Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Biome Manipulator, a world gen/pre embark biome region manipulation tool  (Read 54064 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There were two bugs in the morphing, so I must have changed to script without testing it again at some point. I've fixed the issue with selecting an entry in the list, but the behavior when typing something is not fixed.
As far as I can see currently, there's either something wrong with the DFHack widgets, or I have to supply something to it for typing to work. In both cases, I expect every showListPrompt usage to spew errors (and return the first item in the list, regardless of what was typed (it behaves the same for adding clusters, at least). I need to investigate that further.

In the mean time, I've updated the script so list selection works.

Edit: It was indeed a case of an incorrect usage of the widget, which was quite easily fixed once identified. There were three cases of this (add inclusing and nest were the two others). That issue has now been fixed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:27:35 am by PatrikLundell »

Gooblin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a fast fix! Thanks a ton.
And sorry about double posting, I wasn't sure where it was best to post but I'll be not to do it in the future.
Thanks again.

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

awesome script, im generally a noob user and trying to weed out fliers/versmins to squeeze in more FPS. wonder what kind of magic higher tier players can do. spawning a river out of thin air is still challenging, but the other options were fun.

sorry if its been discussed before, any plans on subregion/biome manipulator? you know the F1 keys during regional embarks. id imagine something similar to the layer switcher l key.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:
sorry if its been discussed before, any plans on subregion/biome manipulator? you know the F1 keys during regional embarks. id imagine something similar to the layer switcher l key.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but it sounds like it might be what the Region Manipulator deals with. There you can change which surrounding world tile's each mid level tile belongs to. It can be noted that those hacks are transitory, as DF reverts to what the RNG seeds generate if you change the focus to a different world tile, and that's the reason there are two different scripts: one for the world that makes permanent changes, and one for the local level, where changes are kept only if embarking without changing the focus.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Biome Manipulator, a world gen/pre embark biome region manipulation tool
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2018, 09:10:12 am »

Is there a guide for the river editing iam not able to create a new river that can be seen in local map asweel before embarking

apparently its not possible to reroute a river over a tile that had no river b4 also cant create new rivers on tiles without river in river edit they are shown, but they are not on the map
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:27:31 am by Durian Hohlades »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2018, 12:36:16 pm »

Is there a guide for the river editing iam not able to create a new river that can be seen in local map asweel before embarking

apparently its not possible to reroute a river over a tile that had no river b4 also cant create new rivers on tiles without river in river edit they are shown, but they are not on the map
No, there's no guide for anything...

I don't recognize the issues reported. However, I would make sure to change the focus (i.e. the world tile DF views) to a different tile and then back, as the mid level map info (the 16*16 tiles inside the world tile) is generated as the world tile comes into focus (and is discarded when the focus is changed). To make sure, I'd also make sure to exit and reenter the "feature shell", which is the 16*16 world tile area the world tile belongs to, as that removes and recreates information as well. Newly generated mid level tiles should take modified river info into consideration.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2018, 01:40:56 pm »

Okay i will try that, i was just curious because in the river editing section from manipulator everything seems correctly set, all infos update on the tiles that already had a river, but only the local tile without any river did not show what should be there regarding to river edit.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2018, 04:29:18 am »

I do believe I did change focus back and forth when testing out the river manipulation functionality, and I think I didn't have to exit the feature shell (i.e. I just moved the focus one tile away and then back again).

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2019, 10:07:50 pm »

I couldn't find the file in your github scripts repository (link from the first post).  Got it from dropbox so no problem there, but you might want to check/update the link?

Looking forward to the wondrous manipulations that await me.  8)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2019, 02:26:13 am »

Thanks feelotraveller. The link pointed at the "master" branch, not mine with my scripts on it. I've changed the link to point to the page with the script itself (and I hope you'll enjoy messing around with it).

Blucher

• Bay Watcher
  • Had a fine beer lately.
    • View Profile

This tool is fantastic!  It's one of those things that I didn't even know I wanted until I checked it out.  Thank you for sharing it.  (I'm using it to get rid of the anthropomorphic XYZ Men from my game -- a pet peeve of mine.)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Blucher: Glad you like it. In your case I'd probably remove the animal people from the raws so they're not generated in your worlds in the first place, though.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2019, 12:59:36 pm »

Has anyone tested using this to set the weather to 'reanimating'?

I've done this a few times, and I never seem to get the undead animals you normally get from reanimating biomes. I'm unsure if I've just been super unlucky and every time I pick a 'reanimating' weather, it's for a cavern layer or something.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2019, 04:43:05 am »

I'm not aware of any current bugs in reanimation manipulation (which isn't any proof there aren't any, of course). There was a bug a while back (fixed in version 0.33, according to my earlier post in this thread, while the current version being 0.36 [the version number is found on one of the help screens]).

The reanimation functionality works throughout the biome, i.e. it reanimates both the surface and the caverns below, both following the surface biome boundaries. Thralling works through evil clouds, which exist on the surface only. Note, however, that you have to make sure you embark in the modified biome, as world tiles often have parts of multiple biomes in them.

My main test is to embark, slaughter an animal, and see if its hide/hair reanimates, so I haven't taken much notice of wild animals.

I'm not aware of anything particular that can be done/is necessary to get reanimated animals, but there are unidentified fields all over the place in DF, so it wouldn't be impossible for this to be something that's not mapped (e.g. the nearby boolean fields unk_1e5 and unk_1e6, but they can be "true" when the region is neither evil nor reanimating, so they're probably not candidates. Other possibilities would be unidentified flags in the region map entries [where most of the world tile data resides]).
I haven't tried to correlate the Dead Percentage field to appearance of reanimated animals either, only to the amount of dead vegetation.

Short answer: The reanimating "weather" has been correlated with reanimation of slain creatures, with little to no notice taken to undead wildlife, although the assumption has been that both are controlled by the same field. If that's incorrect, further research is needed (or there's an unknown bug lurking in the script).

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2019, 01:11:10 pm »

Possible bug:
On the World Map Edit page of the biome manipulator, using the (b) Biome command, the following commands don't seem to work:

p = SWAMP_TEMPERATE_FRESHWATER
n = MARSH_TEMPERATE_FRESHWATER

Each produces the error: The Biome specification has to be one of the character [sic] depicting a biome (see Help)

It is still possible to get to these biomes by manually altering the necessary stats. For example, I was able to turn a Temperate Freshwater Swamp into a Temperate Freshwater Marsh by reducing the Rainfall setting appropriately.

I was also able to turn a Sandy Desert into a Temperate Freshwater Swamp by first turning it into a Temperate Saltwater Swamp with (b) Biome, then setting the Salinity to 0.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12