Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 36410 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #390 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:12 pm »

Shadow wars? I'm looking forward to the religious open wars.

Although religion is sorta expensive. So maybe I'll be a follower. Or something. I've not decided yet...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 11, 2017, 10:01:32 pm »

Shadow wars? I'm looking forward to the religious open wars.

Although religion is sorta expensive. So maybe I'll be a follower. Or something. I've not decided yet...
FUND ME :D
Seriously. I need 2 turns to do religion, and the tech for it ._. maybe if I expand my techlines through trade. I mean, nobody is against me spreading everyo9ne's tech unless they ask right?
Because I'm aiming to publicize my tech (of course with some profit, like 10% or so, meaning ~300 monies--solely so I can advance research more x3)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2017, 02:18:24 am »

I could sell you organize religion, once trade is established. Or you could joind Syndicalism! It's half)consciously based on Confucianism after all.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2017, 02:44:26 am »

That doesn't mean 'bowing down to Imperial rule' right? I mean surely the first turn is 'go stabilize economy or manage as per player plans', but if it continues, it doesn't mean 'Imperial rule' right? :P
If he takes too long, maybe. For now I'll just play him conservatively. I'll resist doing anything stupid by doing nothing interesting.

I'm betting Kashyyk has plans that'll be agreeable to us all.
Like magical demons then rumors that provoke the empire, then Imperial raids and marches or whatever-the-Empire-calls-extermination of their 'prior subordinates' since the Empire rules everyone :v
Or pirate kings and bandit lords. Etc, etc. :'(
Hmm... *Makes notes*

I'm expecting a religious variety tech (Yes, please plant religious in my lands), techs increasing the bonuses to the religious head to encourage fighting over religious spread, inquisitors, counter-inquisitor stealth forces, there are a lot of fun possibilities.
There are all these things.

Anyway. I'm gonna start writing up the turn. See you in a few hours :P I'll leave snow dwarf 'til last, so if he posts before I finish he will probably still get in.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2017, 08:30:25 am »

Or you could joind Syndicalism!

I was considering this at least a little bit, as you might imagine my Tieflings are typically not hugely spiritual, but they can get behind a cultural movement that extols the virtues in submission to ones proper place in society. Which seems to be at least a minor theme in Syndicalism. That said, I'm not sure about the rest of it. And of course, the question at the forefront of the minds of both me and Bartrio would be "What's in it for me?"

It feels like you've left the answer to that in your description about it, however I'm somewhat leery until I see how it actually works out. Luckily I'm on the opposite side of the world from you. So there's plenty of time to get an understanding.

Lol The empire wants me to pay thousands and thousands of dollars, they're having a laugh.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:32:53 am by Criptfeind »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2017, 09:32:58 am »

Grumphfhfh

I WASTE 2k on stupid longbowmen, a bloody hero, and a tech that gives ~+6, +5, and whatever else the hero leading gives, and still lost to stupid LIGHT SWORDSMEN.
Just.
A Owldale Light Swordsmen has defeated a Alliance Longbowmen [Selina], but sustained heavy damage. [63 vs 61]
I rolled 3 sets of ~10.
Or if I misinterpreted the 3dx thing, I rolled enough to equate ~50. :v
:V
* Tiruin explodes in IC flavor.

Also I should have 300 instantly deducted from my turn as paying the IOU in trade for Cript's tech :/
Also the letters of 'mutual approval' don't seem to have passed through -.-

Should we have edited our IC posts to say 'yeah trade these techs too'?
...Can you edit it in that we've traded those techs based on the letters we've sent ._.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:39:04 am by Tiruin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2017, 09:39:28 am »

Also damn. Those wyvrens are sick yo. No wonder it took so long to defeat them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:41:26 am by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2017, 09:45:49 am »

Because the light swordsmen were on the defensive they had a higher,   modifier. If you'd been defending you would have mopped the floor with them.

Also: I only check turn posts for actions, and there was no mention of an IOU in Cript's. This way people can claim being doing one thing and actually do something else and I won't accidentally mess it up because I see them say two different things.

If you two did both want to transfer that tech, I will edit it in this one time.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2017, 09:47:15 am »

Uh. There wasn't an IOU in our agreement no. If she tried to somehow set that up without telling me, I think the deal not going though would be the accurate outcome.

To everyone else: Who researched infrastructure by the way? I'm interested in purchasing it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2017, 09:49:58 am »

((I AM ORDERED TO MAKE YOU PAY TAXES, BY PEN OR SWORD. I like living.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2017, 09:51:20 am »

Sounds like the empire is going to try to split us up and cause a war between us. I say, fuck that. We should unite against the empire, not let it split us up.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2017, 09:53:16 am »

We need some time to group up and prepare before facing them. Certainly my people do.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2017, 09:58:04 am »

The fact that they are asking compliant nations to take up the task seems to imply some current inability on their part to enforce their demands by themselves. I suspect that we're only currently dealing with a very small part of the possible imperial bureaucratic notice. They can threaten, they can cajole, but they can't enforce. At least... That'd be my guess. Presumably it'll ramp up over time.

The end game for both paths though is going to be resisting imperial absorption, killing each other off isn't going to be conducive when the empire actually wakes up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2017, 10:02:27 am »

((I AM ORDERED TO MAKE YOU PAY TAXES, BY PEN OR SWORD. I like living.))
Eeey, you too? I'll paste it here because I'm a filthy traitor going to benefit by saying yes, then being the figurehead as I backstab them :3

BUT DARNIT SOMEONE BACKSTAB ME NOW PLEASE BECAUSE I'm ruminating on my poor life choices as a leader of a nation and their military. [/rumination]

Talarys meets with whomever local leaders she can actually trust, that represents the nations she IS IN TRADE WITH so that they know of the IMPERIAL MOTIVES on a local tea party THAT IS PRETTY PRIVATE
"I'm going to say yes. But I won't join their wars. You all dislike them as much as me, right?"
Quote from: Da Lettur
“Three years ago, I visited your lands and met your people. Since then we have had a profitable, trusting relationship with one another. But, as you have so rightly pointed out, we could do more to make this relationship better. It has been noted, that unlike the Alliance of Revakne, some organisations have chosen to reject the hand of the Empire. This insubordination is not acceptable, and must be dealt with. I carry with me an contract that will allow certain Alliance sponsored merchants access to the Imperial market. The only caveat, is that the Alliance must agree to support the Empire in it's endeavours to re-civilise the world, be this through the exchange of words at table, or the exchange of arrows and blades on the battlefield. I trust that you will make the right decision, allowing the Alliance of Revakn and the Empire to flourish together.”
...I had good scribes :v

Because the light swordsmen were on the defensive they had a higher,   modifier. If you'd been defending you would have mopped the floor with them.

Also: I only check turn posts for actions, and there was no mention of an IOU in Cript's. This way people can claim being doing one thing and actually do something else and I won't accidentally mess it up because I see them say two different things.

If you two did both want to transfer that tech, I will edit it in this one time.
Yes please thanks :3
> Khan (I believe our secondary is now a primary trade route?)
> Nirur (Gonna deploy that caravan now, as it is on your area in the map)
> Cript (please deduct 300 from my monies now ._. I do believe Kashyyk can edit Khan and yours trade in), I mentioned of the IOU because that was on pay when the money rolled around.
Err, I did have Cript accept it via other methods (IRC communication) but not in editing his turn x.x oops.

Also I'm just ruminating on my poor life choices and military loss here. please pay no mind to sad Tiruin :'(
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:23:40 am by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2017, 10:11:42 am »

"You all dislike them as much as me, right?"
((For legal reasons, I'm saying nothing. I do have this handy Imperial Law Studies tech up for trade.

This trade money is nice. I could research an easy tech per turn now.))
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37