Finally... > Creative Projects

ASCII-based game about sailing ships.

<< < (2/13) > >>

Derpy Dev:
This looks cool. I'll probably give it a test run tomorrow, but I have one question: you said that it requires Python 2.7 and noise Caseman's library, are these likely to be just laying around on a Windows 10 computer or do I need to download them from somewhere?

hun:

--- Quote from: MoonyTheHuman on July 04, 2017, 02:27:53 am ---Me and urist mcdebian will test with on linux for you. just wait 6 hours because its 2AM.

--- End quote ---

That would be so cool. Especially, if there are any troubles, let me know if you have a clue on what's wrong.

--- Quote from: Derpy Dev on July 04, 2017, 07:01:45 pm ---This looks cool. I'll probably give it a test run tomorrow, but I have one question: you said that it requires Python 2.7 and noise Caseman's library, are these likely to be just laying around on a Windows 10 computer or do I need to download them from somewhere?

--- End quote ---
Cool, waiting for your feedback!

Just to clarify, running the game from .exe (second link, with binary) should not require anything as far as I know. 
Python and noise library are required if you want to run it from source code.

Derpy Dev:
So the only problem I'm really having so far is simple but makes it almost impossible to play: my computer does not have a pgUp or pgDown key. I cannot read through more than the first page of controls.

...I feel dumb right now. Can you copy and paste the instructions onto this thread for me?

hun:

--- Quote from: Derpy Dev on July 06, 2017, 03:58:29 pm ---So the only problem I'm really having so far is simple but makes it almost impossible to play: my computer does not have a pgUp or pgDown key. I cannot read through more than the first page of controls.

...I feel dumb right now. Can you copy and paste the instructions onto this thread for me?

--- End quote ---

Hmm, I thought of keypads not having numeric keys (they are also using for some stuff), but I didn't know that no pgUp/pgDown is possible as well.. I think I really need to consider the idea of adding keyconfig file/settings more seriously...

But these instructions are not hardcoded, check help.txt in the game folder  :D

Derpy Dev:

--- Quote from: hun on July 06, 2017, 04:06:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: Derpy Dev on July 06, 2017, 03:58:29 pm ---So the only problem I'm really having so far is simple but makes it almost impossible to play: my computer does not have a pgUp or pgDown key. I cannot read through more than the first page of controls.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, I thought of keypads not having numeric keys (they are also using for some stuff), but I didn't know that no pgUp/pgDown is possible as well.. I think I really need to consider the idea of adding keyconfig file/settings more seriously...

But these instructions are not hardcoded, check help.txt in the game folder  :D

--- End quote ---

Don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version