Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 36468 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
(4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« on: June 23, 2017, 04:58:27 am »

This is the OoC/Fluff thread for Fiefdoms at War .

Please use this space for any inter-nation communication, general comments about the game and the like. The game thread is for specific game questions and turn posts.

Code: [Select]
Nation                         Player

The Barons Illustrious       : micelus
Storm Empire                 : Taricus
The Brimstone Republic       : Criptfeind
The Bannerstock Mining Guild : Sheb
The Bannerlands              : Ghazkull
Torkal League                : RulerOfNothing
The Alliance of Revakn       : Tiruin
Novatechs                    : Papaj
Pollock                      : Nirur Torir
Kingdom of the Corax         : Khan Boyzitbig
The Kingdom of Yorturim      : snow dwarf
The Principality of Pork     : Iituem
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:47:26 pm by Kashyyk »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 05:18:02 am »

This is the OoC/Fluff thread for Fiefdoms at War .

Please use this space for any inter-nation communication, general comments about the game and the like. The game thread is for specific game questions and turn posts.
First post! :3

* Tiruin shakes fist at RNG, muchly.
Also I'm really feeling like as players, we're all going to band together, so prepare for some GM/NPC fun. :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 05:48:21 am »

And here I was hoping to incite some sort of fantasy race war. Back to the drawing board I suppose :P

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 05:55:33 am »

This will make stuff easier.
The Kingdom of Yorturim officially declares to the world that it is in a defensive pact with the Kingdom of the Corax.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 06:03:54 am »

And here I was hoping to incite some sort of fantasy race war. Back to the drawing board I suppose :P
We're ALL too busy trying to conquer neutral states with far more advanced tech and people than any of us has.

Drive the Empire over us please. :P

This will make stuff easier.
The Kingdom of Yorturim officially declares to the world that it is in a defensive pact with the Kingdom of the Corax.
WELL

The Alliance of Revakn is notably obvious that it likes its neighbor, (Criptfiend's people), and its scheming other neighbor, (Iiteum's people)

Also can we have the OOC OP updated with all the players? :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 06:18:11 am »

So. Sorta as like, a psa or something. If anyones worried about secret communication, I'd suggest pms over spoilers. In my experience the honor system isn't really a thing when tempers are high... Or honestly even in general, I've seen far too many people cheat in games on bay12 when they can get away with it to not expect people to 'cheat' when it seems like more of a suggestion then a rule and it's as easy as clicking the spoiler button. So, that's why I'm not being so secretive in my responses to you Nirur Torir, because I don't care if anyone sees and even if I did care I don't think a spoiler is the way to go. I've been using a spoiler to represent the physical package of a letter in an envelope for roleplaying, not for any type of security.

Anyway, now that this is in the open. Maybe some sort of dialog can take place and people can air out their plans and stuff and we can all be happy neighbors. Remember. What's more important then fucking over our neighbors? It's working together to fuck over those god damn hoity toity fancy pants schmucks in the empire!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:21:11 am by Criptfeind »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 06:20:44 am »

We're ALL too busy trying to conquer neutral states with far more advanced tech and people than any of us has.
None of the territories I tried to conquer have units I lack the technologies for making (I ran into a Light Maceman this turn, but I could totally build them if I had access to iron or copper). What did you run into if you don't mind my asking?

EDIT: actually does anyone have long-term (i.e. more than 15 turns) plans? Obviously I'm not asking for you to reveal them but I'm just curious if anyone else has one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:22:16 am by RulerOfNothing »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 06:23:36 am »

She fought yo'solath. The god of of the moon and suicidal dreams. His horrible tentacle grip still holds parts of owldale. Managed to take out 3 spearmen before going down! So op.
EDIT: actually does anyone have long-term (i.e. more than 15 turns) plans? Obviously I'm not asking for you to reveal them but I'm just curious if anyone else has one.

It'll probably take me more then 15 turns (at least from turn 0, maybe not from turn 3) to take over the land I want. Steel is green, so that's going to be a tough nut to crack.

Otherwise in general, I want to eventually build up an alliance with the others and eventually attack the empire, once I feel I've developed enough and we've scouted out what they have.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:26:54 am by Criptfeind »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 06:25:49 am »

So. Sorta as like, a psa or something. If anyones worried about secret communication, I'd suggest pms over spoilers. In my experience the honor system isn't really a thing when tempers are high... Or honestly even in general, I've seen far too many people cheat in games on bay12 when they can get away with it to not expect people to 'cheat' when it seems like more of a suggestion then a rule and it's as easy as clicking the spoiler button. So, that's why I'm not being so secretive in my responses to you Nirur Torir, because I don't care if anyone sees and even if I did care I don't think a spoiler is the way to go. I've been using a spoiler to represent the physical package of a letter in an envelope for roleplaying, not for any type of security.
I'm non-cheating in anything I play because I just can. :P
That said, I plan to be fully peaceful (unless attacked ;~;) this whole game.

She fought yo'solath. The god of of the moon and suicidal dreams. His horrible tentacle grip still holds parts of owldale. Managed to take out 3 spearmen before going down! So op.
Also yes to this :I
This is my first game with all these, so surprise and my eagerness are killing my troops.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 06:45:54 am »

For the second time in a month the Republic was host to visitors from far away. These messengers from a country calling itself the Storm Empire were far less noteworthy to the population of the Republic however, given as they were of proper middle caste races, and Bartiro was left to hastily formulate a reply.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 07:39:54 am »

The Principality of Pork has slightly screwed itself over with its Non-Aggression Pacts and border lines, because they were drawn before I looked at the wealth map.  In order to expand, I either have to wait for my neighbour to take over a territory so I can move into it elsewhere or take on one of two full green provinces.  >_<
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 07:50:22 am »

Yes. We've had a good little laugh about that. At least you changed your actions after seeing the wealth map and didn't run your whole starting army face first into a green like some people did.

If I was you I would consider some realpolitik solutions. Possession is 9/10ths of the law after all.... Tough choice either way.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 07:58:19 am »

Or say fuck it to the local area and go overseas. Nothing a boat or two can't handle.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 08:01:56 am »

Is 1 transport enough to reduce the island hopping penalty for a whole army? Although to be honest it doesn't really matter. Probably could have island hopped to E Troud which probably would have had minimal resistance and then taken over the rest of Troud from there without the penalty.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 08:03:51 am »

A transport will reduce the penalty for as many units as it's carry capacity.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37