Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drakes  (Read 2640 times)

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Drakes
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:45:41 am »

So ive gotten quite a few of the large buggers and i can shear them as humans and dwarves, It says their scales are bronze grade armor. Do i need to do something further for it? Also id suggest they be put into kobolds pets :P

Zlorthishen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Drakes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:02:54 am »

i usually bring a few drakes to my human fort as well, but they don't seem to shear.  i might have to recheck this...

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:19:49 am »

the scales will shear and it works in the same way that leather does... the initial scales just get turned into leather nearly instantly at any tanner.  they can be made into higher grade scaleplate also.  Their is 2 kinds of drakes... drakes the lizard and drake a male duck...  the lizard is way more expensive in embark or at a trade depot.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 05:06:52 pm »

the scales will shear and it works in the same way that leather does... the initial scales just get turned into leather nearly instantly at any tanner.  they can be made into higher grade scaleplate also.  Their is 2 kinds of drakes... drakes the lizard and drake a male duck...  the lizard is way more expensive in embark or at a trade depot.

Yeah i have the large ones, and surprignly they breed quickly >.> started with 2 and now i have over i think 10?
Sheared them and will be working on making a tanning guild to start utilizing it has hard leather armor and stuff > : )