Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dang is denied an apprenticeship to Zom. Zom takes Dang as apprentice  (Read 2226 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In 25, midspring, (1st of Felsite) the goblin Dang Bendmenace was denied an apprenticeship under Zom in Leakyhates as Zom prefers to work alone.

In 25, midspring, (1st of Felsite) Zom became the master of the goblin Dang Bendmenace.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

I like how both of those events happened on the same day.

"No, I'm not teaching you."

"But Zom, I really want you to teach me. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa-"

"Okay, fine! I'll teach if you just shut up!"

That's how I imagine it going down.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found this in Legends because some guy mentioned Zom so I looked him up.
Fighting a forgotten beast currently using my elephant man equipped with a dolomite statue of a griffin. 90% of its body is red but it JUST WONT DIE.
The FB also has a non toxic poisonous gas that appears to do nothing. I really hope it does nothing. Really, really, hope.
A gaunt pink flamingo with external ribs. Beware its poisonous gas!

I finally managed to kill him. I just kept bashing his chest with the statue until he suffocated. I need to find a slade one. Or maybe a coffin. Or, wait. Are forgotten beast corpses very effective weapons?

Also my next target is a Roc. Is there a simple way to discover their lairs, since you can't fast travel in hills?
It occurred to me it was probably on the edge, and it was. Thanks, brain!

Wow. That roc and my companion were both wusses. Once the fight started my archer friend shot an arrow into the roc's knee and then ran out of sight. The roc decided it should run even though it couldn't fly or run. Easiest fight ever. (If not the shortest one)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:22:55 pm by johiah »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I thought of this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Dude asks if he can become an apprentice, a former student is like "nah, fuck you, I'd literally rather die than let this happen" *blargh*, and just to add insult to injury, they get rejected afterwards due to the jealousy of some dead jerkwad?

Though in Zom-related stories, I've got a spouse converter race I'm working on, ancient masters/mistresses, and their concubines/paramours, it's difficult getting a 4-case converter race working, so I was excited to see a paramour mentioned.

*zoops over to check their entry*

...hmmm, dude started worshipping (due to the [POWER] tag the ancients have) this grizzled pervy old lady for 6 years so she kidnapped him and turned him into a plaything to breed with?

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is some messed up stuff.
So now my Elephant man found a !!Slade Statue!!
and is using it to one shot goblins. He isn't quite strong enough to move at full speed while carrying it sadly.

Edit: Just realized it is a slade statue of a goblin. How poetic.

That was the most anticlimactic hero death ever. I went up, thinking that with legendary fighting skill I would be able to slay the demon. He dodges some things I throw at him, and goes to attack. He grabs my sword arm and aims a kick at my head, so I try to cut his foot off with my tusk.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:52:29 pm by johiah »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit

Anticlimatic? You're kidding right ? This is godamn demonic kung fu right there. Dude grabs your arm and roundhouse kick you into the nearest wall. This is beatifully tragic

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile

...hmmm, dude started worshipping (due to the [POWER] tag the ancients have) this grizzled pervy old lady for 6 years so she kidnapped him and turned him into a plaything to breed with?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm.. uh... having a hard time trying to even picture that. Who is or isn't a woman and who is or isn't a man and who is or who isn't some eldritch third gender and if so who mates with who.. or is the third gender basically a carnal gymnastic carrier-bridge of sorts between male and a female when they all *ahem* you know, co-op together, like some sort of a centip- wait a minute.. oh, no.. nooo not that movie, no no no, just no, not that! Someone hand me a bucket of bleach! xD
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:23:01 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

The master/mistress aren't supposed to breed with each other, they're corrupted by a sort of tamatebako "youth for wisdom and power" trade with a god, they were originally supposed to teach martial arts but I couldn't get it working right so I got the idea to have them corrupt others into playthings.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit

The master/mistress aren't supposed to breed with each other

Let me introduce you to what we casually call the BDSM community

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: Dang is denied an apprenticeship to Zom. Zom takes Dang as apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 11:02:13 pm »

Heh, didn't really know that's a thing here still for better or worse, I myself are not into that sort of thing to begin with.
Sure my female adventurers are nudist warriors to let their bare strong beauty be visible along with no need to worry about clothes getting torn off and male adventurers only have a loin cloth added for practicality because it's kinda hard to move around quickly and not twist your nads between the legs or something, way more painful I figure because female breasts at least are not between the legs.
Ever sat on your balls until they go kinda numb and when you sit up and react with "ow! >_<", yeah.. not the most pleasant of feelings.

Anyhow, enough me talking about genitals of the two genders here with a serious thinking face. The game sure has made the nude character thing a normal thing to me, possible because NPCs are sometimes often naked too and don't seem to mind the breeze. DF has messed up my concept of dignity or just merely overridden it big-time into something where dignity is found when being nude or something along those lines, damn ye infernal game! XD

As for on-topic subject, who is Zom and what have I missed, some shared world file or something to do with new features in 0.43.05? Apart from that, I'll just show myself out for now before I start stating my values about nuances of decorum any further.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky