Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 43738 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #390 on: September 23, 2017, 11:39:27 am »

Get out of broken vessel. Activate thrusters. And fall onto the enemy like an axe-wielding Angel of Death! Kill every enemy guy I possibly can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 23, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »

Get out the vessel and give Rak007 covering fire so he can do his thing with only a change of instant death

Get out of broken vessel. Activate thrusters. And fall onto the enemy like an axe-wielding Angel of Death! Kill every enemy guy I possibly can.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2017, 01:20:32 pm »

Suggest ramming into the attack drones at high speed.
Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2017, 01:24:44 pm »

Jump out, switch to auto-fire, and mow down any Other Guys™ I see.

"Rock an Roll baby! Rock an Roll! Eat hot smoking space-lead thinly coated with space-copper!"

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)

Get out the vessel and give Rak007 covering fire so he can do his thing with only a change of instant death

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:00:59 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 23, 2017, 01:49:15 pm »

Just sit tight and don't act or shoot at the attack drones unless ordered to, in which case shoot the drones

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 23, 2017, 02:11:26 pm »

If ramming is not possible jump out and shoot at drones

Just sit tight and don't act or shoot at the attack drones unless ordered to, in which case shoot the drones

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 23, 2017, 02:14:10 pm »

Praise Space Melee Jesus and jump to something. Your map doesn't make sense, so I'm not gonna use it.
Preemptively not letting HC on my SpGC, if he's just gonna point guns at me. He can go elsewhere.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE010
Class: Driver (Locked)
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:02:46 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 23, 2017, 02:45:15 pm »

Spoiler:  HC008 (click to show/hide)
If possible, load into a different transport than the one driven by an oblivious, suicidal, traitoris grunt.
If not possible, keep guns trained on him and order him as a superior officer to jump to Platoons one position and use the claws to open a breach in the enemy fortifications.

Spoiler:  Grunt 103 (click to show/hide)
Keep guns trained on the heretical driver, or load the other transport.
Spoiler:  Grunt 202 (click to show/hide)
Load the other transport, or be ready to burst out of transport on landing.

Praise Space Melee Jesus and jump to something. Your map doesn't make sense, so I'm not gonna use it.
Preemptively not letting HC on my SpGC, if he's just gonna point guns at me. He can go elsewhere.

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:21:35 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 23, 2017, 03:31:05 pm »

((I didn't include a platoon color because that wasn't an action---it was a question for you I was hoping to get answered before the next turn. Doesn't actually matter, seeing as how all I was going to do is hang on. And, I suppose, squirm really far when he fired at me, in proper dodging-while-in-crash-harness procedure dictates.))

Follow HC008 into whatever transport he finds, stow gear and buckle up.

Spoiler: MAD003 (click to show/hide)

If possible, load into a different transport than the one driven by an oblivious, suicidal, traitoris grunt.
If not possible, keep guns trained on him and order him as a superior officer to jump to Platoons one position and use the claws to open a breach in the enemy fortifications.

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:32:36 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2017, 02:44:24 pm »

Get in SpGti and wait.
((I didn't include a platoon color because that wasn't an action---it was a question for you I was hoping to get answered before the next turn. Doesn't actually matter, seeing as how all I was going to do is hang on. And, I suppose, squirm really far when he fired at me, in proper dodging-while-in-crash-harness procedure dictates.))

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2017, 07:32:32 pm »

HOLD ON TIGHT! FOR THE OFFICER'S!

"Officer's guide us."

Spoiler: Her-001 (click to show/hide)

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 26, 2017, 07:42:46 am »

Reminder: you are all in Space Suits. Because There's No Air Out There. Be aware that this grants you a couple of bonuses and a couple of maluses.
The most notable positive is the RCS thrusters for ease of mobility.
Teh most obvious negative is: get a hole, lose your air. suffocation, explosive decompression, and the like are more possible and likely, except whe nyou manage to get inside where there is pressurized air.

Platoon One

Jump out, switch to auto-fire, and mow down any Other Guys™ I see.

"Rock an Roll baby! Rock an Roll! Eat hot smoking space-lead thinly coated with space-copper!"

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)
(4) you begin firing before you even spot an enemy. You manage to hit an autoturret though, sparks fly and it twitches back and forth as if trying, and failing, to track according to it's programming. Strength roll: (5) you brace yourself against the recoil, using the foot of the SpGTi as a support column.

(2 )you get out and shoot wildly into space. It's not very effective.

(2) you activate thrusters and careen sideways, off into a crater. On the bright side, you have successfully cleared the horizon of enemies, by virtue of a much reduced horizon.

Platoon One Death Rolls
(4)(3)(5) KHH takes some damage from (1) focused laser fire. It puntcured your suit! You are moderately wounded! Choose a location for the wound, around which will seal the suit. You have 4/5 air remaining.

Platoon Two: Now with more "Get along shirts"
A sergeant comes by, looks you each sternly in the eye, and hands out Gruntship Bracelets from our  Dear Departed HC007. He waits for you to put them on, and reminds you that the past is past, and you are the present! you don't know what that means, maybe, but you do know that a deep feeling of shame wells up in your souls. Shame for what? who knows, since the specific events of your last lives are lost to your memory. all you see around you are allies and comrades.
You each gain the status: Gruntship Bracelet: 1/1 Lose this status at your own dire peril.

Get in SpGti and wait.
What a solid and implaccable Grunt. You sit in the clawed monstrosity. You wait.

You climb into the calwed SpGTi and stow your gear. You sit across from Zr, a lost, faraway look in your eye. You hope to mend your fellow gGrunts on this mission, but what did you break? what did you break?

There are no obvious suicidal traitors i the vicinity. You have no clue about the last life's events, really. All you see aound you are fresh, eager cones, ready to fight for the cause. You shrug off the weirdly morbid thoughts and climb into the SpGTi. Additionally, note that your authority extends exactly as far as the two grunts in your fire team. I forget how you came to have shock troopers, and do not remember if that was supposed to carry over. For this life, just take Standard Issue Grunts. I'll happily grant you back the shock troopers later if someone reminds me why they were granted.

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
You can't preemptively what you don't know will happen, which is fine because it doesn't happen.Anyway, you Glorify and Testify, and Drive. And for lack of a better alternative, you take HC's suggestion and aim your vessel toward Platoon One.

Platoon Two Death Rolls
Launch!
(4) you come down ahead of Platoon One, beyond the first line of defenses (the autoturrets.) No one dies. Ahead, you see the entrances to three bunkers. Beyond, you see several buildings extending out from the asteroid. Behind, you see Two autoturrets. Behind those are your comrades in arms: Platoon One. To either side, you see the very top of additional autoturrents on other parts of the asteroid.

Platoon Three
you ... you want to ram the attack drone? ooookay. See your death roll section then.

HOLD ON TIGHT! FOR THE OFFICER'S!

"Officer's guide us."

Spoiler: Her-001 (click to show/hide)

Brute starts at 1/? I haven't decided how many points you need, so I left it vague.

Platoon Three Death Rolls
You launch off the little asteroid, straight at the oncoming onslaught! (1) which promptly slides apart in a diamond formation, allowing you to drift between them.
 And they fire!
(5)(1)(6)(2) One tears open a hole in your ship, putting you on space suit air. You have 4/5 air left each. meanwhile, another blasts your engine, leaving you adrift! (1) But not for long, as you drift into the path of a defense station, which blasts you out of the stars.
 Respawn in the SpGTi hangar in front of your next ride.

https://imgur.com/a/JCpQR

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 26, 2017, 07:58:42 am »

Platoon 3 should be renamed to Platoon failure
Get on yet another vehicle, secure stuff and buckle in. And chew my gum with intense anger.
Spoiler: Rand004 (click to show/hide)
Do I keep my stuff? Or is it lost in space forever?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 26, 2017, 09:28:28 am »

Forward to the place of death of our predecesors

Platoon 3 should be renamed to Platoon failure
Get on yet another vehicle, secure stuff and buckle in. And chew my gum with intense anger.
Spoiler: Rand004 (click to show/hide)
Do I keep my stuff? Or is it lost in space forever?
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 26, 2017, 09:45:04 am »

"Flanking maneuver completed."

Turn around and rip apart the two autoturrets bearing down on platoon 1 from behind.

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29