Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 36486 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #510 on: August 18, 2017, 06:22:34 am »

Quite a few of the yellow regions I've taken have had walls. I think it's safe to plan that they have, at the least, walls, given that they are like 2 steps up from yellow.

By the way, about giving the empire this run around for a year, does that will they show up at the start of two turns from now, or three turns? I'm not sure if the 6 month period of this turn counts towards that or not (like, does the agreement happen at the end of this turn basically, leading too next turn empire free, the turn after that empire free, and then the empire? Or if it happens somewhere in the start of this turn, giving us next turn empire free and then empire the next turn?)

I think I mentioned it in here already, but everyone moves, then everyone fights, so if you move an army into a territory to defend it, those soldiers will get there on time.

Does this mean that one army can effectively defend three territory a turn? (at base movement speed without roads o/c) If they start in territory A, and their orders are "Defend Territory A, move to Territory B and Defend Territory B, move to Territory C and Defend Territory C" that all three territories will be defended at all points in the turn?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 18, 2017, 06:33:55 am »

By the way, about giving the empire this run around for a year, does that will they show up at the start of two turns from now, or three turns? I'm not sure if the 6 month period of this turn counts towards that or not (like, does the agreement happen at the end of this turn basically, leading too next turn empire free, the turn after that empire free, and then the empire? Or if it happens somewhere in the start of this turn, giving us next turn empire free and then empire the next turn?)
The agreement happens at some point this turn, so you will get one turn after the current one, then in the second the envoy will be back. If you asked for him to come back in six months, you'd have him again next turn.

I think I mentioned it in here already, but everyone moves, then everyone fights, so if you move an army into a territory to defend it, those soldiers will get there on time.
Does this mean that one army can effectively defend three territory a turn? (at base movement speed without roads o/c) If they start in territory A, and their orders are "Defend Territory A, move to Territory B and Defend Territory B, move to Territory C and Defend Territory C" that all three territories will be defended at all points in the turn?
You can have an army patrolling the border in this way, yes. However, as Territory A is being left this turn, it will not be under the army's protection.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 18, 2017, 10:37:28 am »

You can have an army patrolling the border in this way, yes. However, as Territory A is being left this turn, it will not be under the army's protection.

I see, interesting, can an army spend a movement point to enter a territory they are already in for the purposes of defending it? Like if you want to defend a four wide roaded border.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:39:46 am by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:20 am »

@Criptfeind: Yes,  that could be done.

Spoiler:  Answer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:57:09 am by Kashyyk »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 18, 2017, 12:11:03 pm »

Spoiler: Message to Tiruin (click to show/hide)
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 18, 2017, 12:27:34 pm »

Spoiler:  Answer (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Spoiler:  Answer 2 (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 18, 2017, 03:45:11 pm »

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk, I think I'm done editing my turn now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 18, 2017, 07:59:49 pm »

Spoiler:  Answer 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Imperial 2 (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 19, 2017, 12:14:42 pm »

Spoiler: Response (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 19, 2017, 12:21:41 pm »

Can we reasonably expect all Imperial regions to have walls? :P
I do not think any Imperial cities will use tier 1 walls.

I'm surprised that armies can patrol so well. I thought we'd need to invent and build watchtowers and roads.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 19, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »

I knew I'd forget people had the technology, so I decided to just give it to everyone.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 19, 2017, 06:35:23 pm »

Kashyyk, is it possible to fund expeditions to search for artifacts, and if so how much would they cost? Also, what happened to the walls in East Parnassus?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:51:18 pm by RulerOfNothing »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 22, 2017, 04:12:41 am »

I'm really sorry guys that I disappeared for so long but I had to go to the hospital and then fly from Europe to China the next day. I've been recovering since then. Is it ok if I pop back again for turn 11?
Really sorry again for not even saying anything.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 22, 2017, 04:15:27 am »

I'm really sorry guys that I disappeared for so long but I had to go to the hospital and then fly from Europe to China the next day. I've been recovering since then. Is it ok if I pop back again for turn 11?
YOU'RE BACK :D Glad to see you back and well \o/ Your nation is still alive and having been auto'd by Kashyyk--you'll have to confer with him about its status, but apparently he auto'd you to autotrade with the rest of us :3

I knew I'd forget people had the technology, so I decided to just give it to everyone.
Give what to everyone?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 22, 2017, 04:46:26 am »

Give what to everyone?
The ability to patrol armies around and thus protect multiple territories.

Ohey! I was wondering what had happened, glad you're okay. I was working out what to do with you, so this solves that problem. If you can get a quick turn I can get this round resolved soon :)

Kashyyk, is it possible to fund expeditions to search for artifacts, and if so how much would they cost? Also, what happened to the walls in East Parnassus?
Currently, artifacts will pop up as and when I come up with a good way to have them appear. The walls probably got lost in my slew of accounting, I'll get that fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37