Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird Mouse Issue  (Read 1746 times)

mscottveach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird Mouse Issue
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:34:55 pm »

I'm back to playing after about a year off and I can't figure out how to fix this weird UI bug I have now.
I'm using the most recent PErrant's pack for windows.

The issue is that I have a green X that trails the mouse pointer around at an offset. If I put my mouse
pointer in the upper left, the X and the mouse pointer was colocated but as i move the mouse to the
right or down the X doesn't move as quickly so by the time I put my pointer in the bottom right hand
corner, the X is offset by some significant amount.

Anyone seen that before? Any idea how I can fix it? If I disable mousequery entirely it goes away but
of course so does my ability to use the mouse for anything.

Dalriad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Mouse Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:37:29 pm »

I've had that problem before but usually a simple restart of the game fixes it. Granted, I usually don't even use mouse controls anyways.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 05:48:25 am »

It was a bug in the pack, it should be fixed in the latest version of PE's pack (-r07).

Apostolos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:01 pm »

I just now downloaded the -r07 and it did not fix it for me.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:21:16 pm by Apostolos »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:33:17 pm »

This has been mentioned countless times in the thread for the pack you're using.

It seems that r07 may have the issue again, going by a recent report or two in that thread. r06 did not have the issue, supposedly, but PyLNP in that version was completely broken.

Anyway, there are instructions in the last couple pages of that thread about how to fix the issue yourself.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Apostolos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »

I'm sorry, but I just clicked on your link and read through all 5 pages and did not see any mention of a little green x offset issue on any of them.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:13:47 pm »

There are 298 pages in that thread. Here are some mentions of the issue, mostly within the last 5 pages (I'm not sure where you were looking):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.4350
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.msg7467255#msg7467255
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.4365
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.4410

Short version: Download TWBT from https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt and copy all of the plugins from what you downloaded into your hack/plugins folder.

Longer version: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.msg7492491#msg7492491
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:37:34 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Apostolos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 02:48:00 pm »

OK, maybe I'm an idiot.  I read those other pages and after reading those, I downloaded the  df-twbt-master.zip file you pointed me to.

I then copied the following files from the plugins folder it created (again.. like it sounded like you said to do)
automaterial.cpp
CMakeLists.txt
Makefile
mousequery.cpp
plugins.vcxproj
resume.cpp

and pasted all of those into the hack\plugins folder.  The weird thing is that there are only .dll files in there so that confused me.  Doing all of that did not fix the problem.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:50:06 pm by Apostolos »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 03:47:34 pm »

Right, those aren't plugins. Those files are the source code for the plugins, plus some other useless stuff (for your purposes). You need to download it from the releases page. See the last link that I added.

Apostolos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 04:41:09 pm »

Thank you.  That does seem to fix it.

The only feedback I would give, (and I realize this sounds like nitpicking... but it is for idiot proofing stuff for people like myself) would be to change the following line:

"4. In the TWBT folder you just decompressed, find the folder that matches your DFHack version, e.g. "0.43.05-r1""

to

"4. In the TWBT folder you just decompressed, find the folder that matches your DFHack version, e.g. "0.43.05-r1"  which is what you would need if you are using LNP 0.43.05-r07."

The reason is that since the naming convention is identical, it really is confusing as all hell.  Having to install an r1 group of files into an r5 (which sounds like it should be a "newer" version) just feels inherently wrong without someone holding your hand and saying "yes.. DO THIS"  I dunno.. maybe that is too much *shrug*  You have been a huge help though.. thanks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 08:06:53 pm »

There's a bit of a difference ("r01" vs. "r1"), but not obvious.

I updated that post, thanks. People should know what DFHack version they're using in order to download the right TWBT version in the first place, but I suppose I can't count on that either.

Anyway, sorry for being unclear earlier - I was annoyed at this coming up so much, and I think some of the more detailed explanations were actually on Reddit instead of PE's pack's thread. At least I have somewhere to link people to now.

lstaff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 06:36:26 am »

Same problem. I've try the fix but i have an error at start of my game. DfHack version match.
"TWBT: data/art/white1px.png not found, can not continue
Plugin twbt has failed to initialize properly.
multilevel is not a recognized command."
I use the last StarterPack
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:39:24 am by lstaff »