Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 17480 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)
« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2017, 05:34:20 am »

So I asked on the discord chat but as I'm part and under the Navy as the Quartermaster; may I ask for my acquisition ship as a Cruiser/Frigate (whichever is more affordable) with a focus on speed, and anti-sensors/armored/shielded characteristics--minus any weaponry? Planning for it to be a troop transport focus, to house all our operatives too, or to soak up fire as I cruise with the militant branch of our folks. If I should simplify it, just ramp up sensors to that of a civilian sensor ship, and engines to the same, but size being bigger to hold more people, and armor/shielding being the last priority.

Also, discussing what's going on--this is a great time for us to BOARD and CAPTURE pirate ships :3
However I can only do Quartermaster things once the Leaders assign targets for whichever...which haven't happened yet, it seems.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2017, 07:00:49 am »

...-10 XD

Mind if, instead of it being "this is for doing it", we just agree that all the tinkering and prototyping are going to be "side missions" for it up until I've got at least a modifier of 0?

I'll come up with different concentrations of wire and placements of crystals for each one. The original mesh is just evenly distributed, with one crystal at the shoulder.
I'm going to need to get more of those before I'm done.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:17:45 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 01, 2017, 07:31:47 am »

Hey, I thought the NR would have some stealth ships.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2017, 08:34:23 am »

So I asked on the discord chat but as I'm part and under the Navy as the Quartermaster; may I ask for my acquisition ship as a Cruiser/Frigate (whichever is more affordable) with a focus on speed, and anti-sensors/armored/shielded characteristics--minus any weaponry? Planning for it to be a troop transport focus, to house all our operatives too, or to soak up fire as I cruise with the militant branch of our folks. If I should simplify it, just ramp up sensors to that of a civilian sensor ship, and engines to the same, but size being bigger to hold more people, and armor/shielding being the last priority.

Also, discussing what's going on--this is a great time for us to BOARD and CAPTURE pirate ships :3
However I can only do Quartermaster things once the Leaders assign targets for whichever...which haven't happened yet, it seems.

Yes you can, I'd say it'd be a large frigate at 300m. Though an armed and armored freighter would probably also be good for your role as well.

Glass+ all researchers: Yes to your question. You can do 2 experiments per turn, so I'll give you a roll to see how well the first went. 1-2 is a failure, but gives you +1 die to next experiment. 3-5 gives you +1, 6 gives +2.

I'm going to say that each researcher can only have one project at a time, but if you want to set this aside for the moment you decide to work on a different project. You can help someone else with their experiments if you want to however,  just say that you assist them in the IC thread.

In your character sheets, please include another area for your inventions and their current modifier if they are still in progress. That help everybody keep track of what we invented and what we are working on.

SM: The Raiders are small, so they are harder to detect and if someone isn't looking for them they can sneak up on targets. But if you want  true stealth, ask your scientist!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 01, 2017, 09:37:59 am »

Alright, so how about these for experiments:

Investigate Materials: This plan relies on directing large numbers of electrons across large spaces. Using the dwindling stocks of metals and semiconductors in the cargo vessel's holds, figure out which one(s) have the properties I need.

Attempt small-scale version of the technology: A really short-ranged handgun-sized weapon. Preferably capable of leaving someone twitching on the ground for about a minute. Namely, long enough for a Night Raider to tie and gag them.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2017, 12:31:12 pm »

Given my position as the Quartermaster and what seems to be a very...err, space-y niche in between my role and my tasks, I've wondered if it was possible for me to create 'boosts' for our operatives/scientists/otherwise :3

Like, I can see that one turn in the IC thread regarding people's different things to do, and it came to me that having certain boosts (like +1 to boarding for one action, or mix and match like +1/-1) would be something possible.

I'd also love to upgrade my ship to be a very quick, very survivable ship. :P But that's for after everyone gets their upgrades and all (meaning probably never) :P

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2017, 02:58:16 pm »

Hmm yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me. Like I said, it's really up to you how in depth you decide you want to go with it.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2017, 09:13:15 pm »

The role of shape-shifting spy has been filled so I'll apply to be the smuggler.

Name:Tav Kelleran
Race:Human
Department:The Diplomatic Corps
Role:Operative
Skill:Charm, bribery, and intimidation "Trade"
Liability:Memorable
Tav is skilled at convincing people to do what he wants(e.g. not bothering to search that crate of "perfectly legal spare parts") He uses this and other methods to expedite the transport of personnel and cargo that would otherwise be delayed at customs.

Ship:The Starfarer
Class:Smuggler Courier
A small fast ship capable of rough field landings. It is configured to carry small high value cargoes or a few passengers.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:18:05 pm by Sudurandom »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 02, 2017, 09:15:13 pm »

"Courier" and https://discord.gg/vtkfxFE in case you want to join our Discord and haven't yet.

Welcome to the game.

I hope you can work with a fascist admiral who can't tolerate any other characters, a scientist who's fond of high explosives and overdoing things, another scientist who's work nobody understands, a shapeshifting superspy who occasionally turns bioluminescent on missions, or an incredibly noisy android on a special forces team.

Everyone's great! You'll fit right in!

Please don't die in the first two turns
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:17:27 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 02, 2017, 09:21:44 pm »

"Courier" and https://discord.gg/vtkfxFE in case you want to join our Discord and haven't yet.

Welcome to the game.

I hope you can work with a fascist admiral who can't tolerate any other characters, a scientist who's fond of high explosives and overdoing things, another scientist who's work nobody understands, a shapeshifting superspy who occasionally turns bioluminescent on missions, or an incredibly noisy android on a special forces team.

Everyone's great! You'll fit right in!

Please don't die in the first two turns

Thanks, too much trust in spellcheck.

I'll try not to die until turn three.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 02, 2017, 09:28:51 pm »

That's fine.

We need meatshields and cannon fodder, and turn three should be just about right for our first combat action.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 03, 2017, 08:23:47 am »

Sudo, are you Han Solo?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #372 on: July 03, 2017, 08:33:14 am »

my sheet, from the discord

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2017, 09:07:28 am »

The role of shape-shifting spy has been filled so I'll apply to be the smuggler.

Tav is skilled at convincing people to do what he wants(e.g. not bothering to search that crate of "perfectly legal spare parts") He uses this and other methods to expedite the transport of personnel and cargo that would otherwise be delayed at customs.

A small fast ship capable of rough field landings. It is configured to carry small high value cargoes or a few passengers.

Sudurandom: The Human Smuggler. Character looks good, you're in! Nice smuggler character, you'll do well in the diplomatic corps!

my sheet, from the discord

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Andrew Anderson: The Gruff Jordt Scientist. Cool! Welcome to the team!

You guys can jump in next turn!

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2017, 04:57:48 pm »

Sudo, are you Han Solo?
He was my main inspiration. I'll even admit for a second I thought about using the name Olos Nah.

Sudurandom: The Human Smuggler. Character looks good, you're in! Nice smuggler character, you'll do well in the diplomatic corps!

Thanks.

IC: Hey boss, I finally got that thruster working so when you have a job for me the Starfarer wil be ready.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27