Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Mechanical Solstice Chronicle of 1x1 on crossroads  (Read 38306 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanical Solstice Chronicle of 1x1 on crossroads
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2021, 03:01:58 am »

Honored dead...Well, they can come back as ghosts for now. I'll have to make proper caskets for them, though.

Why put it off? Well....

....Two weeks ago, I did setup for putting some fire imp skins in minecart through cavein - meant for splitting them for greater yield post-reanimation.

The system for that is the following:

1. Any skins taken from butcher are put in minecart:

||

2. The plate triggers the hatch below, allowing skins to drop into reanimating area with no way back up:

||

3. From there, the alive once more skin wanders into cage traps

||

||

The cage traps are burrow-restricted to only take from inorganic cage stockpiles.

4. From here on out, the skins are put into another minecart that fires them into wall at high speed to break them apart:

||

||
The door is floating over the northern downramp, and there is another ramp under pressure plate linked to 50+ weight to accelerate cart.

||
Southern pressure plate linked to floodgate as delay, northern linked to northern floodgate and grate to allow retrival of cart, cages and skins after the latter pass through fotification.

Now, there may be some old metal cages to get rid of...

||

But what's this?

||

Testing reveals, yup:

Animal stockpile with Allow Plant/Animal permitted and Non-Plant/Animal not permitted takes no filled cages.

Animal stockpile with Allow Non-Plant/Animal & animals permitted takes all animals, regardless of what material their cage is made of!

I check whether this also occurs in 47.05, and....It doesn't. Seems Toady fixed this issue sometime in last five years.

Curses for me, though! I guess I have to sort the cages by weight or something...

I tried, for a change, engraving the floors with hidden mode....

||

Bit too bright? Removing the parts not under workshops, for now. Maybe it'd work better with engraved walls at same time.

Though there were significant compromises to the appearance of floors, anyhow...

||
This is better

Speaking of floors, noticed a small error:

||

Namely, I set image of lever on smooth floor to be overriden into ó so I could write DODÒK - but that applies to actually built lever. Have to think how to work around this one...

||
The wrens don't even run from &

Seems Arhery targets in front of bars will stop shooting - as will inactive state.

Incidentally, turns out the wren child the Wasp monster killed became historical at some point, and thus granted them a name. Two more kills to get a title for Urvad, then.

But those unrevealed traps sure do work

|| || ||
*Unwraps old plans for silk farm...but doesn't have enough fancy colours!*

Albeit the bait sometimes kills the target

||

||

The Petitions start paying off.

||

Orginally a poet, their great teaching skill and competent crossbow skill slots them in well as future crossbow team driller. Why shoot at target when you can demonstrate?

||

Hm? You've spent 2 years idling here and haven't danced once?

I guess that's my bad.

But my haulers are overburdened with sieger clothes, so with that, it's end of winter 1397 - Next year, in Hydra age, may the goblins hit the dancefloor!

Nopal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2021, 11:44:31 am »

I'd like to be dorfed as any dwarf who has to work close to that undead skin factory, please.
such a cool concept!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2021, 06:33:42 am »

Thanks!

Not sure who would be most fitting -

There's Kogan Uzoleg, our high master tanner, but they're active-duty milita captain and we have plenty of other tanners.

Tossing the skins in minecart can be done by anyone, and butchery is also widespreadly enabled.

No, for unique positions, I guess it'd have to be the mechanics who build, load and reload cage traps. The top mechanic is active-duty spearmaster, second one is expedition leader wearing too many hats at once, third is main mason, but fourth....Ah, yes, this should be fitting:

Nopal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2021, 11:47:22 am »

sick, thank you!
also, rest in peace eshtân duradaban, you brave beast :, (
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]