Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 56919 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I feel for you. That sounds painful.

And I know that you can boost the likelihood of Swords Dance to 50%. It's just that in my very first run I had White Mage, Red Mage, Bard and Dancer as my line-up. Which meant that most battles devolved into playing Romeo's Ballad and hoping that Swords Dance activated more often then not. Red Mage was rather helpful but White didn't have any damaging spells at that point and... Yeah. Those slow, slow battles definitely lowered my opinion of Dancer by several notches.

Thanks for the tips though. I definitely appreciate them. Before you know it I'll be at the Water Crystal and bitching about what I got from that. :v

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh right. One thing i forgot. Hit up tycoon castle as soon as you get your hiryuu.  Heal staff plus katana plus whip plus bell gives you pretty potent back row power with a massive attack up front from the katana.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure why I was so worried about getting to the Water Crystal as Freelancers. I did it before as White Mages, and they didn't get heavy armour or weapons worth a damn. So crunching through the canal, ship graveyard and so on was a breeze. Took barely any damage and had the healing rod to fix what I did take, even from bosses and the like. Except then I learned that my next job was Ninja, which meant that I had to trek to the Fire Crystal as a Freelancer too. This went just as easy as the run up to the Water Crystal, thankfully, and I had stocked up with more than enough ice rods to get through Living Flame and the race through the castle. Thus unlocking... Bard. :v

Oh, and the real kicker is that the fourth job I unlocked is goddamn Red Mage. A job which is only good for unlocking Doublecast to use with better types of magic. At least I'm running #fifthjob so that I can replace it with something else when I get far enough in the game but who knows how long that'll take?

In summary, this is almost exactly the same as my very first run. Except it went White Mage, Red Mage, Bard and Dancer instead of Dancer, Ninja, Bard, Red Mage and something I still need to unlock. Basically swapping good healing for good damage, though I'm honestly not sure how good the trade off is in this case.

Nobody is going to tell on me if I cheat a little and decide whether it's worth grinding out Doublecast on (almost) everyone after unlocking said fifth job, right? I don't want to go through all of that effort just to end up with Knight or Thief or something which can't use it. Not like I can have Red Magic and Doublecast on the same person, you know?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doublecast automatically gives you access to all red3 spells. Its not hugely useful, but decent healing. However, that is a beastly party. Dual wield dances, with a chicken knife and something else nasty, maybe man eater? Plus chicken knife is going to get even more power from speed song, as its the only knife that takes AGI into account. As for #fifthjob, you'll pick that up around end of world two, which probably shouldn't take too long. Blast through everything with dual wield dances, throw, rod breaking.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Honestly I think that Ninja is the lynchpin of this party. Dancer is a pretty inconsistent damage dealer, Red Mage is kinda poor until you get Doublecast, and Bard is either the absolute best or completely useless with little inbetween. But Ninja? Ninja give Dancers the ability to dual-wield weapons to be even more deadly (though no less inconsistent), and lets my Red Mages and Bards use the Throw command. Apparently the scrolls are super powerful but are wimpy due to the Ninja's low Magic Power. While Red Mage and Bard have good better Magic Power but not much to use it with.

I'm thinking that breaking rods might not even be needed, honestly. Throwing elemental scrolls everywhere should be just as nice and probably a little less tedious.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ninjas get water element instead of ice, which is an important thing to keep in mind. Slightly more important is that i think rods boost scroll damage. You are right. Ninjas get a gaggle of useful skills even ignoring dual wield. Smoke, self blink, throw, all powerful at certain times. With dual wield, they're definitely top tier of classes that make things almost too easy.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just started a run, although I'm going to roll the dice for job selections as I get crystals. Don't care quite enough to make a twitter for it.

First job is monk, which will be interesting, at least.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I just picked up my last job. Started with Mime. Water netted me Ninja. Alright this is already looking fun. Third job, Mystic Knight. A bit extreme in the slashity dept, but ok. Final job, Knight. It would appear that my mime will be dual wield excalibur and chicken knife, spamming flare strikes on everything that moves.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So. It turns out that my fifth job was Summoner.

I am okay with this. Admittedly my tankiest job is Ninja so every boss battle turns into a damage race. But I have a dual-wielding Dancer, shuriken throwing Ninja and magic spamming Summoner to help me win it. And a Bard to provide moral support. From what I've heard I can probably gank Omega easily though I have no idea about Shinryu. Just something to wait on and see once I get far enough, I guess.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So. It turns out that my fifth job was Summoner.

I am okay with this. Admittedly my tankiest job is Ninja so every boss battle turns into a damage race. But I have a dual-wielding Dancer, shuriken throwing Ninja and magic spamming Summoner to help me win it. And a Bard to provide moral support. From what I've heard I can probably gank Omega easily though I have no idea about Shinryu. Just something to wait on and see once I get far enough, I guess.
Slap !summon on the ninja, and his magic scrolls will become very powerful. Shinryu is possible with a power staff to berserk him, and then just keep golem up and whale away. Omega is possible as the bards love song\Romeo ballad works 100% accuracy on omega. The stop status doesn't last long, but three bards stopping while one sings the speed song will get it so only one bard or two maybe needs to stop song.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was going to slap !Summon on the Ninja. It's, like, twice the Magic Power you get from Double Cast. Absolutely silly.

And I didn't know that the power staff inflicted Berserk. Probably because FFV is tight-lipped about what items do or do not do. Still. Sounds like a plan to me.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]