Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 17499 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (3rd Round: Space Nomads)
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2017, 10:40:45 am »

Name: Karlos Deepbloom
Race: Human
Dept: Recon and Exploration (we need scouts for the fleet)
Role: Explorer Captain (has some scientific and experimental aspects)
Skill: Tinkering (will modify anything and everything, whether it needs it or not. Will make odd stuff too)
Liability: Cannot retreat (Sometimes this is good, but it does mean he will fight to the death when unnecessary, he can hit and run but won't flee from the fight)
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2017, 10:56:52 am »

We lost the chance for a republic and more resources when we went spaceborne. And unless you can point out where we're going to keep all those resources along with our people while keeping our ships operational and in optimal condition, that's not going to be likely to change. Our ships are almost likely to be overcrowded and again we won't have the materials or time to work on special projects compared to keeping the ships running.

In short, we're actual nomads.

EDIT: Got ninja'd by the GM. Anyway, is there any chance that Tiruin and I could share the leadership role? She can't access bay12 right now (Talking to her on Discord)

Name: Kayetan Arkady Katsuo
-Description: With striking porcelain, shaven black hair and green eyes, all tied together in a slender build.
-Backstory: Hailing from a lower 'class' human family, Kayetan
Department: Government/Navy
Role: Fleet Admiral (AKA the guy in charge of the fleet entirely.)
Skill: Naval Command
Liabilities:
- Dictatorial: Immensely authoritative and decisive, Kayetan has little patience for politicking, debate or consensus, preferring to act immediately and swiftly. While such a mindset was highly useful as a warship captain, and indeed has kept Kayetan popular with the military, his blunt, direct and often aggressive manner has raised significant concerns within the civilian arm of government, and there are concerns about what will happen should they get sick of dealing with them.
- Bio-Conservative: A staunch opponent of Trans-sapientism, Kayetan has often criticised those that rely on cybernetic, biological (Biological implants or the like) or genetic enhancement to get ahead of their peers. Known for his harsh stance against personnel using such methods and his public calls to ban such augmentation, Kayetan is quickly becoming a public figure, much to the senate's dismay. (Medically necessary cybernetics and genetic treatments are effectively endorsed, and stated to be where the line is drawn on the subject).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:26:40 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:04 am »

I thought two inventors Max? If case and taken will be operative. If bulked inventor. Now need coffee. Had a bad night.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:54 am »

Name: Vabruc Ironside
Department: Diplomatic Corp
Role: Head
Skill: Exterior Negotiation
Liability: Freedom Fighter (Fights for the human rights of all even when it messes with the agenda of the ship)

Taricus I think my guy will hate yours.

Edit: Changed role to head.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:45:17 am by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2017, 11:01:26 am »

Isn't going to be much they can do; you start shit, I'm ending it in a permanent fashion :P

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2017, 11:32:45 am »

How long does it take us to overthrow foolish wanna-be dictators?

Also, Taricus, I thought we, as players, weren't starting all the way up the command trees?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2017, 11:35:49 am »

AFAIK the leader position of the entire thing is a player held one. I'll make changes to that if the GM says otherwise.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2017, 11:38:45 am »

Yeah because HTML said captain of each ship is in charge that way. Did d not say there was a all admiral of position so you could be dictator of us in saying we are all from one mega ship. If that the case I will feel off to another boat.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2017, 11:44:57 am »

Game hasn't even started and there's already talk of overthrowing Tauricus
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2017, 11:45:16 am »

You'd better believe it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2017, 11:45:52 am »

Likely this leadership would extend over the entire fleet, not just one ship. If the role is limited to commanding a single ship that severely restricts the freedom of the operatives to potentially have their own, smaller ships.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2017, 11:48:44 am »

Everything you just said seems mutually exclusive.

I'd imagine most operatives will either be like elite footsoldiers/underlings for player-run corporations or captains of their own vessels. I don't understand how giving ONE PERSON control over the ENTIRE FLEET (A position that doesn't exist, remember. There are individual ships in this nation as well) gives more freedom.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2017, 11:55:47 am »

Someone has to co-ordinate the entire fleet, unless you want individual ships crashing into each other. Collisions are something a fleet has to work to avoid.

And I doubt the Chubby2man wants to have to book-keep for each and every individual organisation, so likely the entirety of the organisation is the fleet and the various companies and the like are controlled by operatives.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (Accepting Characters)
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2017, 12:00:41 pm »

Well if a hard hand keeps the fleet alive. So be it. Will make operative soon since school entity's got taken.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (Accepting Characters)
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2017, 12:07:21 pm »

Fleet Admiral would have command over the combat dedicated portion of the navy. However that doesn't give him the power to micromanage PCs.  I'm reserving the president of the nation for myself for now. Giving a cursory glance over everyone's sheets, it's looking good. If want one of the "limited" jobs such as inventor, just sign up for it and I'll figure out how best to fit everyone in :)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27