Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 17230 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (Accepting Characters)
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2017, 12:11:30 pm »

Anyway, is there any chance that Tiruin and I could share the leadership role? She can't access bay12 right now (Talking to her on Discord)

And how many skills would I have access to? I kinda need two for the job >.>
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2017, 12:12:24 pm »

Name: Mekor Gumo
Race: Space dwarf.
Personal story: A grateful ciziten of Randai as his tribe were nomads, a people who lost their world due to an unstable core. Now using his skills to be handy for the fleet.
Skill: Engineering. He makes stuff that lasts on a monocelluar level.

Liability: Can get obsessed with a project and hard to stray off research trees.

Appearance: 5'3 broad and thick. Owears a life support exoskeleton.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:23:43 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2017, 12:14:39 pm »

I get the impression you have autocorrect problems.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2017, 12:20:32 pm »

iPhone and autocorrect and it's even more bugged than normal

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2017, 12:29:12 pm »

Monocellular stability? Interesting.

I must ask your autocorrecting IPhone, since when did steel I-beams have cells?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2017, 12:31:48 pm »

Monocellular stability? Interesting.

I must ask your autocorrecting IPhone, since when did steel I-beams have cells?
...what?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2017, 12:34:19 pm »

Tyrant's screwy autocorrect has him being capable of "Making things that last on a monocellular level"...as in, making them last on the single-cell level. However, he's an engineer....and thus works with steel, not organisms. Unless he's going to biotech, in which case YAY! more types of technology to work with.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2017, 12:36:26 pm »

Ah. Missed that part.
Probably meant "molecular"...

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2017, 01:08:50 pm »

I hate my autocorrect. And I am going to expand my tech proweress. I decided to go Dwarf. Dwarfs make great d lasting stuff. Not like we pick fields of science for speciality. I got biotech,England needing, weapons, and she me propulsion in mind.

Just focus on making our stuff as durable as possible.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:12:03 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2017, 01:10:00 pm »

You may want to hate your autocorrect more...and fix that last sentence or two, because it's a mess.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2017, 02:28:01 pm »

Why does England need biotech? ???

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2017, 09:47:56 pm »

Sorry, was away for a bit and did the last few updates over the phone. I'm very pleased with everyone's characters, each one being pretty unique. And you guys ran away with the liabilities, I had intended for you to pick a skill that you were poor at, but the way you all did them is far more interesting!

Glass: The Dragon inventor. Your character looks great! I'm a bit intrigued by the skill, there will probably be a downside to it such as making it difficult to make normal people understand how to actually use it. Liability is great as well!

Madman: The Human Mad Inventor. Looks good! I think your skill is good, perhaps providing a bonus to military-related inventions. Liability offers... interesting possibilities for an evil GM, I do think :P

Tyrant: The Space Dwarf (Jordt?) Inventor. Looks cool! I like the personal story. So to clarify, your character is very good at making very very precise fittings and fabrications? Sounds like a great skill for an inventor. Liability is also interesting, I could see some potential side effects from that.

So all inventors, I think it would be best to fit you in the Randiri Department of Scientific Advancement. Each inventor would be able to pursue his own line of research. If you want to elect a head scientist you can, but it won't be required at the moment. Though someone might be needed to organize and collect all of the notes and advancements the mad scientists leave all over the place :P

Khan: The Human Explorer. Awesome! I think this character works really well as a member of a Nomad Fleet. Skill seems slightly unrelated to the role of Captain, though I could see it being very useful in certain situations. Liability could be dangerous and interesting for a hit and run Captain :P

Taricus: The Fleet Admiral. Looks like a very strong character! As the Fleet Admiral of the Navy, you possess a lot of power, but also some more restrictions along with that. Like the duty to obey the president and stuff like that :P Skillwise, it is more picking what you are really gifted at, rather than competent at. So my wild shot in the dark would be that you want both the Captain skill and the Fleet Command skill. Your character can perform both well, but is really gifted in one or the other. Your Liability is awesome as well.

Tir: What do you mean by sharing the leadership role? I think the best way to do it would be to have your character as either a second in command, or you could both be an admirals, but of different task forces. If you had different ideas just let me know.

Tntey: Human Diplomat. Brownie points for using my suggestions! Overall looks like a very strong character. And you liability will definitely cause some butting of heads among the characters! Very good!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2017, 10:04:44 pm »

Hey, you mentioned a race of aliens called the Jordt. I decided to make that the name for the dwarf guys. I had the renames edited in for my fleet population stats... (including the elves now being the Tarn)

And yes, science department is a go.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:06:41 pm by Glass »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2017, 10:14:47 pm »

Thank you. Take the skills what you would. As one could make a research tree in multiple subjects that cross paths. The liability thing is a roll must be made to decide if he decides to stay on same tech applications/field or Can will self to do something new. As for backdrop made that band of jordt akin to Tolkien dwarfs. Those guys had no home land so we're nomads.  Just these guys are sci fi cyborg dwarves. My clan anyway.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:17:12 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2017, 08:43:16 am »

Looking better.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27