Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Underhive Chaos Cult [Warhammer 40k SG][1st Edition][Bad End]  (Read 5521 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underhive Chaos Cult, (Warhammer 40k SG)
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 11:50:10 am »

You take an instant to assess the situation; the leader is clearly the most dangerous, if you killed him, the rest might run. You raise your steel knife and quiet as a mouse, run upon the gangers!

Spoiler:  Rolls (click to show/hide)

You lunge like a dancing shadow, and a half-second later, your blade is drenched in blood. The ganger's knees buckle, and before the others know what hit them, you've got his shotgun in hand.

The chain ganger takes a shell's worth of buckshot to the back and falls like a sack of rocks, the machete ganger stares gape mouthed in the instant before you blow his face through his skull. Five seconds, three gangers, you're feeling pretty good about yourself, and the gun-stock in your hands feels even better. For a second, you feel Tzeentch's eye upon you, and know that your Master approves.

+3 Favor

The runaway slaves stare at you, then the corpses, and then back at you. A teary-eyed older man speaks, "By da Emprah! If 't wasn't fer ye, we woulda been shackled n' in chains! I-I canna' thank ye enough! Bless ye, bless ye! By Emprah's beard, wh-who are ye???"

How do you respond?

A.) "Just an Underhiver trying to do some good." (Increased reputation)
B.) "A Disciple of the Bringer of Hope." (Mid-difficulty conversion roll)
C.) "No-one important." (Run away instead)
D.) You say something else, (Write-In)

Spoiler:  Gwynana (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:08:23 pm by Ardent Debater »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 12:06:45 pm »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 12:30:52 pm »

B

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 12:36:03 pm »

Obviously, B
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 12:42:41 pm »

A
Will make our eventually reveal more dramatic.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 12:51:49 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 02:22:23 pm »

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 03:28:35 pm »

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 04:02:02 pm »

(A)

We were not brought up to convince with the truth. For now build our reputation so when it comes time to change hearts from the corpse god to the bringer of hope our reputation will speak for us.

Bonus points if we throw a throne gelt or two at them and tell them to come find us when they're stronger and ready to do some good to.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 08:10:06 pm »

You reply, simply stating, "A Disciple of the Bringer of Hope." The old man nods and says, "Bringer of Hope? Tha's a name fer the Emprah I haven't yet heard." You shake your head, "Old man, I don't speak of the Emperor, I worship the Truth of Tzeentch!" The old man's eyes narrow and he looks at you with a new sense of caution, "T-tzeentch? I can't say I've heard o' dat saint!" You shake your head once more, giving a warm yet patronizing smile, "Old man, you don't understand, let me explain..."

Over the next hour, you eloquently explain the Truth of The One, you tell of the revelation Tzeentch granted you, of the Corpse-Emperor's lies, and slowly reveal each layer of the Imperium's foundation of falsehood. You tell of the fires of Change, Ambition, and True Hope Tzeentch brings to any and all who would submit themselves before His Truth and worship Him, and as you speak, you see a curiosity arise in the eyes of those listening. The old man argues with you, at first with vehement passion, but as time goes on, shakier and shakier, as you rationally undercut and logically dismember the fundamental core of his faith, piece by piece.

Finally, the old man's devotion is broken, his piety in the Corpse-Emperor, gone. He collapses, weeping, and the crowd blankly stares at you, shocked by your impassioned rhetoric and impeccable reason. The old man raises his cracked and wavering voice, almost shouting "If da Emprah is false, da whole o' humanity's lost! N' if da whole o' humanity's lost, den dere ain't no point, n' i's all meaningless!" You look upon the old man and retort,

"You are correct, in the whole of the physical world, there is no meaning. I utter the Truth when I say, that all you've ever known, all you've ever been told, are nothing but falsehoods and clever lies, designed to ensnare your mind, and enslave you to the will of a gilded tyrant! Despite this, there is Hope. The Bringer of Hope, The Speaker of Truth, The Lord of All, Known and Unknown, Tzeentch Himself, has sent me to free you from your chains, and show you The Path, that you might follow It and be fulfilled!"

The old man, every tenet of his faith undone, asks, "H-how do I follow Tzeentch?" You respond with a soft and caring voice, "All you must do, is announce your devotion to Him, submit before Him, and dedicate the rest of your life to undoing the edifice of lies that is the Imperium, and slaying the Corpse-Emperor, that all of mankind might finally be free! Upon your demise, an eternal reward will await you."

Without a word, the old man kneels his head in prayer, and the rest of the crowd follows suit. For almost a minute as they pray, you can feel His Presence come over you, your Mark burns with fiery intensity, and you collapse, writhing on the ground as your very soul is torn open! When the pain ends, you feel awake, and you can sense the world beyond yourself. If you focus, you can bare witness the space between, and you can almost feel the ever-changing, ever-flowing current of reality itself! In time, with much piety and diligent study, you might learn to influence the current, and bend reality itself in accordance to your will! When their prayer has passed, the crowds stands, invigorated with a new faith. A new man raises his voice, asking you, "Mistress Gwynana, what'd ye have us do?"

+7 Favor!

+Spark of Sorcery!

+7 Devoted Cultists, +2 Devoted Child Cultists!

You have brought many to the Truth, and Tzeentch has rewarded you accordingly! Your flock requires guidance, what do you command of them?

A.) "Follow me, and by Tzeentch, I will provide for you." (Gain 9 followers; will have to shelter and feed them)
B.) "Go to Nint, integrate yourselves there, and teach them the ways of Tzeentch." (Cult will move to Nint; low chance of conversion, low chance of discovery)
C.) "Go to Nint, integrate yourselves there, and await further instructions." (Cult will move to Nint; no chance of conversion, very low chance of discovery)
D.) You say something else instead, (Write-In)

Spoiler:  Gwynana (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:53:41 am by Ardent Debater »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2017, 09:56:21 pm »

A

Let's control them more directly for now.  We could knock over one of the richer gangs for cash, or take over a drug trade or something and try to set up a shelter for people.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 11:30:47 pm »

C. Let them lie low, when we're stronger and have more resources we'll come for them and really start recruiting. We CANNOT be discovered as cultists at this stage. A single whisper to the wrong person will get our ass Inquisition'd.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 11:33:06 pm »

C, NRDL explained it perfectly.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2017, 11:35:34 pm »

A single heretic is hardly worth the inquisition's time, at least one of our stature. And I doubt anyone down here is going to go running face-first into an arbitrator's shock maul in regards to heresy.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2017, 11:46:44 pm »

Cults are viruses. The Inquisition is going to exterminatus this planet with the same level of attention a person would give to disinfecting their hands after going to the bathroom.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7