Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Things have not gone well  (Read 8237 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Things have not gone well
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 03:31:19 pm »

...fair point
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 03:33:56 pm »

Now excuse me, I need to check the area before any of you run into somehting that would skin you second time!

Look around, try to tell anything about surrounding area.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:41:09 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 03:48:44 pm »

Processing, processing.

"Hello, reality. Why do you do this to me?"

Attempt to tap back into my powers, whatever they may be.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »

looks at us? "looks like a half-skinned puppy that is regenerating?"

By the time you say this the skin has mostly regenerated and fur is growing back fast. Little pink still, but not for many seconds. This regeneration is extremely fast.

"I'm sure I took possession of the mother dog."

Investigate the corpse of said mother dog.

Walking with four legs is a bit harder than you think it should be. Perhaps it is just because of this body is so young. Or because you have not used walking with four legs? Your stumble towards the mama dog is embarrassing waggle.

The momma dog is dead and bloody. Jaw crushed, many broken bones, pool of fresh blood surrounding her. Pitiful, really. Your nose tells a story of of pain and fear. Smell of adrenaline and excitement of... something else. Of three other beings. Is this smell of humans? Hah, how predictable. You can't tell what breed she is either, she got white and brown and gray colors all mixed up, little wild look. A mixed breed stray probably. She's bigger than you are, stronger and more dangerous too, and most importantly, dead. A dead body without soul. Inviting a new land lord to step in.

Now excuse me, I need to check the area before any of you run into somehting that would skin you second time!

Look around, try to tell anything about surrounding area.

This is a dark alley between very, very tall brick buildings. Dirty. Bags of stuff spreading impressive mix of various smells, some delicious, some disgusting. Sky far above is dark and cloudy, no signs of sun. Damp. Soundscape is full of continuous roars. It takes you few moments to remember those sounds belong to cars. Lots of cars. A big city. A name comes to mind: London. And then a description: a live region, one of the strongest. And one of most dangerous ones. What that means, you don't have the foggiest.

Processing, processing.

"Hello, reality. Why do you do this to me?"

Attempt to tap back into my powers, whatever they may be.

Your powers are what define you. You remember that. But how you can be you if you don't even remember what you can do? Few thought exercises reveals a fragment of memory; your powers are mostly passive, with act of possessing and repairing a corpse being one the very few active ones. Or rather the regeneration is a temporary side effect of possession. You know how to take over a corpse. It simple act of falling out and the falling in, quickly. What rest of the powers are, you can't find out. You don't have what it takes to manifest those. Skill, power, or something else. Whatever it is, you are missing important piece. Taken? Broken? Either way, it is gone.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 05:00:07 pm »

Remember.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 05:11:40 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 08:13:28 pm »

Can I waitlist?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 08:37:22 pm »

Concentrate really hard, and try to jump bodies into the mother dog.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 03:41:30 am »

Think about my current powers, maybe there's something more to it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 05:00:35 am »

Remember.

You do your hardest to remember, trying to evoke "muscle memory" of your powers as humans would put it, but nothing happens. Wherever you reach, it just isn't there.

Then you feel faintest tug, a tiny pull that would easily go unnoticed. You follow this sensation with your eyes and see how that other body snatcher leaves the puppy it is possessing and dives into the adult dog. Apparently you can sense when somebody uses their power. You have no memory of such ability, but then again you have no memories many other things either. Like why did you decide to possess a dog rather than something more capable, like a human.

Concentrate really hard, and try to jump bodies into the mother dog.

It doesn't take much concentration, no more than attempting to jump with physical body. The moment you jump out of the puppy a terrible sensation of fading takes over you, like you would fade out of existance in matter of seconds. The feeling tells you clearly that you cannot exist without a body very long. It also endowes you with a certainty; this sensation shouldn't be this strong. You should be able to survive without body many minutes.

With this existential threat gnawing your courage you finish your jump and dive into the corpse. Heart restarts with a jolt, torn blood veins close, wounds start healing and bones begin knitting back together. You open your eyes just in time to witness how your previous body turns to gray stone like concrete and crumbles into finest dust. Gentlest touch of wind disperses the tiny pile of dust completely, as if it never existed.

...you are not sure if that was supposed to happen.

Think about my current powers, maybe there's something more to it.

Clearly there must be more, considering how that possessed puppy turned into dust when your companion left it. You are a body snatcher, so your powers must revolve around body. That's a logical conclusion, but logic doesn't always apply on creatures of magic. For example, dwarves aren't small like story of Snow White would let you believe.

Can I waitlist?

Of that I'm not sure. If one of our body surfers stops posting then I need someone to take over. We'll see if there will be opportunity and reason to introduce another being.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 08:11:07 am »

Go out searching for other uses of power. Certainly, we cannot be alone here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 08:19:40 am »

Look for some bigger corpse to possess.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 10:31:15 am »

Try to figure out what happened and why cant i remember anything
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 01:57:00 pm »

I missed entry into this, didn't I?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 02:10:42 pm »

I missed entry into this, didn't I?
I think so mate.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7