Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 43765 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2017, 01:54:07 pm »

Don't fly into space.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »

Grab backpack and carbine, hurl myself through the hatch into darkness!

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE007
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet, las carbine, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/0/0
Try to get out, get to air.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL001
Inventory: Helmet, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Jump out and sprint forward, while resisting the urge to let out a war cry since I don't really have a lot of air at my disposal.

Designation: Fel001
Inventory: Helmet
Try to get out,and get to air
Designation: Pzf001
inventory: helmet,
Don't fly into space.

Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2017, 07:04:38 am »

Learn from my last clones death and secure my shit in the new dart 1

Join platoon 1; buckle in and secure my stuff. Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

Spoiler: Hat001 (click to show/hide)
((Here's the rest of Platoon 1 so far.))

Dart 1?: All gear secured and ready for second wave drop, Sergeant!
(Stow weapon on rack, backpack in compartment, sit, buckle restraints. Again.)

Spoiler: Grunt Vitals (click to show/hide)
Into dart 4, or the next available dart, whichever is more applicable. Fasten my belongings, fasten belongings of others in dart that haven't fastened their belongings, then buckle up! Wish for safe passage of the Darts, for the Officers' sake.

Platoon: 1
Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Kills: Minor 0/0
Standard 0/0
Major 0/0 (First is current grunt, second is all OS grunts)
Into The next dart, secure gear, buckle up, continue singing, ignore the fact that I died in the least-heroic way possible.

Name: Pork002 Deaths: 1
Status: Frosty Healthy (Can I use Frosty as a substitute for Healthy?)
Inventory: Laser Carbine, Backpack, Helmet, Ham Sandwhich in lunchbox. "Gum"
Into next Dart! Secure my arms and grin maniacally, hoping to kill some shit soon!

Designation: Rak002 (Death: 1) (Minor Heretic)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Kills: 0/0/0 (A Pity)

With the rest of the squad
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:07:06 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2017, 03:28:43 pm »

((That might be a solution to the organisation thing, come to think of it; simply have each poster quote the last post by someone in their platoon. If we can live with the resultant horrendous quote pyramids, that is.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2017, 03:37:21 pm »

((That might be a solution to the organisation thing, come to think of it; simply have each poster quote the last post by someone in their platoon. If we can live with the resultant horrendous quote pyramids, that is.))
((That might work, but we must be cautious not to invoke the wrath of the toad))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2017, 04:15:50 pm »

((That might work, but we must be cautious not to invoke the wrath of the toad))
((How about we separate the quotes and put them all in a spoiler? It takes a tiny bit more time, but it should still be reasonable.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2017, 05:07:07 pm »

((Cue the spawning of a giant road-enemy for us to fight))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2017, 07:23:04 pm »

Reminder: Please bold and put into your platoon color your actions. It helps tremendously.

((What is the "gum" (sorry, "Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute") for? It isn't listed in the equipment list.))
Imitation Artificial Gum Flavored Chewing Resin Substitute is for chewing and sadness, mostly. It's also a sort of minor currency amongst the Grunts, and as such, an incentive for looting the bodies of your fallen comrades, where possible.

Platoon 1
Excellent quote chain, guys. You all board Dart 1-B (pronounced "Dart Wan Dasch Bee") and ... holy crap, everyone secures their stuff. Neato. Well done. You guys get a +1 against the death roll this round.

Learn from my last clones death and secure my shit in the new dart 1

Join platoon 1; buckle in and secure my stuff. Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

Spoiler: Hat001 (click to show/hide)
((Here's the rest of Platoon 1 so far.))

Dart 1?: All gear secured and ready for second wave drop, Sergeant!
(Stow weapon on rack, backpack in compartment, sit, buckle restraints. Again.)

Spoiler: Grunt Vitals (click to show/hide)

Into dart 4, or the next available dart, whichever is more applicable. Fasten my belongings, fasten belongings of others in dart that haven't fastened their belongings, then buckle up! Wish for safe passage of the Darts, for the Officers' sake.

Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Standard 0/0
Rememebring the Officers eh? A man of faith! You gain a Prayer 1/5 marker. You also gain a Squad 1/5 marker for attending your compatriots.

Into The next dart, secure gear, buckle up, continue singing, ignore the fact that I died in the least-heroic way possible.

Name: Pork002 Deaths: 1
Status: Frosty Healthy (Can I use Frosty as a substitute for Healthy?)
Inventory: Laser Carbine, Backpack, Helmet, Ham Sandwhich in lunchbox. "Gum"
(put frosty in quotes and it's fine. Otherwise I might think you are frozen. Also, (3) you are reminded that there are far less heroic ways to die than being bludgeoned to death by your own equipment.

Into next Dart! Secure my arms and grin maniacally, hoping to kill some shit soon!

Designation: Rak002 (Death: 1) (Minor Heretic)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Kills: 0/0/0 (A Pity)
A warrior heart! That's the spirit!

Platoon 1 Death roll
The Dart, full of Grunts and fully secured, screams out of the drop bay like and angry hornet. At least, that's what the officers say. You have no idea what a hornet is, but you assume it is badass. It must be, if it causes 15 Gs of acceleration.
(1+1) Your Dart fares little better than the previous one, taking fire in space. You slam into the enemy ship at an angle and are unable to pierce the hull as a result. An iris between the pointy end and the crew compartment slams shut, and you hear a warning siren: "Prepare for magnetic attachment" as your compartment tumbles in space, occasionally banging against something hard. Eventually, suddenly, the Dart is pulled violently downward again and lands, with a massive BANG! The siren goes off again "Prepare for explosive breach prepare for explosive breach, prepare for explosive breach," and then the iris explodes and air rushes up past you into space.

You all are suffocating at 0/3. each round you do not get into air, that number goes up. at 3 you die.

finally, you all get individual death rolls from taking such a beating in space.
(4)(2)(3)(4)(6)(1)
minor wounds: OS002 and KH002.
serious wounds: MC002
maimed: Hat001
And Rak002 is killed by shrapnel. see below for respawn instructions

Platoon 2
Excellent quote chain. Special thanks to Felissan.

Grab backpack and carbine, hurl myself through the hatch into darkness!

Inventory: helmet, las carbine, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Try to get out, get to air.

Platoon 2:
Jump out and sprint forward, while resisting the urge to let out a war cry since I don't really have a lot of air at my disposal.

Designation: Fel001
Inventory: Helmet
Try to get out,and get to air
Don't fly into space.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
Now, you all are comedically trying to get through one hole at the same time, so I now have to roll for how well that works out.
Here is what will happen per roll:
(1) no one gets through and you guys get an inury roll in the process
(2) no one gets through
(3) one person gets through this turn
(4) three people get through this turn
(5) even Zr001, who's stated action is "Don't fly into space" gets through
(6) three people get through, but everyone rolls for injury.

And the roll is ... (5)! You all get in.
you are now in a darkened room, empty but for yourselves, with the air rapidly thinning. your suffocation counter resets to 0/3 and will be rolled for each turn.
a map appears from your helmet visor with a little orange triangle indicating your location, and a flashing yellow icon indicating your designated target of (2) Sewage Control, two decks down and three bulkheads back. Red Xs indicate known enemy troops. There are (5) None on your route.

Platoon 3
no quote chain for you guys eh? Oh well. I see a couple of you have your squad color going so that's good.

Send in the next wave, into the next pod
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002
Status: Kissing ass good byem preparing for death's sweet embrace
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
please use an identifiable part of your forum username for your designation. I won't remember who goes with what designation otherwise. If you insist on using this designation, I'll roll with it, but if I miss things, well...

Respawn. Unknowing of those below, sev002 boards the next platoon-designated pod, presumably Dart 6 (Or Dart 3 again, the Powerful-Generic-Space-Empire™ does it by waves like that) , and secures his equipment properly.

Platoon: 3
Designation: sev002

((OOC: Surprise surprise, the first three ones sucked. I mean, nobody likes the prequels. *badum-tss*))

Dart 3. Buckle up, secure stuff enjoy last sandwich. Wonder about your feeling of Deja Vu.

Run into the Dart 3, and then scream as loud as I can while securing all my shit! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Designation: BLD002
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.

await and load on to the next available dart for my platoon.
please include your character sheet for your actions. And for balance, I'm putting you in platoon 3.

Platoon 3 Death rolls

hmm. three of you have secured your items, so two death rolls in addition to the standard pod death roll.
(4)FKD takes a minor wound from his flying equipment and loses his carbine, which shatters on the back of the Pod during acceleration
(1)DH, or whatever his designation is, dies when his weapon discharges in his lap, spreading his brains across the compartment like a Jackson Pollock painting.

(5)Aside from those minor issues, the flight is uneventful, for the whole two seconds it occurs. The Dart slams into the hull of the enemy ship, piercing through like a hot knife through hard metal, and comes to rest perfectly. The hatches all explode open, and your restrains release and your equipment compartments spring open.
(6) The maps that light up on your helmet visors show you right on top of your target: (1) Sewage Tanks 1-5. the smell and the sound of water rushing into the point end of your Dart confirm this suspicion. Your backpacks contain  rebreathers and goggles.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn: Since there are only two of you dead this round, respawn with your current squad.

Platoon 1like platoon before you, you hit poorly and need to get into air before you die. You'll get more instructions once that happens.

Platoon 2 Your room is leaking air and you need to get out before it gets locked down and get to your objective. You have some electroic override tools for stubborn doors, and one satchel charge each for Really Stubborn Doors. Do try not to blow yourself up in the process

Platoon 3Get out of the Dart and into Sewage Tanks 1-5. Maybe find out which tank you ruptured.

Finally, I have not been posting individual actions much since htey are all pretty similar at the moment, but once you get going I'll be posting more directly on your own actions.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2017, 07:31:55 pm »

Grab my stuff, then get to safety, stopping to help anyone who is having obvious issues.

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2017, 07:38:25 pm »

Put the rebreathers and googles. Get out of the Dart and search for a door or way to the target
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 08:03:50 pm »

"Suffication is bad, time for cut! Don't stand near!"

Set explosive charge to open a way to air!

Head to destination, hopefully there's some more air there.

Platoon 2:
Heads to the destination carefully trying to not be spotted by the enemies if there would be any nearby
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:59:00 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2017, 08:06:54 pm »

Put on a rebriever and loot the dead guy's stuff and my stuff (even the ruined gun)
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh

Put the rebreathers and googles. Get out of the Dart and search for a door or way to the target
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2017, 08:51:14 pm »

Make sure the way into the pierced ship is clear, then motion for others to go in ahead of me. Don't go in until everyone else has gone. If something would prevent them from going in, other than the presence of others in the way or their own death, pull them in with me.

Markers: Faith 1/5, Squad 1/5

So...what do counters do, again?
Standard 0/0
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2017, 09:08:28 pm »

Put on the goggles and rebreather, along with the backpack, and take my laser carbine. Leave the Dart, and dredge through the slime, examining the area.
"If I die, take my chewing resin!"

Designation: sev002
((OOC: Are we unofficial quote eqyptians?))
Put on a rebriever and loot the dead guy's stuff and my stuff (even the ruined gun)
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh

Avanti!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2017, 09:11:26 pm »

Please don't nest quotes inside each other. just put the quotes one on top of each other, it's not hard.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29