Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 36002 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #450 on: August 14, 2017, 09:55:21 am »

I'm confused are we all going to gang up on the Empire or should i start saving up to pay the taxes?

As loyal Imperial subject, the Bannerstock Guild encourage all nations to accept that the Empire, while not as powerful as it once was, remains the best hope for peace and harmony on this planet, and we urge all to pay the taxes the Imperial Treasury needs to keep our planet safe.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 14, 2017, 10:05:28 am »

I'm confused are we all going to gang up on the Empire or should i start saving up to pay the taxes?
I'm going to gang up on them :P I'm just playing with them till I get my moneys.

You see me saying 'hey dudes pay taxes', because that is pretty much legally true--if you pay, no worries. They don't even extort you anyway, and that is pretty much my belief; if we can work with the Empire, why not?
But some people disagree and probably killed their tax collector. I don't know :v They got creative. I wish I was that creative. :I
Hence me also mentioning my 'ulterior' motive, of siding with the rebellion because I want to--it doesn't stop people from actually siding with the Empire and gobbling up players though. :P But we will grump about it!

At least I will. ._. But not too grumpy though to make grudges or enmity! Just an 'aurgh, whyyy' sort of grump. It'll be much less if you provide a nice quality level of flavor, but I'm veering off the point.

You can choose to pay taxes, if it's not that much of a harm to your economy (probably gain trust, too?), or you can choose to outright go against them. I've made it public that the Alliance will HELP people going against them by saying 'nah leave it to us, we know their language better than you. Trust us [also give us money, thanks! :D]'

I think we're rushing the rebellion bits though, I doubt the Empire will mobilize everyone by Turn 11, we've got 3 turns at least before they even move anything at this rate. :P More, if they believe me.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2017, 10:09:49 am »

Also question for Kashyyk... Is it allowed to research... Something on the chain of research before you have the thing you need if you're researching that thing in your turn? Hah.... Like, for this turn if I wanted to spend some money on infrastructure II, could I also put money towards infrastructure III, hoping that infrastructure II is completed with the money I gave it? (and I guess if the first research fails to be researched the money I put into the secondary research gets... Uh. Just sits there? Or maybe gets deleted or used up to research the first one or something?)
I'm afraid not. Any money put towards research has to be on a technology you have the prerequisites for at the start of the turn.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2017, 10:31:24 am »

So, to clear up any confusion. No. Fuck the empire. To those of you that want to be an imperial pet, the empire is saying you'll have to bring us in line if you work for them? I'll take that as a sign of enmity from those that agree to do so. At least, if it's not some sorta plot to fuck the empire further. Honestly, there is gray area. But you'd better belive we're going to be on the watch out for any traitors in our midst when it comes time to take down the empire...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:33:35 am by Criptfeind »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2017, 05:11:27 pm »

We're gonna gang up on those fucking purple lardasses and give them a dead hard smack for the incredulous demands placed on us when they have given us NOTHING. So long as it stands, there can be NO peace!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2017, 10:30:20 pm »

We're gonna gang up on those fucking purple lardasses and give them a dead hard smack for the incredulous demands placed on us when they have given us NOTHING. So long as it stands, there can be NO peace!
FINALLY someone feels my earliest pain :V
And nobody helped me with that hmph
Although seriously. The only reason I'm saying 'yeah sure let's be buddies' is because I would pull a Brutus if ever they station armies at my lands.

I mean surely if I build walls, they'll just camp outside anyway (we pay upkeep but :v) and then our longbowmen will 'defend' against their attacks in our lands if ever they'll pretty much do anything.

But yeah. I sorely need the money :P
And Kashyyk has good integrity anyway c:

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 15, 2017, 12:49:13 am »

Well it was fun playing becuse now i probably will get my ass raped by the empire
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2017, 12:55:17 am »

The empire has to get there first, and that's a few turns.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2017, 01:18:30 am »

The empire has to get there first, and that's a few turns.
If you can help me secure Owldale for myself, it'll pretty much ensure that you're under my protection :3

Meaning I'll stall for time for, around ~3 turns at least? And yeah, the Empire still has to get to you.

Also trade with me :D

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2017, 04:19:50 am »

Alrighty, as this is turn requires a bit of GM interaction, I'm going to be poking people earlier so as not to delay the actual turn resolution beyond the weekend.

Still expecting turns from Ghazkull, Iituem, snow dwarf and micelus. Although Ghaz and Iituem have actually made an appearance, so they're presumably still deliberating.

I'll do some mid turn dice rolling in a bit for those who need it. Stand by.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:04:27 am by Kashyyk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 15, 2017, 07:12:32 am »

I'm not sure how worthwhile Tiruins protection is, but don't despair yet PaPaj. You're about to enter the world trade network now that you have a connection to Iituem. Though him you can enter trade with a whole bunch of other people, you're going to get a pretty huge amount of money for entering this network, which you can use to beef up your army, maybe take a few provinces, and then kill the empire and all their little dogies too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 15, 2017, 08:22:47 am »

I'm not sure how worthwhile Tiruins protection is, but don't despair yet PaPaj. You're about to enter the world trade network now that you have a connection to Iituem. Though him you can enter trade with a whole bunch of other people, you're going to get a pretty huge amount of money for entering this network, which you can use to beef up your army, maybe take a few provinces, and then kill the empire and all their little dogies too.
I'd honestly rather him help me kick Owldale into my side so that he can connect with me, to the trade network that way, instead of through Iiteum :P but whichever helps more.

...Err, and because of details I don't wish to speak about.

Alrighty, as this is turn requires a bit of GM interaction, I'm going to be poking people earlier so as not to delay the actual turn resolution beyond the weekend.

Still expecting turns from Ghazkull, Iituem, snow dwarf and micelus. Although Ghaz and Iituem have actually made an appearance, so they're presumably still deliberating.

I'll do some mid turn dice rolling in a bit for those who need it. Stand by.
GM interaction such as debating the discussion? Because I feel by the veracity of some responses, they killed your messenger or creatively did so. :P
The fun it would be to send in a spy in the envoy's stead to the Empire and have it work, though! :v

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 15, 2017, 08:27:24 am »

GM interaction such as debating the discussion? Because I feel by the veracity of some responses, they killed your messenger or creatively did so. :P
I'll let you work that one out yourself. ;)

The fun it would be to send in a spy in the envoy's stead to the Empire and have it work, though! :v
If only someone has espionage research...

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 15, 2017, 08:29:47 am »

Kashyyk, is it possible to research scrying and/or magical flying eyeballs that can scout provinces? If so, what school of magic would they fall under, and roughly how difficult would that research be?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 15, 2017, 08:33:00 am »

Spoiler: About the empire (click to show/hide)

Also frankly I might need a bit to think about this, I'll try to get a decision in if the turn starts waiting on me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:35:24 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37