Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)  (Read 5249 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2017, 08:16:09 pm »

Search for some kind of hazmat suit so someone larger can investigate the engine room.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2017, 11:35:26 pm »

Tic 16.

Orerr exits the gene lab and enters the central hall. They are immediately given a kitchen knife and set of crew clothing.

Quill swoops into the kitchen and grabs the frying pan, mumbling something about how knives are too hard to use.

Falsh looks around for a hazmat suit so that they may enter the engine control room. But fails to find any. It seems the ship builders didn't intend for the ship to be so damaged.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2017, 02:02:02 am »

"Still, there's enough there that with a bit of jerry-rigging, and a lot of scrap, perhaps you can just connect everything and see how it goes. That would require pretty much all of the new scrap materials however."
Do eet.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2017, 02:15:04 am »

I'm going to look for a decent sized hole to crawl out of, since it seems we have Air, and whatever I'm made out of must have been alive when we got here.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2017, 02:57:32 am »

((Actually, my timezone doesn't seem to be compatible with the game, multiple turns happening during time I'm normally asleep. Please withdraw my name from the waitlist.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2017, 07:29:09 am »

Continue looking around for potentially interesting/useful things and stuff.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2017, 12:34:00 pm »

Tic 17.

Bob sets out to repair the life support system, sticking bits of electronics where other bits have been melted away, pretty much completely at random. After a while the machine looks more like a pile of junk than an a space station piece of equipment. When you finally run out of bits to stick onto it, theres only one thing left to do, switch it on. When you do, sparks fly off the machine, and it lets out a soft wheezing sound. It seems like its at least moving air, whether or not its actually recycling oxygen is difficult to tell as there is fresh air already pouring into the ship from the nearby area.

Quill wanders aimlessly around the ship looking for more useful objects, but it seems like most of the ship is pretty well picked over. When wandering through the kitchen you notice the hole in the wall leading to an external cavelike area.

Orerr crawls out of a hull breach in the kitchen, completely ignoring the completely functional exterior door to your ship. Upon exiting you figure out how your ship managed to end up underground. It seems your ship has fallen down some sort of lift, resting on (partially pierced through) a metal platform of some sort of alien design. A small pillar seems to have controls on it. The rest of the room seems fairly empty and cavelike. A tunnel leads out of the room north of you.

Ember finds himself drifting off, slowly falling into a coma due to lack of action.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2017, 12:38:37 pm »

Falsh crawls walks through the hull breach and into the strange cave.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2017, 01:37:06 pm »

Inspect the cargo holds. If I can't do that, inspect the engine room.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2017, 01:49:59 pm »

Get one of those flashlights from earlier and illuminate the cave.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2017, 01:54:56 pm »

Stirring in the Depths

Filled with Eternal Rage

ABRAHAM LINCOLN

[whitelist me]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:26:54 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2017, 02:24:37 pm »

Tic 18
Spoiler: A Note on Updates (click to show/hide)

Falsh walks through the hull breech without needing to even duck, and finds himself in a fairly open cavern. He notices that the ship seems to have fallen down some sort of shaft, and is resting on a lift platform that appears somewhat complex and alien. The room itself is empty, composed entirely of a grey stone. There is a tunnel to the north.

Bob thinks that it may be a bad idea to check the engines, and thus checks the cargo holds instead. The internal entrance to the cargo holds is broken, but its a simple matter to exit the ship and reenter from the loading docs. Both cargo holds seem functional, albeit they are currently empty.

Quill grabs a flashlight and shines it around the cavern. Its a fairly nicely sized room, mostly dominated by the lift platform. Your ship rest comfortably on it (if you can call halfway destroying the lift as comfortable). The cavern itself is made of an uninteresting grey stone, but a tunnel to the north catches your attention. It seems to be the only feature of the room.

Ember slips further away from reality. Becoming less and less aware of their physical body.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2017, 02:29:45 pm »

Wake up Ember!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2017, 02:32:21 pm »

Tic 18.1

Ember seems completely catatonic. The medbay scanner confirms the same thing. Unless they force themselves out of it, they will certainly die.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2017, 02:44:15 pm »

Fine then.
Distribute flashlights.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8