Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: newb makes a home in dorf hell - part 2  (Read 1696 times)

Urist mcOverusedJoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
newb makes a home in dorf hell - part 2
« on: August 10, 2021, 01:16:57 pm »

Well, I’m writing this literally on the *day* I made the previous post. This game will not give me a break. Let me dive right in, here. It might be a little short despite that, because I legitimately think too much happened to remember. Sorry in advance.
(Also I’ve been censoring any swearing in anticipation of forum rules. Is that a mistake? I’m unsure if it’s allowed at all.)

Spoiler: The Minecart Mill (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interlude I: Big Bird (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: !FUN! Event Horizon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:47:43 pm by Urist mcOverusedJoke »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: newb makes a home in dorf hell - part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 09:34:56 pm »

Just for the record, normally in a community or Let's Play showcase, you just reply to your OP with the update. Of course, it seems like you've lost the fort, so you might want to start a new one. However, you can continue a reclaim on the same world (or just savescum).

Offensive language, if it's not *abuse directed at other IRL people* as in "it happens in-character", appears to be fine on here, within limits.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist mcOverusedJoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: newb makes a home in dorf hell - part 2
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 10:39:06 pm »

Ya, I've already moved everything from now on to a single thread. Sorry about that. I'm am glad I realized before I spammed like 10 threads or something though.

I've made a new fort on the same world, continuing on. I have no idea what sort of disadvantage that puts me at, but it's seemed to at least function so far. I suppose I could have reclaimed it, but in retrospect it was pretty badly designed.