Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Outer Colony  (Read 66587 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Outer Colony
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2020, 12:05:30 pm »

Nice to see an update. And I have to say, I'm always impressed when someone can handle both a day job and a side project like this for an extended period of time. A lot of projects with promise get abandoned, so kudos for the dedication!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2020, 12:39:51 pm »

That pond is just beautiful.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2020, 07:45:32 pm »

this is looking like a fun game, thank you for continuing development.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2020, 03:58:04 pm »

I'm still lurking !

VoyagerGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Lover of Dwarf Fortress, developer of Outer Colony
    • View Profile
    • Outer Colony's Website
« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:14 pm »

And I have to say, I'm always impressed when someone can handle both a day job and a side project like this for an extended period of time. A lot of projects with promise get abandoned, so kudos for the dedication!
Thanks, man. I've been working on this for so long...I probably shouldn't say out loud when the first, primordial lines of code were written. At this point, it's more a source of embarrassment than pride. There's just no other good way at present to fund the operation than by consulting during the week, so that's the way forward.

When I can find time, I'll have to post a general state-of-the-project update. I just had to focus on emailing the artists and integrating new assets over the weekend, and I didn't have time to post a proper reply here. I wanted to make that demo video for procedural item sprites as well, but my girlfriend got sick, I had to take her to the Minute Clinic, and there just weren't enough hours for everything.

this is looking like a fun game, thank you for continuing development.
Blood Librarian, good to hear from you! Honestly, it's people's kind words and the sort of support I've gotten here that keep me going. I really hope that some day, people other than me can have a lot of fun with this.

That pond is just beautiful.
Hugely appreciated! The water effects, simple as they are, are some of my favorite visuals in the game. I'm excited to showcase the improved weather effects when they come out, too. Sometimes, if I'm just hanging out on my computer, I'll open a window of Outer Colony on my second monitor and let the nature just hang out on screen. It's kinda' relaxing, just watching the day night cycle, watching the weather change, watching the seasons shift, watching animals and birds and stuff roam around, living their virtual lives. Maybe it's like a screensaver? I don't know, maybe it's weird to say, but I like it.

I'm still lurking !
Tchey! Every time you post here, man, it reminds me that somebody hasn't forgotten it. I'll do my best not to let you down. When I release next, maybe we can play a multiplayer world together if I host a server. That'd be really, really satisfying for me.

Sorry again for no new video with this reply, but I'll try my best next weekend. Thanks for hanging with me, guys.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2020, 02:15:00 pm »

I'm lurking too occasionally to see what comes of this. I bet there are more people like me who are interested in the project, but waiting for a bit more developed version before diving in. So yay, you already got future player base too, in addition to the present one. ;)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2020, 01:22:19 pm »

Yeah I'm lurking and keeping an eye on this too.

VoyagerGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Outer Colony's Website
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2020, 07:18:25 pm »

I finally got around to capturing and posting the procedural item sprite video. I'm sorry I sound a little gnarly in this video (especially at the start), but I'm working through a minor head cold.

If anything's unclear or if you guys have any questions about this, feel free to ask! As always, big thanks for watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONnXRl970Cw&feature=youtu.be

And thanks to the lurkers for posting. It's good to know that people are hanging around and keeping an eye things. The good news is that all the gameplay is already in place - everything that was built into the last release, before the isometric overhaul, is still there. All that's really changing at present are the visuals. Hopefully, when that wraps up, we should be able to pick right up where we left off, with all the features, single player / multiplayer, and everything else the previous release had in place.

mazarus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2020, 08:13:15 pm »

Man, I was just about to come in here and post the video link when I saw it appear on my phone. Glad to see production is still chugging along, and sorry to hear about the head cold. Best Wishes man

VoyagerGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Outer Colony's Website
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2020, 08:59:25 pm »

Man, I was just about to come in here and post the video link when I saw it appear on my phone. Glad to see production is still chugging along, and sorry to hear about the head cold. Best Wishes man
Mazarus!!

Dude, DM me when you can - we've got to catch up a bit. I've got to iron my work clothes and crash, but let's talk as soon as possible. I hope you're doing great, man.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2020, 10:23:35 pm »

Those sprites look great! Very cool to see how modular they are :D

VoyagerGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Outer Colony's Website
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2020, 10:58:11 pm »

Those sprites look great! Very cool to see how modular they are :D
Thanks, man! All credit to the art side of the house. I'm going to point the project's pixel artist to this thread, and I'm sure your post will make him smile. I know a ton of time and effort has gone in from his side, and I think he's producing fantastic looking sprites.

I think you're going to like the humans.  :D

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2020, 04:05:33 am »

That's a lot of sprites and customization, great for any colony builders !

Also, why comments are disabled on Youtube ?

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2020, 06:37:57 pm »

Hey, great to see development is still going strong! :)
The iso graphics look incredible and I LOVE the detail when it comes to items like in the video.

Keep up the great work. I'm really looking forward to start an iso colony! :)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 10, 2020, 08:10:23 pm »

Main UI gives me some feel of gnomoria and its a good thing for me!. Really hope you push it to completion because im hooked :). Good luck! Also i subbed to your channel now so i dont miss anything :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22