Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 36008 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #405 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:03 am »

Did i accidentally a war?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2017, 10:46:29 am »

*Chuckles from the sidelines* So it begins. As the prophecy foretold.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 12, 2017, 10:49:51 am »

For those of you that have an envoy to talk to, he is right there in front of you, so feel free to converse as much as you like with me before coming to a decision about what is to be done. If you don't have an envoy to deal with, then lucky you :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 12, 2017, 10:51:03 am »

What did you do @_@
Also could you support me in taking Owl N? I want to trade stuff to you D:<

Also @Kashyyk: Maybe replacing the colors on the map legend with numbers, and using those numbers on the minimap trade origins are better. The color coding is on the legends (Like, I get a yellowgreen 7), but the map numbers remain a stable color that is visible no matter what.

Also shouldn't my caravan have hit Nirur already? Turn 9 has it just adjacent to them. I've had no notification of its progress or if it hit them.

Also where's my response ;~;

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 12, 2017, 10:52:27 am »

What did you do @_@
Also could you support me in taking Owl N? I want to trade stuff to you D:<

Also @Kashyyk: Maybe replacing the colors on the map legend with numbers, and using those numbers on the minimap trade origins are better. The color coding is on the legends (Like, I get a yellowgreen 7), but the map numbers remain a stable color that is visible no matter what.

Also shouldn't my caravan have hit Nirur already? Turn 9 has it just adjacent to them. I've had no notification of its progress or if it hit them.

First of all,i dont have money,secound of all see my response to EMPIRIAL NPC
also edited,so i canceled giving tax money
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:35 am »

First of all,i dont have money,secound of all see my response to EMPIRIAL NPC
I haven't read anything in anyone else's spoilers :P the 'also where's my response ;~;' was to Kashyyk.
Although I think I should words words to the envoy since he's right there. But my mind is busy being both z.z and x.x
Because feelings. :-[

But if you want me to click your IC post, I think you made an edit. That at least I can see :P

Otherwise, I think everyone blatantly needs a cash injection, Kashyyk :P Unless there are those with, like, 3k+ money out there. Busy being rich \o/ But I doubt it. Butbut if there are any, I wish y'all well D:

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 12, 2017, 11:12:45 am »

I'll look into it, see if that works :)

It takes a full turn for the caravan to process, so you'll get it next turn.

I think I missed it, what are you expecting a response regarding?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2017, 11:19:24 am »

I think I missed it, what are you expecting a response regarding?
The response to the Imperial tax person. I agreed, but responded to emphasize diplomatic talks and relations, mentioning that we've a way of talking here that gets the goods. Otherwise, we also ask for minor subsidies (or at least one lump sum rather than subsidies per turn) and hinted the mention of threats that our organization is handling to ensure the Empire doesn't have to worry about. The subsidy would in turn aid us in stabilizing and improving our garrisons, so that no Imperial boots should even be sent to our lands to uphold their agreement.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2017, 11:44:10 am »

Ahh.. I'm sorry! I don't know how I noticed PaPaj's post but not yours >.<

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 12, 2017, 11:50:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:43:50 pm by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 12, 2017, 12:11:52 pm »

((It's tempting to ask for imperial garrisons. Knowing exactly where the back-stabbable garrisons are, what's in them, and keeping them separated, that's pretty valuable, especially with a tech or two to increase capture chances. Even more so for those of us who have big borders with The Empire. I think I prefer trying for lower taxes so I'll be stronger when the Great War comes, and hoping the lower taxes translates into fewer imperial troops.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 12, 2017, 12:16:18 pm »

((It's tempting to ask for imperial garrisons. Knowing exactly where the back-stabbable garrisons are, what's in them, and keeping them separated, that's pretty valuable, especially with a tech or two to increase capture chances. Even more so for those of us who have big borders with The Empire. I think I prefer trying for lower taxes so I'll be stronger when the Great War comes, and hoping the lower taxes translates into fewer imperial troops.))
I'll assume all my words are being coonveyed by trusted folks anyway so all of you know my intents.

Why I'm not going for Imperial Garrisons...is because I'll have to pay upkeep is alongside that strikethrough assumption, that it further entrenches their hold on us and their SIGHT into what we do. As far as I know, all the tax collectors can do is just fluffle by observation and can even be fooled--the Empire doesn't even support any of us who did monster hunting as far as I know by my own observations (on only myself x3), otherwise I can't see any benefit for myself other than a defense legion...but with much more grasp on their part. :/
And I can't withstand that unless I become an Imperial pet. Because I love you all more.
Really :P

I've edited my response though--anyone can view it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:18:38 pm by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 12, 2017, 12:20:47 pm »

True, but they'll probably send better auditors as our lands are worth more anyway.
Why would they send their own garrisons to support aggressive monster hunting? I'm not surprised they didn't help.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 12, 2017, 12:23:04 pm »

True, but they'll probably send better auditors as our lands are worth more anyway.
Why would they send their own garrisons to support aggressive monster hunting? I'm not surprised they didn't help.
QED in orange, for all the Empire did for 10 turns to us. :P
But yeah >_> That was the foremost idea I had in mind. Go monster hunting--get trophy--send back to Empire. PROOF. Profit?

As long as they get tax, they won't be fluffled to ask for more anyway, so yeah. I'll be sending in letters to all my trade buddies.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 12, 2017, 04:12:35 pm »

Oh hey more free money standing in front of me :P

Also, it seems my units in N Terret haven't been updated, no healing or hero recruitment at all which should be fixed. (Naming rights to you because shit that Badass garrison commander has earned the right to pick his own name.

Also HOLY SHIT the stats on wyverns. I pity the fool who has to fight more than one of those.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37