Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 17233 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (2nd Round of Votes)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 11:05:51 am »

1. D (See below suggestion)
2. A3

-1 Vote: B (If it has to be special, well, anti-vote the leading vote for B. I do *NOT* want to be a merchant. I REALLY do want to legally hunt suckers down and kill/capture them. It would be a LOT of fun. Plus I have a Star Wars "The Bounty Hunter's Guild Guide" book with all sorts of fun different ways to hunt down fools. Who doesn't want to be a Jedi version of Boba Fett?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:45:02 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 11:12:48 am »

1. C2. Because pirates!
2. A1. It also seems interesting.

-1: B. Merchandising could be interesting, but not as interesting as C2 and A1.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 11:28:08 am »

Either A1, B2 or C1 works for me.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 11:30:16 am »

Come on, bounty hunters is like mercenaries or private army, except every single Operative is more powerful and almost infinitely deadlier. Because bounty hunter. Also who says bounty hunters can't be a private army once in a while? You never know, the target might just have an army of his own...
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 11:41:07 am »

+1 B3
+1 C1

-1 A
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 11:42:53 am »

A1/2 are both looking great to me, whatever lets me amass a massive pile of guns, really! Maaaybe favoring 2 a bit more.

-1 to B in general, from me.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 11:46:18 am »

Aw come on. A3 gets you, personally, a large pile of guns.

Also, gets us, in general, a medium-sized pile of really powerful specialized guns. Also, I think A3 opens the door to more variety than any of the others. I mean, what can't you find in a bounty? But seriously, what do you do as an infantry/mercenary company? Get in this petty despot's wars, then that petty despot's revolt, etc.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 12:00:14 pm »

Here's my idea: a three-branched group, one being a relatively normal merchant company, the second being an information-brokering branch that evolved out of the original branch, and a recently-bought mercenary corp.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 12:06:21 pm »

Actually, I really like the idea of branches.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 12:09:51 pm »

Actually, I really like the idea of branches.

+1 to the branches idea
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 12:42:29 pm »

Here's my idea: a three-branched group, one being a relatively normal merchant company, the second being an information-brokering branch that evolved out of the original branch, and a recently-bought mercenary corp.

That's a cool idea! It would provide a lot of options, and we can decide on what the branches are exactly as well. Only thing is that it may grow a bit unwieldy, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

We will keep votes going for several more hours, and your vote still matters!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 12:44:47 pm »

So, option, what would it be, D?
D: Start as some form of corporation, and add branches as you go along.

So I'll change my vote.
+1 Option D
+1 A3
-1 Anything To Do With Branch B

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 12:53:09 pm »

The Mobile Corporation

A venerable corporation heralding its days since before the invention of the warp drive, the corporation (name decided to be later) has evolved several time over its illustrious career, ending with what essentially amounts to a battle barge witha massive fabricator. It has seen better days, as most of its rooms are empty and barren, and the corporate council mostly gone, but  the fact that it can move around, has endless space for expansions and laready has both a death squad, loyal lackey brigade, and ample external mounts for cargo containers makes the ship the optimal barge for the maruding corporation on the GI GO.

(D)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:25:43 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 01:28:41 pm »

Hmmm... more guns, bigger guns, or better guns? This is tough!

Thinking this Glass guy has a point, changing it to D as my #1 priority with A1 as my #2 for now. B still gets a big -1 from me.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 02:23:43 pm »

Only reason no to bounty hunters is the cliche factor in it. But willing to work with it. Option d (branches) sounds interesting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27