Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Divinity (IC Thread) - Summer, Year 1  (Read 8482 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity (IC Thread) - Spring, Year 1
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 04:14:48 pm »

"Excellent. Remember, if the gift I have given you, which I name Copper, is placed within a sufficiently hot flame, it can be shaped. An axehead made from it will work better than an axehead made of stone. Now, I must be off. Even a god can get tired, and while speaking through this flame is easy for me, I would like to conserve my remaining power that I might aid you more later. Goodbye, for now."

The fire settles down. Endion observes the Zekki Zakki using the stone axes, seeing how well they use them. He also observes what happens after he ceases speaking.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 04:24:01 pm »

"Excellent. Remember, if the gift I have given you, which I name Copper, is placed within a sufficiently hot flame, it can be shaped. An axehead made from it will work better than an axehead made of stone. Now, I must be off. Even a god can get tired, and while speaking through this flame is easy for me, I would like to conserve my remaining power that I might aid you more later. Goodbye, for now."

The fire settles down. Endion observes the Zekki Zakki using the stone axes, seeing how well they use them. He also observes what happens after he ceases speaking.

The flames slowly return back to their regular size as the shaman remains bowed before it. Once they have returned to normal, he rises to his feet and goes to examine the hunk of Copper which was gifted to them. He reaches down to touch it, but stops at the last second. The hunk of metal is still rather hot, and unable to be handled by naked, human hands. He uses his staff to move the chunk over to what seems to be a small structure which the people had been building while you spoke to them. While not finished, it is obviously a shrine in which they intend to place the copper for worship purposes.

You now turn your attention the crafter and his men, which are currently carving more stone for axes. It will probably take a while, but a man has taken the first axe to the nearby forest to try his hand at harvesting wood.

*roll*
He swings the axe in much the same way he would swing a club, bringing it over his head and crashing it down into a trunk. The axe takes a chunk of bark off of the tree, but not much more. The man picks up the chunk of bark, heaves the axe over his shoulder, and sets off back towards the village to report his findings.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 04:29:24 pm »

Once the man arrives back at the village, and reports his findings... Endion speaks through the fire once more.

"An axe is not a club. As such, it must be handled in a different way." Display an image of the axe being swung in a correct manner, and repeatedly, to fell a small tree. "I am not mad at you for using the axe incorrectly. You did the best you could using your experience."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:06 pm »

lets see how my tribe is doing. Do they hunt frequently?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 04:58:30 pm »

Join Endion at the pool, and observe my own people, the Giha.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 11:07:25 pm »

Once the man arrives back at the village, and reports his findings... Endion speaks through the fire once more.

"An axe is not a club. As such, it must be handled in a different way." Display an image of the axe being swung in a correct manner, and repeatedly, to fell a small tree. "I am not mad at you for using the axe incorrectly. You did the best you could using your experience."

After the man returns the axe to the crafter and reports his findings, he takes a meal to the fire, intending to sacrifice a portion in your name. As he nears, you again pour your energy into it, causing it to again double in height. The man, surprised, drops down to his knees and performs a deep bow.
"Oh mighty Endion, how may I serve you?"

"An axe is not a club. As such, it must be handled in a different way."

He raises his head to watch the fire form an image of an axe cutting into a small sapling horizontally, taking pieces from it as it goes. Finally, the axe swings clear through, and the image of the tree falls to one side before disappearing.

*roll*
"I understand now, oh wise Endion! I apologize fo-"
"I am not mad at you for using the axe incorrectly. You did the best you could using your experience."

He nods profusely and runs to tell the tribe of his findings as you release your grip on the fire.
The Zekki Zakki have learned woodcutting.

lets see how my tribe is doing. Do they hunt frequently?

You gaze down through the pool upon the Snowborn. Their village, one hundred strong, has its tents laid out in neatly placed lines along the left side. On the right side, they have the tents they use to store weapons, tools, clothes and food. The two sides are separated by what you deign to be the village elder's home, with a blazing bonfire in front of it.

You watch as a small group of hunters set out towards the mountains to the north, armed with primitive wooden clubs and slings. It seems they send out a hunting party once a day as the others forage for vegetables and fruit.

Join Endion at the pool, and observe my own people, the Giha.

You join Endion and Dareeyak at the pool, and gaze down upon the Giha.

The village is laid out rather haphazardly, with no discernible rhyme or reason to it. Tents seem to lie wherever the people felt like putting them, and you see tools and baskets strewn around the camp. Several small bonfires host small groups of villagers, also in seemingly random locations.
"Fitting," you think, "for a god of Madness."

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:11:47 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 11:07:59 pm »

Lrenzo joins in at the pool and looks at the Lotus
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 11:15:11 pm »

Lrenzo joins in at the pool and looks at the Lotus
You join your fellow deities at the pool, and cast your gaze down upon The Lotus Tribe.

The village is tightly clustered together in pods. Each pod is formed like a triangle; a tent on three sides (north, east and west) facing a small campfire which lies between the three. Each pod seems to have its own small stash of food and supplies, and they spread out over a small area, housing your fledgling population of one hundred.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 11:19:14 pm »

slings? This will not do. Use the fire to show them how to make a bow and some arrows.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 11:58:18 pm »

slings? This will not do. Use the fire to show them how to make a bow and some arrows.

Displeased at the Snowborn's primitive hunting style, and inspired by Endion's success with the flames, you begin to focus on the bonfire in front of the elder's abode. You are acutely aware that this has drained you, though you also know that you could continue to interact with the human plane for a while after this.

The flames begin to change. The hottest area of the fire, directly above the wood, turns as white as new snow. Blue tendrils lick around this icy core, drawing the attention of the elder and several villagers. Once you feel you have grabbed their attention, you manifest an image of a bow firing an arrow.

*roll*
The elder scribbles a picture of this bow into the dirt in front of him, and immediately sends a few men to gather wood and dried tendon. When they return, they begin to try assembling the picture that laid in front of them. Though a few of them fail, due to their branches being either too stiff or their tendons not being long enough, one younger man successfully manages to assemble a primitive bow. He pulls the string back and releases it, causing a satisfying twang to echo through the camp. Using a sharp rock, he cuts a notch in a relatively straight twig, and nocks it before releasing it towards the sky. It rises two or three meters before returning to earth. The men gathered around him excitedly run off, looking for more branches and tendons to make more of these creations. The village elder raises his hands to the sky, before shouting:

"All should bear witness to the greatness of Dareeyak, Bringer of Frost! He has gifted us with such a wonderful creation!"

The Snowborn have learned how to make primitive bows and arrows. They will learn archery given practice.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 12:11:19 am »

I wanna see what is my tribe doing
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 12:18:30 am »

I wanna see what is my tribe doing

You observe The Lotus Tribe as they go about their day. The majority of the tribe spends it foraging, with a hunting party or two leaving daily. The people who remain in camp spend their time drying hides and tendons, weaving baskets, and preparing food for storage. The village's elder hosts a sermon in your name once a day as well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:08:33 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 01:23:45 am »

I need no burning wood, for the fire of the mind is my domain. Find a young upstart of the village and grant them ambition and curiosity enough to someday rule the Giha, should they prove themselves. Explain to this new hero,"You now carry the blessing of Laganom within you, and the burden of the Giha. They will follow you, should you impress them, and me, with your deeds. Believe in me, as I believe in you, and make the Giha strong."

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 01:27:54 am »

I need no burning wood, for the fire of the mind is my domain. Find a young upstart of the village and grant them ambition and curiosity enough to someday rule the Giha, should they prove themselves. Explain to this new hero,"You now carry the blessing of Laganom within you, and the burden of the Giha. They will follow you, should you impress them, and me, with your deeds. Believe in me, as I believe in you, and make the Giha strong."
You silently judge the other gods for their heavy-handed methods of manipulating their tribes. You would be much more subtle.

You again cast your gaze on the Giha, closely observing them in search of the perfect subject.

After some time, and several rejected candidates, you stumbled upon the perfect champion. While observing a sermon given by the village elder, you watched as a young, fiery haired woman stood up and shouted at him, "You do not do justice to Laganom's name! How dare you disrespect him in this way!". The audacity of it impressed even you, and you patiently waited as she stormed away from the assembly to speak to her.

"You now carry the blessing of Laganom within you.."
As you began, she stopped dead. After frantically looking around, she looks up towards the sky and falls to her knees.
You began to work on her mind. Subtly manipulating certain bits of her brain chemistry and biology with your essence.

"...and the burden of the Giha. They will follow you, should you impress them, and me, with your deeds..."
She closes her eyes and begins to weep tears of joy.
You finish your manipulation and withdraw your essence from her mind. Your words filled her body with purpose, and your manipulations opened more paths to accomplish  this purpose than she ever believed possible.

"...Believe in me, as I believe in you, and make the Giha strong."
She stands up immediately and nods her head. She looks toward the sky for a moment, an unspoken pact she pushed into the heavens, before heading back towards the village.

Your actions leave you feeling somewhat drained.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:05:11 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 01:38:07 am »

appear to the elder in a vision, saying this:"Use my gift not only to hunt for food, but as a means of self improvement and sport so as to please me with your skill and shock those unfamiliar with us."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6