Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 43728 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2017, 04:24:31 pm »

Respawn, buckled in and gear stowed, wonder what happens if I wasn't buckled in.

If I get to act immediately or something, saw off my laser Carbine so that it is fit for close quarters combat

Do I get to choose a class or what should I do? I reached 4 deaths, I wanna know what happens when I reach 5 deaths.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD005
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:35:25 am by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2017, 05:19:25 pm »

Whatever happened to "Using my awesome stability from firing prone"? Anyway, catch up and set up for stable shooting next turn.
Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2017, 07:27:32 pm »

"Haha, you guys are fucked now! You're screwed! What, was that your only trick? Come on guys, prove me wrong!"

Yell at the engineers cause I can't jump the barrier without a leg and I can't shoot them without a gun. Gimme all the death rolls.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2017, 10:25:43 pm »

Zone back in, and be ready to protect the intel. Find/have solid cover, and shoot whatever enemies he'll get closest. Pray that my soul can carry the intel to the Officers Above (us in rank), if that's allowable in our beliefs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Start crawling to wherever I am suppose to go.

Spoiler: Mar001 (click to show/hide)
Head twords whatever looks most likely to have lots of Other Guys™ to shoot.

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)
"Doors down! Great plunder awaits us, boys!"
Inspire others, then enjoy hack&slash RPG from first person.

Spoiler: Spess Viking (click to show/hide)
Stand up amazed by my luck and run to the explosion as there are sure to other guys to fight and make the most of my newfound luck. Shoot any other guys I see.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:28:09 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2017, 12:06:01 pm »

Stick with the Soldiers and Demo guys and provide them with any assistance they need.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)

Zone back in, and be ready to protect the intel. Find/have solid cover, and shoot whatever enemies he'll get closest. Pray that my soul can carry the intel to the Officers Above (us in rank), if that's allowable in our beliefs.

Stand up amazed by my luck and run to the explosion as there are sure to other guys to fight and make the most of my newfound luck. Shoot any other guys I see.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2017, 08:24:55 am »

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: main deck, supply,

Platoon 1

Stick with the Soldiers and Demo guys and provide them with any assistance they need.

The Soldiers ("Squad Gamma" one of them informs you) stand, look down teh hallway for a minute to appreciate the carnage, and then turn and walk away. You follow. "Heading to Entry Point Beta." Whatever that is.

Were you still in the briefing room? I think that's where we left you. You sit down at a desk and place your lasercarbine on it. (5) oh look! Candy! You Loot the Desk, coming up with someone's snack stash, including a few Civilian Grade Beverages. The sweetest contraband!

(5) you crawl down the tunnel to the hole and climb up out. The hole was well positioned in cover to the side of the room. You see the Main Blast Doors, pulstating angrily in the red flashing alarm lights, but looking solid and gloriously defiant. To your left is another set of Blast doors, with a manual override panel to the side. hte guys who sent you in gave you directions for use: smash glass, turn handle counterclockwise. You must cover about ten feet of open room to get to that panel. there is a similar one on the opposite side of the room, much further away.

you join up with the soldiers and Hat as they head to entry point beta. "Get ready for some shooting. Probably."

(4) you run up to the rather unharmed blast doors. Well, as close as you can get, which is about twenty feet across a big gap. the explosion blew open a chunk of the station about four and a half decks deep - two down and a deck and a half up. the blast doors are part of a larger structure that spans that height, receding back below and above like a blocky sphere. Looking up, you can see some of the same material exposed on the ceiling far above - blast proof ceiling to prevent exposure ot space, probably. anyway, you turn and run back and follow the rest of the group toward mayhem and slaughter.

(1) you plant one foot on the toilet floor. That traitorous foot gives way and you end up falling into the shower and banging your head. you groan a bit, and a bottle of shampoo falls on you.

Platoon 1 Death roll
The eye of the storm fellows, this turn is a lot of nothing, following an earth shattering kaboom and followed by ?

Platoon 2

Keep moving forward, carefully.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL003
Inventory: Laser Rifle, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
You press your nose right up against the barrier and check to make sure your helmet is on properly. it is. (seriously though, you are already there, at the barrier behind which are the Enemy Engineers. (4) keeping a low profile, the EE do not notice you yet. teh guy to your left, screaming like a fool, on the other hand ...

Respawn, and get to a place where I can shoot The Other Guystm without the floor deciding it'd rather not carry me.
(3) You come up to the corner. Ahead, the hallway is a bit mangled and you cannot quite find a decent sniping spot. Gonna have to carefully navigate the rubble, looks like.

Whatever happened to "Using my awesome stability from firing prone"? Anyway, catch up and set up for stable shooting next turn.
Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
It didn't work. ah the vagaries of war.
(1) you run up next toZr002 and stop. "What are you waiting for?" you ask. "Let's go!" and you step out into the hallway and immediately fall through the floor into the rubble below. It's dark down here, lit only from above.

"Haha, you guys are fucked now! You're screwed! What, was that your only trick? Come on guys, prove me wrong!"

Yell at the engineers cause I can't jump the barrier without a leg and I can't shoot them without a gun. Gimme all the death rolls.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
(2) You yell a bit. It's ... well, it's not really impressive.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
(6)(1)(5)(2)
Oce is shot from behind the barrier, and the guy in the rubble is maimed by some sharp bit of metal or other.
you other two end the round with prime firing positions after all - one at teh corner, and the other right up by the barrier.

Platoon 3

Take Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute and backpack from the dead guy, leave my gun so I have less stuff on me and use both backpacks to loot and carry as much as possible. Search the cargo and take as much as I can carry using 2 backpacks. Focus on better armor and melee weapons.
Spoiler: Rand002 (click to show/hide)
you take the backpack and the Artificial Imitation Chewing Resin Substitute. A Grunt's Ransom in loot already!
(2) you find dried biscuit rations. Crates and crates of Dried Biscuit Rations. They're hard as a rock and last twice as long!

loot remaining dead guy stuff, Grab his weapon and strap his helmet onto my helmet and duelwield las carbines. like its wolfenstein.
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine,  backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
you get two shots at -2 atack roll for dual weilding. Your dual helmet gives you a -1 against navigating hallways and doorways. If you succede in doing any real damge to the enemy, without shooting your temamates in the process, you'll get a CP for assault gunner.

try to be professional get out of the dart and check for the others guys looting can happen once the area is secure.

(2) you manage not to fall on your ace getting out of the Dart, but your teammates are making a lot of noise and in general getting in your way, so you don't really get much scouting done.

Respawn, buckled in and gear stowed, wonder what happens if I wasn't buckled in.

If I get to act immediately or something, saw off my laser Carbine so that it is fit for close quarters combat

Do I get to choose a class or what should I do? I reached 4 deaths, I wanna know what happens when I reach 5 deaths.

Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
you have nothing to use to saw off your laser carbine. Doing so would render it useless anyway. You can have a laser pistol though. When you get ot five deaths, choose one of the tier one classes if you like, and post with that information. That clas will be unlocked for you, and another will unlock at the end of the battle.

Platoon Lootinstein30k Death Rolls
(5) you remain unobserved, surrounded by the blandest field rations ever invented.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:spawn with your platoon, and good hunting!
newbies, pick a platoon, spawn in wherever they are, and use that platoon's color for your posts.

Platoon 1Assist the battle for the Command DeckTM
Platoon 2I mean, they've kinda shot their wad already, probably. just get in there and kill some stuff. maybe even the Whole Space Station?
Platoon 3Welcome to Loot town! the fabled Cargo Holds! a Grunt's utopia.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:12:53 am by Ozarck »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2017, 10:37:16 am »

Cut my left hand off, cauterize it with the laser gun, and then sharpen the protruding bone points to a fine point perfect for stabbing.  look around for any arm sized laser cannons as well.

MAKE SURE TO POCKET THE HAND FOR LATER!

Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:43:47 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2017, 10:41:38 am »

Follow squad gamma, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot.

Spoiler: MC003 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2017, 10:54:52 am »

Take biscuits, search for something sharp or blunt to use as a weapon.
Chew both Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitutes AT THE SAME TIME!

Spoiler: Rand002 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:36:13 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2017, 12:23:39 pm »

Keep shooting the Engies.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL003
Inventory: Laser Rifle, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:20 pm »

Lead my platoon in following the new squad and do as they do. In the meantime, check my HUD's map of the command centre for any worrying enemy defences. Also, deafly wonder what that guy was saying just now.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2017, 01:25:45 pm »

Open fire!

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2017, 01:37:00 pm »

the guys who sent you in gave you directions for use: smash glass, turn handle counterclockwise. You must cover about ten feet of open room to get to that panel. there is a similar one on the opposite side of the room, much further away.
Head to the closest panel and do as told.

Lead my platoon in following the new squad and do as they do. In the meantime, check my HUD's map of the command centre for any worrying enemy defences. Also, deafly wonder what that guy was saying just now.

My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2017, 01:56:00 pm »

Find a door way to the room we are in and barricade it with crates, if enemies appear dive for cover while shooting like in an action movie
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:08:07 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2017, 02:05:30 pm »

Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine,, laser carbine  backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Why do you have backpacks?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29