Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: River Rambles, or Mes' Gender Woes Part 2: Transfeminine Boogaloo  (Read 923 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

So y'all might remember my thread from a few months back, about how I rambled how I thought I might be nonbinary and all that jazz, but it didn't really stick with me so I settled on being "male and effeminate" or "male but not masculine".

Well, these gender-shenanigans woes are back, and this time it's a much more...feminine.
Because medical/legal transitioning is not in the cards for me right now (and may never be, sadly), I'm currently in a test run sorta period of "hey let's use feminine pronouns and terminology to refer to myself with, and get a more feminine name* and all that", but unlike my previous nonbinary test run, this actually resonates with me much, much more.

I've also talked to quite a few transfolk, on here and elsewhere (*waves at Flan, spumpkin*) and joined a few trans-focused Discord servers, and even though I'm still less than a week in, I really do feel very comfortable with it so far, even though I can pretty much only be 'out' on the internet and even then only in places in which I feel comfortable doing that.
Which I know, does not invalidate my identity, but still.

* - Said name being River (or more fully, River Michaela Sobota), which many people told me is Super Cute™. ;w;

But it all feels weird since previously I wasn't even suspecting that I might be transfeminine 'at heart'. Like I wasn't super into 'girly' things when I was younger (though I was certainly not very 'boyish' either...just kinda a weak little sensitive nerd, and I still am pretty much exactly that.), but now that I've given it a shot for like 3-4 days (and don't feel absolutely repulsed by the idea - quite the opposite, even) I might just...stick with it, I guess? Even though it might be really awkward for a while because like I said, I'm not in a position where IRL transitioning is really plausible for me, and I haven't even come out to my mom or pretty much anyone around here, though I plan on telling at least my psychologist about it and see what she thinks about it.

Soo yeah, I'm relatively confident and content right now, so this is just a somewhat happy-ish rambly sorta thread more than anything with pretty much zero logical flow or structure, but I hope that there's enuogh to it that it conveys a vaguely coherent message.

Also I'm gay...Ace...Sex-repulsed...homoromantic...GIRLS.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: River Rambles, or Mes' Gender Woes Part 2: Transfeminine Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:07:18 am »

Best of luck to ya!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: River Rambles, or Mes' Gender Woes Part 2: Transfeminine Boogaloo
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 12:27:26 pm »

Good luck!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.