Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monotheism script  (Read 4875 times)

fortunawhisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Monotheism script
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:54:03 pm »

A script to reduce the deities each dwarf worships down to one or set a single deity and preferred worship level across all dwarves. I had several dwarves that followed multiple gods, this script was made to fix the stress problems associated with unmet needs there. Script records the first god in the relationship and needs lists, removes all deities and their associated need,  then re-inserts the recorded deity and associated need.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Monotheism script
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 12:04:58 pm »

sounds good, needs more info on how to use.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

fortunawhisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 10:22:57 pm »

Dwarves tend to worship multiple deities. This tends to lead to extra stress for unsatisfied worship need(s), because they tend to only pray to a single deity consistently. This script has two modes: Called without parameters, it reduces the number of deity relationships/needs to one for all citizens. Or you can specify a specific deity and relationship/worship level, if you want to see how a fort full of fanatical dwarves plays out. On exactly how to use the script, from the help section:
Code: [Select]
    Examples:
        Default:
        monotheism

Override:
        monotheism -deity 102 -level 4

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 06:25:21 am »

so only entering "monotheism" into the console will execute in standard mode, while i got no idea what the parameters would do.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

fortunawhisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:19:36 pm »

From the help message:

arguments:
    -help
        print this help message

-verbose
        prints debug data to the dfhack console. Default is false

-deity
         Expects the unit id of the deity to use

-level
         Expects an integer value. 1=ardent, 2=faithful, 3=normal, 4=casual, and 5=dubious

If your next question is "How do I find out what the deity unit id should be?", PatrikLundell has an excellent script for listing deity info.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169626.msg7706526#msg7706526

Here's my own take on that. It also comes with -help and and an example.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another example. I list the deities, run the mono script in default, check the results, then change everyone over to laltur.
[DFHack]# deity_list
19 total worshippers for Laltur(93) - Ardent: 1; Faithful:7; Normal:11; Casual:0; Dubious:0
[DFHack]# monotheism
[DFHack]# deity_list
9 total worshippers for Laltur(93) - Ardent: 0; Faithful:4; Normal:5; Casual:0; Dubious:0
[DFHack]# monotheism -deity 93 -level 3
[DFHack]# deity_list
90 total worshippers for Laltur(93) - Ardent: 0; Faithful:0; Normal:90; Casual:0; Dubious:0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:37:37 pm by fortunawhisk »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 01:56:02 am »

oh, that indent after -verbose in the helpmessage made it look as if it were a subparameter :D
if you remove that, it should be self-explanatory. maybe i'm an AI without knowing.... i feel dumb now :D

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 09:54:27 am »

This has some potential because script-heavy mods like masterwork could do interesting things with it, still a pleasant addition eitherway for DFhack vanilla because dwarves really are sometimes too zealous to do anything useful.

• Imagine needing to build a workshop to organise your religion by activating this or a variation of the meta-script, a bit like the great-library from the masterwork pack booting you back out to legends mode

lonewined

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 07:23:59 pm »

Any plans to update this script for the Steam version?

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 08:48:42 pm »

Yes, especially since religion proliferation comes up as a complaint so often. Tracking bug here: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/3989