Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to remove aquifer from all tiles in the world?  (Read 1237 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to remove aquifer from all tiles in the world?
« on: June 24, 2017, 08:49:02 pm »

I'm currently repeatedly genning a custom world to get a very specific embark for a tech fortress with lots of water and magma. However, I have not yet found one that suits my needs. I have found that a major bottleneck in my search is aquifer -- one of my worlds has an embark that is reasonably suitable except for the aquifer. How do I remove all aquifer from a world, for this and future needs?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove aquifer from all tiles in the world?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:41:22 pm »

Well I know that DFhack has a command that removes aquifer tags from all tiles on an embark, meaning the water won't refill itself, although I don't know if that removes the water that's already there or not

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 10:49:01 am »

Nevermind, I just edited the world raws and removed [AQUIFER] tags from all stone & soil types.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:51:00 am »

Well I know that DFhack has a command that removes aquifer tags from all tiles on an embark, meaning the water won't refill itself, although I don't know if that removes the water that's already there or not
Water only appears when tiles have been mined out, so it'll prevent any new water from being created, including from tiles that haven't been mined out yet.

Nevermind, I just edited the world raws and removed [AQUIFER] tags from all stone & soil types.
Yeah, this will work. Note that it won't work in an area where you've already embarked, but it will apply to embarks after that change.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.