Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quantum stockpile in 43.05 - dwarves won't empty the cart [SOLVED]  (Read 1672 times)

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi

I've re-installed DF after some time (omg, what have I done ?!)
And I just found out that the Quantum Stockpile doesn't seem to be working anymore. The wiki tells otherwise, so I think I've done something wrong or miss a new step necessary in 43.05?

I use the pattern
 p
 S
ppp
Create a South track, new hauling route, add the S as a new stop of this road, assign a vehicule, remove all condition, add "wood" as desired item.
P north and south are wood stockpiles. P south takes from link only. I add "take from P north" to the stop.

So the dwarves fill the north pile, then the vehicule until it's 100% full ... and never push it.

What did I miss ? I tried to add a condition like 'half filled', or 'filled', they push it off tracks sometimes but never empty it.

Thanks for your help (and sorry if my english is not that good)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:52:58 am by aiseant »
http://tenshedkadol.wordpress.com/

As a Urist McFrenchy, please forgive my english

Heck, only the elves would tame a leech. [...] Just for this, I'm starting up lead goblet production. Anyone who tries to sell me a tame leech deserves to die from lead poisoning.

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum stockpile in 43.05 - dwarves won't empty the cart
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:39:55 am »

Create a track stop dumping at north.

Stockpile without barrels and bins, hauling route over track stop dumping in the direction of the quantum stockpile, and select the hauling route to take from the big stockpile (i make a 3*3 stockpile, and another 2*3  stone stockpile with wheelbarrows , you dont need adjacent stockpiles)

Dwarf pick object in stckpile, put in minecart, and the track stop autodump in the qsp
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:45:45 am »

Doesn't a track stop only auto-dump when the minecart first moves into the stop?

So if it's filled while at the stop, it'll never be autodumped?

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:50:24 am »

@Luriant : I tried with the big stockpile as the giver or as the receiver of the cart, both doesn't work for me. (i forgot to tell : no bin, wheelbarrows or barrels allowed anywhere, of course)

@Easter of Vermin : it used to work like this before, didn't it ?

Heck, only the elves would tame a leech. [...] Just for this, I'm starting up lead goblet production. Anyone who tries to sell me a tame leech deserves to die from lead poisoning.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 07:06:59 am »

If I understand it correctly, you're mis-remembering how it works:
- A mine cart will dump its contents when on a track stop, provided the track stop is set to dumping (which is done when you build it in vanilla: DF allows you to change this later without tearing down and rebuilding). You seem to have missed the track stop. There is no need for any actual tracks.
- A normal mine cart QS places the mine cart on the track stop (with a route stop on top of it to which the cart is assigned), and the cart never moves. Anything placed in the cart is dumped out immediately.
- You need to link the route to input stockpile(s), remove the movement conditions, and set up the cart contents conditions (which defaults to no items). It seems you've done that. If you return some movement orders the cart will be moved away and then hauled back, which is not what you want.
- It's possible to set up a route stop to give to stockpiles, but then it works as normal: the stockpile cannot stack items, so it won't be a QS.

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 07:42:56 am »

@PatrikLundell : omg you're right !

Please disregards my question, I've built a Track instead of Track Stop

Urist McStupid is stupid

Thanks for your time, sorry about this.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum stockpile in 43.05 - dwarves won't empty the cart [SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:31:38 am »

Memory is a fickle thing...

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum stockpile in 43.05 - dwarves won't empty the cart [SOLVED]
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 08:24:51 pm »

Memory is a fickle thing...

Yes.  Yes it is.   :-[
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)