Sanctume by name.  Profession either axedwarf, hammerdwarf, knife fighter, miner, priest, or pimp.

I'll get you guys set up. An Armorer for Altree, And a macedwarf for Sanctume (sorry man, but I actually have a dwarf named Urist. I wanna keep him Urist.)

EDIT: I'll post the next update in a little bit, gonna hold out a lil longer.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 03:19:25 pm »

Sign me up for a turn.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 03:32:08 pm »

Sign me up for a turn.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second line on the OP is what I shall refer you to. But if you'd like a dwarf, that can be arranged (you'll need to wait until we get some lady dorfs in a migrant wave though if a lady dorf is preferred, all we have is dudes and a handful of pre-named dwarfettes.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 03:35:29 pm »

2nd Limestone, 183

Autumn Comes. And soon so shall the merchants. Brace proposed we murder the merchants for not supplying us with proper tools. I voted in agreement. Monitor put the proposal to fair voting and the vote ruled we will not murder.

3rd Limestone, 183

These wall nuts are infuriating to behold. Why does Russ insist upon gathering them. They do not come from walls at all.

4th Limestone, 183

Wild Boar meat is delicious.

5th Limestone, 183

Crablings hatched. I observed the mothers place shellstone upon their backs and feed them with rock salt pebbles. Boulder grabs are most mysterious beasts to feed their young stones and not ale

6th Limestone, 183

The spade is the good weapon and tool in equal measure. I will let non besmirch it!

7th Limestone, 183

A War Mushroom tugged at my leg and held up a gloved hand. It then held up an ungloved hand. I correctly presumed it inquired about a lost glove and I informed I did not know small gloves. Such strange creatures, the War Mushrooms.

8th Limestone, 183

I was informed that wall nuts do not exist from Russ. The litter is spelled Walnut and the trees are walnut. I do not understand the need for such confusing names for charcoal and bed frames in waiting.

9th Limestone, 183

The rock salt that dusts the ground is a handy thing. The Thinker bemoans his duty, but he salts and carves meat well. I enjoy the dried boar meat he produces. It is better than Walnuts.

10th Limestone, 183

Orders fulfilled. Spent the day clearing mangled boar cartilage from the butchery station.

11th Limestone, 183

Mandate issued by the Colonel: Three suits of armor, helms and scales of leather. If the militia is to train it cannot do so unarmored. This is a sound mandate. Perhaps this was the true purpose behind the boars.

12th Limestone, 183

I observed War Mushrooms riding War Boars. The War Boars appeared displeased and one trampled a War Mushroom.

13th Limestone, 183

Walnuts are unwholesome to consume. They are offensively bland food, and I would strike Russ for continued collection if I did not fear discipline.

14th Limestone, 183

The Colonel plans to war the giant boars if they do not leave. I hope she waits until we have better armaments.

15th Limestone, 183

Merchants come, lead by a peasant bearing official writs of commerce. How is he a peasant with such a writ? Possible peasant scheme?

16th Limestone, 183

The traders bring news of reclamation works up north. They also bring a needed anvil and picks, and needed ale, as reserves run short of our own. Russ is angered that they did not bring a Duthal and Brace refuses to speak to the merchants. Monitor negotiated many commodities for ale, anvil, picks, and bolts of wool and silk fabric. She is the good Broker.

17th Limestone, 183

Learned of trade demands. Imports demand ale, fuel stones, ore stones. Exports demand paper, headwear, and earrings. I declare we will export walnuts to them in sacks and the peasant showed no care, merely informing me this was nice and continued negotiations with Monitor. It is good they will accept the walnuts.

18th Limestone, 183

Mandate issued for weapons: Cobalt war axe and Copper hammer. Mandate issued for boar murder: Splint is sent to slay giant boars alone due to weapon efficiency. I do not envy him, but he is best suited to boar murder.

19th Limestone, 183

Workers return with a slain boar. Its head is cloven asunder. The do not know where Splint is.

20th Limestone, 183

Tiny War Mushrooms dropped from the head of a War Mushroom. They appeared disoriented and tiny.

21st Limestone, 183

Workers return with another slain boar. Splint is still not found.

22nd Limestone, 183

Splint returns. He reports giant boars of fled the area in wake of murders. He appears tired and of ill humor.

23rd Limestone, 183

I heard odd barks at morning meat and ale. Russ tells me they are Capybaras. I inquired how she knew this, and she explained she is well traveled. I inquired  to her “What are Capybaras?” She answered they are large vermin that are like Cavies, but large.

24th Limestone, 183

Monitor has invented a new form of cooking! While rendering tallow she decided to heat it and drop chunks of boar meat within. I do not know what the tallow does, but it is delicious. She calls it “Deep Frying.” I approve of this.

25th Limestone, 183

Orders complete. Spent day marking ale for avoidance while cooking and hauling salted meat. Capybaras continue to bark occasionally. They are pleasant creatures to look upon.

26th Limestone, 183

Pyri works tirelessly to produce trade goods. Merchants traveled up from the south on a return trip and southern humans may come up to trade when they inform them of us. It is good she can practice a craft. I cannot until we may strike the earth. Monitor has yet to find a volunteer to do so.

And so we come upon another update! This one's covering a much smaller amount of time and due to how I decided to write Katt, this'll be it for him – I was running out of ideas of shit to make up to cover the gaps between actual things. So the next one will be from a different dorf's outlook.

We finally have the tools we need to get dug in properly, though my own stupidity has basically set us back by a year and I'll have to hope for the best come Spring as far as that tower and possible sieges go, since we have virtually nothing in the way of a militia with even the barest scraps of proper armament, since the forge and leatherworks aren't actually built yet.

Up side, decided to use prospect to see what we have besides rock salt (As that was visible in the hillsides to the north of us.) Got gneiss around here somewhere, as well as marble and limonite, so hopefully we'll have a militia with iron weaponry and a nice gray keep decorated with fine statuary.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 06:47:45 pm »

Fantastic as always. I'll take the priest as soon as there is one, no hurry.  Name's Obar. He wants silver clothing by the way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4