Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 43279 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 02:48:54 pm »

Platoon:
Designation: Hat001
Class: Grunt
inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 06:34:31 pm »

Platoon: 2
Designation: sev001
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 06:56:58 pm »

Platoon: 1
Designation: OS001
Class: I'm a Grunt, I have no class.
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute

So...what class would everyone want to be? I'm looking at technician. I mean, my designation initials are OS. I sort of have to.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 07:44:10 pm »

I'd either like to be a soldier or a driver. Don't really know.

Avanti!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 08:01:33 pm »

I'm thinking of going up as a Slug Shooter or as the standard NCO that does not wear a helmet. Perhaps a medic if noone hits it.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 09:24:59 pm »

The klaxons sound. the alarm light flashes, a brilliant yellow strobe. The call goes out, and your sergeants begin barking orders.

All Grunts to Launch Decks Alpha through Delta. All Grunts to Launch Decks Alpha through Delta. All Grunts to Launch Decks Alpha through Delta. All Grunts to Launch Decks Alpha through Delta. All Grunts to Lau...

"You lot! Launch bay Gamma, on the hustle movemovemovemovemove!"

the grunt bay is pandemonium as helmets are tightened, backpacks are snatched, gum is pocketed with loving care, and the many, many nearly identical faces and bodies flash back and forth across your vision. You are pushed, yelled at, ordered around, and generally treated like the cannon fodder you are. For the glory of the Empire.

Just another day in the life ... but a good day, as this means a mission is about to begin. They are sending you out, to fight!

"It's a Space battle today, gang. Boarding parties! Gonna raid 'em and raid 'em hard! Take teh objectives. If you can control the ship, they'll be out of the battle. if not, do some damage!"

You arrive in Launch Bay Gamma and are hustled into Darts 1, 2 and 3 - five Grunts to a Dart. Five Grunts to a Dart! Get in! Buckle up! FerFucksake buckle up! It could sav- you there! getcher head outta your ass and pick a Dart! You're holding up the line. This ain't no picnic! We got work to do!"
You have no idea what a picnic is. You have no idea what a dart is, or why they named these ships after them. Must be pointy things, anyway, as the front half of the Darts are long, conical spears that end in a surprisingly sharp spike. Several hatches are outlined in red paint and explosive bolts in that section as well. The back end of the dart is a bulb, with room for exactly five grunts arranged in a circle. The Darts are docked, point end down, along dozens of metal walkways. You climb in the back and sit in one of the five seats, feet dangling toward the outside of the pod and heads resting against  the headrests in the center. There is a compartment below your seat for your backpack, and a rack between the seats for your weapons.

"Sit down, buckle up, and secure your shit! Launch in ten minutes. be ready in two"

A few notes:
as in the original, death by drop pod is normal, so don't get too upset about it.
I'll give instructions at the bottom of turns for the following turn, so Look at the bottom of the turns for instructions

Example: if you die on the drop pod this round, you will respawn in the pod bay, to be dropped in  another pod.
Very Important!post your character sheet with each action so I know what you have, please.
Additionally: secure your shit! this is your 'action before your death roll. If you don't explicitly secure your shit, I will assume you didn't, to hilarious effect!
finally: five grunts per pod, and that will be your platoon for the duration, or until otherwise stated. If one pod is overloaded, the Sergeants will forcibly relocate some of you to balance it out. You'll know which pod you end up on.

one last thing: you jokers who don't take the character sheet seriously - "I'm not dead yet " == maimed, and " Aching for the Reunion Round." ==minor wound. so tidy those up, you jokers :P also, everyone has one unit of artificial imitation chewing resin substitute. all other gum-like substances will be considered contraband! if caught with it, beware the wrath of the Officers!

mmm ... questions?

Good! Get going!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 09:28:49 pm »

Dart 1. Sit, buckle up, pray to Khorne. Nothing can go bad, right?

Designation: Rak001
Inventory: Helmet, Laser carbine, Backpack and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 09:30:03 pm »

Dart 1: All gear secured and ready for drop, Sergeant!
(Stow weapon on rack, backpack in compartment, sit, buckle restraints, all that fun stuff)
((And don't forget to kiss your ass goodbye.))

Spoiler: CharSheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:37:24 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 09:39:10 pm »

Get into dart 1 strap myself in and kiss my ass goodbye

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:12:56 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 09:41:18 pm »

((Should all of dart 1 be platoon 1, dart 2 platoon 2, etc?))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 09:42:11 pm »

Dart 1! Secure my belongings, then secure Sarrak's belongings! Then sit, buckle up, and be ready for launch! Also, remind myself what a klaxon is.

Also, why are you threatening us for inappropriate comments in char sheets with wounds? If anything, some of us want to die off at first, to get tier 1 classes.

Designation: OS001
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 09:58:33 pm »

Dart 1. Buckle Up, lead the dart in singing a song about beautiful women and soldiers who actually survive battle.

Designation: Pork001
Inventor: Helmet, Carbine, Backpack, Artificial Gum-Like Substance. Ham Sandwhich is in Grunt-Class Lunchbox
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »

((Dart 1 is now full! Can we launch early? :P))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:03:27 pm by milo christiansen »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 10:17:51 pm »

((Dart 1 is now full! Can we launch early? :P))
Please no
I dont want to have all the anti boarders fire hitting us
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 10:33:24 pm »

Dart 3. Bucke up, kiss ass good bye.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD001
Status: Minor Wound(Ached for a reunion Round), Otherwise healthy.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a picture of mama vat.

Question, did my armor absorb that minor wound?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:03:37 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29