Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 43732 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2017, 08:28:05 pm »

Join Platoon 2 (I'll bail you out! I'm an expert at getting shot, getting clobbered, getting stabbed, and getting killed by objects normally thought to be completely not dangerous!)
Shoot any Other Guys. In the head. Because that's the only worthwhile place to shoot them.

Spoiler: MAD001 (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2017, 08:30:02 pm »

Attemp to punch more guys again.
Spoiler: Rand001 (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2017, 08:45:26 pm »

Try to drag my way to the others and grab BlD002's stuff
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2017, 09:45:34 pm »

Scream loudly, and act like I'm throwing a grenade at the enemy troops!

Platoon: 3
Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine

Avanti!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2017, 05:19:16 am »

"I've found another way through! Everyone follow me!"

Lead the way! Bask in the limelight! Hope more than one person follows, or this'll be embarrassing! Also thank heavens officers for the low gravity, which should make this trek easier.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)

Back down the hall, and go as far along the alternate route as possible.

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2017, 06:11:09 am »

Lead the way! Bask in the limelight! Hope more than one person follows, or this'll be embarrassing! Also thank heavens officers for the low gravity, which should make this trek easier.

Follow along cursing OS002 ready to shoot any Other Guystm that get in our way

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2017, 09:25:56 am »

So...nothing happened to the door on a 5. At least find out what did happen to the door, and how close I was to a hole, in case I ever have the, err, opportunity, to do it again. Then follow Hat003 along the alternate route, being ready to fire upon any Other GuysTM that find and attack us. Oh yeah, apologize to squad mated, mainly Rak and KHH, but still to the whole squad here.

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2017, 10:29:19 am »

Enter pod, secure shit, Get in there and put on Rebreather.

Designation: BLD003
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2017, 02:19:02 pm »

Continue firing! Pray for Space Raptor Jesus to guide my blasts.
Quickly rejoin the rest of Platoon 2, blast any of the Other Guys I see.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL002
Inventory: Helmet, laser gun, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Shoot a guy.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, lascarbine, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
Join Platoon 2 (I'll bail you out! I'm an expert at getting shot, getting clobbered, getting stabbed, and getting killed by objects normally thought to be completely not dangerous!)
Shoot any Other Guys. In the head. Because that's the only worthwhile place to shoot them.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2017, 12:31:37 am »

Get several looted carbines. Strap them into one entity using resin and follow Hat003, ready to shoot my weapon of wonder at any enemy foolish enough to show up.

So...nothing happened to the door on a 5. At least find out what did happen to the door, and how close I was to a hole, in case I ever have the, err, opportunity, to do it again. Then follow Hat003 along the alternate route, being ready to fire upon any Other GuysTM that find and attack us. Oh yeah, apologize to squad mated, mainly Rak and KHH, but still to the whole squad here.

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2017, 05:05:16 am »

Get several looted carbines. Strap them into one entity using resin and follow Hat003, ready to shoot my weapon of wonder at any enemy foolish enough to show up.

((Quick question do our lazer guns have recoil?))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2017, 05:12:01 am »

Who the hell cares? I think they do, but overheating problem is more important.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2017, 05:34:26 am »

Who the hell cares? I think they do, but overheating problem is more important.
(Because this is going to be really funny when he fires that if they do)
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2017, 05:23:43 pm »

[/quote]lasers fire coherent beams of light. Recoil generally comes from the explosive force of a tiny little bomb that throws some kind of heavy metal thingum in one direction and the gun in the other.

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1

(2) You manage to jam one of the laser carbines with the artificial imitation chewing resin substitute. You lose one AIRCRS. You lose one Laser Carbine. Seriously, that resin is really stuck in there good.

Well, you go inspect hte blast door to see how much damage your antipersonnel weapon did to it. None. They are specifically hardened against a) lasers being fired at them, b)explosive blasts (hence the name), and c) the sound of Sergeants facepalming in embarrassment. A really good arc welder could get through, given enough time, but nothing you carry has a chance.

Hey, looks like people are following you. you get CP: I'm dah leader 1/5

off you go

along you go

Platoon 1 Death roll
alright, first, i'm going to roll to see how and when you encounter The Other Guys, or if you encounter some of our very own instead. 5 means you encounter Someone On Our  Side Who Is In Charge. 4, you encounter some of our guys. 3, you find a fire fight, 2 you find a squad of The Other Guys and y'all begin shooting at each other. 1, since you are all prepared to shoot if you find The Other guys just means ... hmm. THey have a tactical advantage, like a barricade of desks or some shit. , well, let's see... ah! I got it. Heh heh.

(2)You head down the hall, down the stairs, along the hall and through the blast door. You enter some kind of briefing room and there are The Other Guys on the other side of it! (3) there are as many of them as there are of you.
Okay, so now I am going to have you all shoot at them (+1 attack for being prepared), and then them shoot at you.
(1)(1)(4)(2)(3) So, one of them goes down in the initial volley, leaving four of them. Credit for the kill goes to Hat!
(6)(6)(2)(5) One of you is Maimed! time to roll to see who: (1)Rak is maimed.

Platoon 2

Continue firing! Pray for Space Raptor Jesus to guide my blasts.
(2) Space Raptor Jesus answers your prayer! He says "no." You miss, and are both ecstatic and sad at the same time.

Quickly rejoin the rest of Platoon 2, blast any of the Other Guys I see.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL002
Inventory: Helmet, laser gun, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
(6) You kill a guy! Your Laser Carbine makes an ominous overload sound.

Shoot a guy.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, lascarbine, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
(5) You kill a guy! Looks like you guys are gaining ground.

(4) You shoot a guy in the shoulder. His arm falls off. He picks it up.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
I'll roll to see if reinforcements come, or if the remaining Other Guys break and retreat, since you've killed two and maimed one this round
(1) reinforcements arrive! There are (3) as many of them as their are of you. No one dies this round though.

Platoon 3

"Continue walking towards the enemy while shooting and remember fear is for civilians a cloned soldier like you has no need of it.

(2) you miss, but you keep from passing out in terror or pissing yourself in embarrassment.

Attemp to punch more guys again.
Spoiler: Rand001 (click to show/hide)
(2) no lcuk. Nobody wants to be punched by you. This makes you angry.

Try to drag my way to the others and grab BlD002's stuff
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
(6) alright, you haul ass over to BLD002 and lift his corpse bodily over your head. "Life is Shit!" you scream at The Other Guys.

Scream loudly, and act like I'm throwing a grenade at the enemy troops!

Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine

Bluff eh? Nice! (3) it works, a little. One of The other Guys takes cover! No death roll for you.

Enter pod, secure shit, Get in there and put on Rebreather.

Designation: BLD003
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.

all rebreathered up and ready to rumble.

Platoon 3 Death Rolls
(3)(6)(6)(2)
Zii is wounded again, changing his serious wound int oa maiming. As a result he does not tick up his eye of the storm CP
BLD003 slips on ... well, let's not dwell on the nasty details, but he bangs his head and is Disoriented for 1 turn. This means your next action will have a -1 to success.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:Respawn with your platoons. We'll assume several darts connected with the ship in  the same area, so just jump right in.
Newbies, pick a platoon and post your action in that color, as if you are with that group already.

Platoon 1Combat is initiated once more! THere's only four of them, so clear them out before reinforcements arrive
Platoon 2You've been reinforced and managed to whittle The Other Guys' platoon down. unfortunately, reinforcements of their own arrive. You've bought some time, though, and your turn counter is removed.
Platoon 3Well, at least you aren't drowning in shit anymore.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2017, 05:30:59 pm »

Charge! Fire my carbine at the Other Guystm, then dive into cover as near to the center of the room as possible

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29