Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 36528 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2017, 06:09:31 am »

Also sorry Cript x.x I will pay up that 300, because it's fully my fault that I missed out. Thanks :3

You mean for diplomacy I tech? I can go edit that into my turn now, if you want this turn.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2017, 09:07:59 am »

So, who's turns are we missing for the next update? Is it too early to give em a little pm poke?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2017, 09:26:41 am »

we are missing micelus,Iituem,snow dwarf and RulerOfNothing,if im right
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2017, 09:29:41 am »

Looks like just snow dwarf and micelus. I'll PM them now.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2017, 09:47:03 am »

Micelus just posted

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 09, 2017, 03:16:22 am »

Kashyyk, does the Palace count towards the limit on Cultural buildings? Also, how difficult is researching an increase to the limit on Cultural buildings?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2017, 03:20:46 am »

The palace does count towards the limit  and like with gaining industry slots,  cultural slots are gained with Infrastructure research.

Edit for Tiruin's question:

Kashyyk, query for the OOC since I'm on bad connection: Since a player can establish a trade route between a friend of a friend [nation connected to their initial trade route], does that make that secondary trade route, a primary one for other nations afterwards?
I mean they can't connect tertiary ones from the primary, but in a few turns, secondaries can become primary ones?
Yes it does. Thus with enough time a conga line of trading partners will all end up directly trading with one another. However, a single territory may end up supporting a large number of trade routes passing through it, which will be a tempting target for bandits.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:45:44 am by Kashyyk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2017, 08:18:33 am »

If multiple trade lanes exist, do trade networks automatically adjust to disruption? IE: Say like, the trade lane between Lower Ostley and Ester is blocked by bandits or whatever, will the Baron/Pollock trade be automatically readjusted to go though the existing route that goes though the Bannerstock mining guilds, or will they lose a turn of trade income with each other as they need to manually reset trade though non blocked routes?

And, if it's not automatic, do we need to pick which route we're using? Like, when the western block starts trading with the eastern block, having to decide to trade with the Barons via Pollock or the Guild. And can readjust (without lost income presumably if there's no blockade?) freely?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:21:29 am by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2017, 08:31:23 am »

This is something I've been debating with myself. It makes logical sense for merchants to use a safer route on their own, without requiring an action from the player, but this would create a crazy web of trade routes that will kill the banditry mechanic. I could get around this by letting each particular path take an equal share of the trade so in your example, trade income would be halved as half the routes are blocked. This involves way more maths though. Finally, I could require there to be a single path between each nation and that path will only move through manual intervention of the players, but that will require me to present each individual connection in a readable way and enforces the universal rule of "merchants are stupid".

I'm debating which will provide the best interaction between realism, mechanics and my own sanity.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 09, 2017, 08:40:51 am »

Ferment war between the players so we kill each other down to a number that can be individually represented by trade lines on the map. It's the only way.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 11, 2017, 01:47:09 pm »

I've poked snow dwarf, but no response yet. He's got until tomorrow morning to post his turn, otherwise I'm auto-managing him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 11, 2017, 06:48:48 pm »

I've poked snow dwarf, but no response yet. He's got until tomorrow morning to post his turn, otherwise I'm auto-managing him.
That doesn't mean 'bowing down to Imperial rule' right? I mean surely the first turn is 'go stabilize economy or manage as per player plans', but if it continues, it doesn't mean 'Imperial rule' right? :P

Ferment war between the players so we kill each other down to a number that can be individually represented by trade lines on the map. It's the only way.
I'm betting Kashyyk has plans that'll be agreeable to us all.
Like magical demons then rumors that provoke the empire, then Imperial raids and marches or whatever-the-Empire-calls-extermination of their 'prior subordinates' since the Empire rules everyone :v
Or pirate kings and bandit lords. Etc, etc. :'(

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2017, 06:51:39 pm »

I'm looking forwards to the religious shadow wars.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2017, 06:55:31 pm »

I'm looking forwards to the religious shadow wars.
I wish I had 2k, and probably religion tech. Then I'll make stuff akin to eastern philosophies of 'you're free to follow any religion but please respect nature and other people'.
THEN nothing will go wrong other than malevolent rumors and people backstabbing me, LIKE THE EMPIRE.

But in all seriousness, what and who, or did people establish religions already?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 11, 2017, 07:01:35 pm »

I wish I had 2k, and probably religion tech. Then I'll make stuff akin to eastern philosophies of 'you're free to follow any religion but please respect nature and other people'.
I'm expecting a religious variety tech (Yes, please plant religious in my lands), techs increasing the bonuses to the religious head to encourage fighting over religious spread, inquisitors, counter-inquisitor stealth forces, there are a lot of fun possibilities.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37