Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Divinity (IC Thread) - Summer, Year 1  (Read 8496 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity (IC Thread) - Spring, Year 1
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 02:06:19 am »

appear to the elder in a vision, saying this:"Use my gift not only to hunt for food, but as a means of self improvement and sport so as to please me with your skill and shock those unfamiliar with us."
You wait for the elder to lay down within his tent before revealing yourself to him.

As he drifts into sleep, you erupt into his mind in a blinding field of white. You are the lone figure among vast kilometers of nothingness. He slowly approaches you, and recognizes you as The Bringer of Frost. He drops down to his knees, and awaits your message.

"Use my gift not only to hunt for food, but as a means of self improvement and sport so as to please me with your skill and shock those unfamiliar with us."
He nods fervently at your words, and as he does, you depart from him.

He sits straight up from his slumber, still incredulous that you gave him the honour of seeing you. Jumping up quickly, he begins organizing a few of the hunters into a practice session for their new tools. The best archer among them by the end of the season would be given the first bow, an artifact named Frost's Menace, which was widely believed to grant its wielder Dareeyak's Blessing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 01:01:11 pm »

"They are doing well. I intended them to use the copper for tools, but that can wait for another gift of it. Keeping the first as a relic is reasonable. My tribe is doing well. Now, I rest."

Endion rests, waiting to act again until the next season. Presumably his tribe masters woodcutting in the meantime.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 01:08:48 pm »

I will add some of my own magic to the food and plants from the foraging
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 03:24:37 pm »

I will add some of my own magic to the food and plants from the foraging
After a while observing The Lotus Tribe in their daily activities, you decide the time for action is now.

Your power snakes down from the heavens, appearing to your eyes as thousands of small, purple tentacles. These tentacles begin seeking out the food stockpiles of your people, and upon finding them they imbue the freshest food with the essence of magic.

Different types of food act differently to your essence, you observe.
Fruits seem to be the most effected: your essence changes their biology as a whole. While they do not look different, their seeds will certainly sprout into something unusual and not of this world. Vegetables seem just to store this magic within them; their seeds should sprout normal, non magical plants.
Much the same could be said of the meat, as the magic has simply bound itself to the cells contained within each piece.

After a little while, your goal is complete. Any fresh food across the entire village has been wholly infused with the essence of magic. This act leaves you feeling very drained, and you are innately aware that any effects will need time to surface.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:24 pm »

lets see if there are any animals that might be of use to my tribe as something other than wild game.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 06:21:10 pm »

lets see if there are any animals that might be of use to my tribe as something other than wild game.
You take your focus off The Snowborn for the time being, looking for other inhabitants of this land.

*roll*
Three species draw your interest.

On the edge of the woods due west of The Snowborn's encampment, you observe as a pack of four legged canines descend upon a herbivore. Using their natural intelligence, brute strength and teamwork, these creatures managed to down the beast, which you have begun referring to as a Buffalo, without losing a single member of the pack. When fully grown, these beasts stand at about the height of a man's waist. You dub them wolves.

On the plains south of the village, you observe your first megafauna. These creatures rise three to six meters in height, and weigh in at several tonnes when fully grown. Their skin is a light grey, and they come equipped with tusks, and a powerful appendage you deem a trunk. Very intelligent, these animals roam the plains in small packs of three to eight individuals. You decide to call these creatures elephants.

Finally, within the mountains to the north you watch a large feline stalk a mountain goat. It travels almost completely silently, moving towards higher ground before leaping at its prey. With a swift bite to the throat, the goat falls limp. You dub this animal as a Cougar.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 08:37:26 pm »

lets see if we can improve the wolves a bit, starting by making them social with the Snowborn as well.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 03:37:09 am »

Pellapnia gazes into the pool at her faithful subjects.
Black lives matter.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 05:30:03 am »

Rest for a while to restore my energy
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 01:33:30 pm »

lets see if we can improve the wolves a bit, starting by making them social with the Snowborn as well.
These wolves could serve a greater purpose for you and your people, you decide, and you set off to work.

*roll*
You pick three of the most intelligent wolves you can find, and begin to focus your essence on them. Within their animal brains, your image again appears, willing them to go peacefully to the Snowborn, and to treat them as members of their pack. Unable to resist your will, they do so.

Upon reaching the outskirts of the village, a sentry shouts an alarm. Before you can react, the three wolves lay dead upon the outskirts, each stuck with several arrows. It appears the Snowborn are use to wolves approaching the village in search of refuse and easy prey, and act aggressively before they can ever enter the village's boundaries.

Pellapnia gazes into the pool at her faithful subjects.
You join the remaining gods at the pool, and cast your gaze down upon The Niaci.

The village is laid out in remarkable fashion. The elder's home lies dead center, with all of the residential tents arranged in a crescent shape above it. The supply tents are south of this, oriented in straight lines. You observe your people as they go about their usual day, mostly spent foraging or hunting for food. The few who don't forage focus on making tools, baskets, or drying hide for tents and clothing. You notice that twice a day, twenty to thirty people come together around the bonfire and take part in a community nap to honour and praise you.

Rest for a while to restore my energy
((Power (Belief) restores at the end of each season. Can I take this as your seasonal directive?))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:35:02 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 02:16:59 pm »

curses. I should of told them about my plans. Guess I'll wait until next season.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 02:29:12 am »

Those people, sleeping on the ground... that won't do at all. To properly receive her blessings, they'll need something more comfortable for the community nap.

First off, Pellapnia searches for any sort of material that would be nice and soft to lie on, like plants.
Black lives matter.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 05:19:20 am »

Those people, sleeping on the ground... that won't do at all. To properly receive her blessings, they'll need something more comfortable for the community nap.

First off, Pellapnia searches for any sort of material that would be nice and soft to lie on, like plants.
You cast your eyes upon the wilds outside your village, in search of finer materials with which you planned to improve your people's lives.

You spare no detail in your search, and it returns three candidates.

Firstly, the coasts south of the village contain a species of reeds with a seed that fits your criteria. These seeds number thousands per plant, and you innately know that there are more than enough plants to supply your entire village with a decent quantity of the seeds.

Secondly, following the coast northwest, you find a single plant with large, fluffy flowers. These flowers are made of a very soft fibrous material, and bloom every several weeks. While this single plant would not meet your needs at the moment, you see great potential in what you have deemed "Cotton".

Finally, several kilometers north of the village, you find a small herd of an animal which you think would fit your criteria perfectly. These animals, which you have called "Plains Sheep", grow a thick, grey coat which is very soft, and insulates incredibly well. This small herd would not be enough at the moment, but they seem to propagate rather quickly. In a few seasons, you would have a sizable herd as long as they were cared for.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 12:44:28 pm »

The Sheep will do nicely. Satisfied, the Dreamweaver sets about living up to her title...

You awaken from your community nap, but you are not truly awake yet; the sky is a starry night, and the camp is empty except for you. You have the desire to walk north, but why, you cannot say. After a long time of traveling you spot an animal in the distance bending down to eat a patch of long grass. A name comes from the ether and you speak it aloud without pause: "Sheep". It stands on four legs and is covered with grey fur. You approach the animal and reach out to touch it. It nuzzles your hand and moves closer to you with a strange bleating noise that draws another sheep over to you. This brings you a sense of great happiness. You lead the animals back to camp with a warm feeling in your heart.

You sense time passing; the air is warmer and the plants greener before your eyes, like spring becoming summer. The two sheep have another, smaller sheep with them. Then the season changes again, this time to fall - the group of sheep has grown and is now five. Their fur is thicker now, and they seem larger than they were before. You feel something appear in your hand - a knife, like the ones the skinners use when they're skinning animals for the hides. Without really knowing why, you take the knife and begin to cut the fur from the sheep. Your hands are careful and gentle, and soon you have several bundles of heavy, fluffy wool and a naked sheep. The feeling of warmth inside you grows; you're happier than you've ever been in your life. After this, you take the wool, place it between two long rectangles of tanned hide, stitch them together, and lie down on the resulting mat. It's incredibly comfortable and you fall asleep almost immediately.

Pellapnia delivers this dream to everyone participating in the community nap this day.

((god i hope this works))
Black lives matter.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »

The Sheep will do nicely. Satisfied, the Dreamweaver sets about living up to her title...

You awaken from your community nap, but you are not truly awake yet; the sky is a starry night, and the camp is empty except for you. You have the desire to walk north, but why, you cannot say. After a long time of traveling you spot an animal in the distance bending down to eat a patch of long grass. A name comes from the ether and you speak it aloud without pause: "Sheep". It stands on four legs and is covered with grey fur. You approach the animal and reach out to touch it. It nuzzles your hand and moves closer to you with a strange bleating noise that draws another sheep over to you. This brings you a sense of great happiness. You lead the animals back to camp with a warm feeling in your heart.

You sense time passing; the air is warmer and the plants greener before your eyes, like spring becoming summer. The two sheep have another, smaller sheep with them. Then the season changes again, this time to fall - the group of sheep has grown and is now five. Their fur is thicker now, and they seem larger than they were before. You feel something appear in your hand - a knife, like the ones the skinners use when they're skinning animals for the hides. Without really knowing why, you take the knife and begin to cut the fur from the sheep. Your hands are careful and gentle, and soon you have several bundles of heavy, fluffy wool and a naked sheep. The feeling of warmth inside you grows; you're happier than you've ever been in your life. After this, you take the wool, place it between two long rectangles of tanned hide, stitch them together, and lie down on the resulting mat. It's incredibly comfortable and you fall asleep almost immediately.

Pellapnia delivers this dream to everyone participating in the community nap this day.

((god i hope this works))
The Niaci assemble for their nap, a rite which they have christened "The Communion", as the sun begins to fall from the peak of the sky. The village's Elder, an old, gentle looking woman, leads the group in a short prayer before they lay down to rest. They are greeted with your masterfully crafted dream:

*roll*
All of the participating Niaci end The Communion in the same instant. After taking a few moments to awake fully, they begin excitedly conversing with the other members about the wonderful dream they had, and are startled to find that each member had had the exact same dream. They quickly rush to tell the elder, who confirms that she too had witnessed the events. She calls the tribe to attention, and explains that this must have been a premonition from The Dreamweaver. The crowd erupts into gleeful celebration before the elder again calls for their attention. She has three men and two women pack supplies and tools for a trek and tells them to head north. The trip would take them several nights, but they knew it would be important to return with these 'Sheep'. They packed food to tame them and rope to lead them back to town with, and set off. The Niaci's hopes go with them.

Manipulating the dreams of the tribesman on such a scale leave you feeling somewhat drained.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:19:56 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6