Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to mod creatures to add to your civ  (Read 970 times)

joffree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to mod creatures to add to your civ
« on: June 26, 2017, 12:15:23 am »

I have captured a few titans and dieties and want to know what all i have to mod in the raws to be able to add them to my civilization

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to mod creatures to add to your civ
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:14:48 pm »

Titans are randomly generated creatures created at worldgen, so they don't have any raws.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:00:46 am »

Titans are randomly generated creatures created at worldgen, so they don't have any raws.
Not strictly true - they do have raws, but they're stored inside world.dat/world.sav (and you can extract them using special tools).

I'm still curious to know exactly how the original poster managed to capture a deity...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 10:49:05 am »

I'm still curious to know exactly how the original poster managed to capture a deity...
I'd assume it's a clown impersonator who's part of a neighboring civ.

In theory DFhack could be used to make this work, but there are enough stages that I don't really have the knowledge of how to achieve it.
  • The first stage is simply adding it to your civilisation, which I think "tweak makeown" might be able to accomplish. There's probably a script out there somewhere if it can't...
  • ... but since they're considered megabeasts/semimegabeasts, any civilian is hardcoded to attack/run away from them, so you'd have to remove the appropriate tokens from that creatures raw file (accessible via DFhack)...
  • ... but since they've most likely inflicted some horrific atrocities in the past (what with them being megabeasts) civilians are still likely to attack/run away from them because they're considered an enemy of the civilisation. In order to fix that there's probably some editing to history/entity links or somesuch to be done...
  • ... and then there's any unexpected things that might crop up from it...
tl;dr: It's possible but probably not easily achievable :P