Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44275 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2017, 10:59:32 am »

Slide to a stop right outside the barrier. Prone so as to avoid fire. Grab a canteen from backpack and toss it over the barrier while yelling "frag out!"

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2017, 04:47:02 pm »

Quickly search the highest-ranking-looking dead Other Guy for intel and loot, then bring up the rear with OCE.
"You done there? We should probably be rejoining the rest of the unit soon."

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)

Hang out with the other grunts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Keep on twords the command center, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot. If I spot anything that looks explody then turn around and get to a safe distance, I don't want to run into those demo guy's handy work...

Spoiler: MC003 Vitals (click to show/hide)

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2017, 05:09:46 pm »

Stow gear away, but don't buckle in. I wanna see what happens if I hold on with a grip so tight it could shear the handrest off.

"Hey, watch this guys!"

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD004
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:59:19 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2017, 06:00:42 pm »

"What ever it is dibs on your atuff"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2017, 07:26:41 am »

I've been shown a way! Charge! For glory!!!

Spoiler: Rak006 (click to show/hide)
Quickly search the highest-ranking-looking dead Other Guy for intel and loot, then bring up the rear with OCE.

Keep on twords the command center, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot. If I spot anything that looks explody then turn around and get to a safe distance, I don't want to run into those demo guy's handy work...

Follow these instructions to the letter.

Spoiler: Mar001 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:30:49 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2017, 09:30:02 am »

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3:

Platoon 1

I've been shown a way! Charge! For glory!!!

Spoiler: Rak006 (click to show/hide)
(5) you run around the corner, screaming like a MadGrunt, and shooting your laser carbine as you charge down the long, bloody hall. You get right up to the command Center's LArge Impenetrable Blast Doors and begin firing on full auto, a tinly little point of red appearing under your concerted fire. Two feet to the left of THE REALLY BIG EXPLOSIVETM that someone thoughtlessly left ticking away.

(2) you barely find the guy's head, let alone anything official looking. You head off toward the front (4) ariving where the Soldiers and Demolitions guys are hunkering down, helmeted heads between their knees - in the classic "shit's about to explode, yo" position.

You're kinda on your own at the moment, off by twisted metal hallway. (1) surely, that is where the other grunts are, right? since that's where the battle is? And glory? You move into the jagged hall of steel thorns and begin making your way toward Honor, Glory, and Certain Death.

(2) you follow Rak down the hall toward the command deck. Nothing here but your fellow Grunt and a lot of bodies. it's ...eerie.

Follow these instructions to the letter.

hyooooooo boy! Alright5, you suit up this round and wait. Next round is your turn to shine! You crouch down and get ready to crawl.

Platoon 1 Death roll
So, the Decoy Bomb planted on the blast doors by the Demolitions Guys goes off, killing Rak and MC without a roll.
As for the guy in the hall of spikes: (6) He miraculously survives with a Minor Wound, and is thrown forward by the shaking and rumbling from the explosion. he ends up falling through a broken floor into a rather spacious toilet.
Mar survives without a roll
Hat (6) is treated to an awesome pyrotechnical display, complete with flying dismembered corpses. His ears ring loudly and he is Deaf for five turns. use a counter (Deaf 5/5) to keep track. If the mission ends before the five turns are up, and Hat lives that long, he will recover his hearing at the end of the mission.

Platoon 2

Respawn. Join up with the rest of Platoon 2, keep shooting at engies.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL003
Inventory: Laser Rifle, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
(6) you turn the corner into the firefight and take out an engie right away! You get shot in the ass in the process. Enemies to the rear! It's a Minor Wound

Use my glorious stability due to firing prone and pin down those engineers. Let my teammates get up there.TM.
Spoiler: MAD001 (click to show/hide)
(1) You shoot NL003 in the ass.

I've taken aim, so it must be time to fire! Try not to hit that madman OcE.
(2) you send a spray of laser down the hallway. It's pretty, it's flashy, it makes the Engies duck and cover.

Slide to a stop right outside the barrier. Prone so as to avoid fire. Grab a canteen from backpack and toss it over the barrier while yelling "frag out!"

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
(2) you duck and roll, clonking your head on the barrier. You fumble with your backpack, trying to pull out anything. a pair of socks gets stuck in the zipper.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
(1) "NOW" Shouts an Engie, and the hallway erupts in noise and flame.
(6)(1)(1)(4)
NL003 and Oce008 escape the ensuing hellstorm by virtue of being right up next to the engies, who really didn't want to die in their own trap.
You other two are paste. Much of the hallway is rubble, and the floor is somewhat uncertain. Good news is, you are pretty sure there was only one of those traps. Pretty sure. Probably.

Platoon 3

((Wow our rolls were horrid))
Respawn, strap into dart, stow away our luggage, cry like a little babby
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine,  backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
Tears falling like rain, sobbing wracks your chest. Snot covers your chin.

Secure stuff, maintain composure while waiting for dart to reach next objective.

(2) Well, compared to the guy above you, you are calm. compared to a colicky baby, on the other hand ... well, I'd put money on the baby.

Five [1]s in a row for the same platoon? TPK
Secure my stuff, scream internally and externally.
Spoiler: Rand002 (click to show/hide)
You Join the Squad In Desparate Need of A Nap, adding your voice to the cacophonous chorus.

Stow gear away, but don't buckle in. I wanna see what happens if I hold on with a grip so tight it could shear the handrest off.

"Hey, watch this guys!"

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD004
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
(1) You can't help but break down in tears, along with your fellow Dartmates, as you prepare to face the inevitable.

Platoon Colicky Baby Death Rolls
First, BLD is a red smear against the back hull of the Dart, as it launches at extreme acceleration into the Void. His gear, on the other hand, is secured and ready for use.
(4) and the Dart itself survives the long seconds between vessels, slamming hard into the hull of The Other ShipTM to deliver its payload of EmoGrunts to the (4) Quartermaster's Section. Your goal is to secure the supply zone, especially the Cargo Office.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:spawn with your platoon, and good hunting!
newbies, pick a platoon, spawn in wherever they are, and use that platoon's color for your posts.

Platoon 1Assist the battle for the COmmand DeckTM
Platoon 2Engineering is guarded by engineers. This is either good news, or it is not good news.
Platoon 3Welcome to Loot town! the fabled Cargo Holds! a Grunt's utopia.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2017, 09:41:42 am »

Take Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute and backpack from the dead guy, leave my gun so I have less stuff on me and use both backpacks to loot and carry as much as possible. Search the cargo and take as much as I can carry using 2 backpacks. Focus on better armor and melee weapons.
Spoiler: Rand002 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:52:52 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2017, 09:57:16 am »

loot remaining dead guy stuff, Grab his weapon and strap his helmet onto my helmet and duelwield las carbines. like its wolfenstein.
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine,  backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:04:53 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2017, 10:00:28 am »

Stand up amazed by my luck and run to the explosion as there are sure to other guys to fight and make the most of my newfound luck. Shoot any other guys I see.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2017, 10:13:48 am »

"Doors down! Great plunder awaits us, boys!"
Inspire others, then enjoy hack&slash RPG from first person.

Spoiler: Spess Viking (click to show/hide)
Stand up amazed by my luck and run to the explosion as there are sure to other guys to fight and make the most of my newfound luck. Shoot any other guys I see.

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2017, 12:52:19 pm »

Keep moving forward, carefully.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL003
Inventory: Laser Rifle, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2017, 12:59:27 pm »

Head twords whatever looks most likely to have lots of Other Guys™ to shoot.

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:01:10 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2017, 01:02:30 pm »

try to be professional get out of the dart and check for the others guys looting can happen once the area is secure.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2017, 02:35:50 pm »

Start crawling to wherever I am suppose to go.

Head twords whatever looks most likely to have lots of Other Guys™ to shoot.

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2017, 02:56:51 pm »

Respawn, and get to a place where I can shoot The Other Guystm without the floor deciding it'd rather not carry me.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29