Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 43736 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2017, 10:19:41 am »

Do i have enough deaths and cps to lvl up into patriot or assault gunner? Also respawn, strap in, stow stuff away and find a way to kiss my ass or elbow.
Spoiler: FKD004 (click to show/hide)

Forward to the place of death of our predecesors

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Platoon 3 should be renamed to Platoon failure
Get on yet another vehicle, secure stuff and buckle in. And chew my gum with intense anger.
Spoiler: Rand004 (click to show/hide)
Do I keep my stuff? Or is it lost in space forever?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:19 am »

"Bloody bugger's shot me. Take a potato wankers""

Throw a frag grenade in one of the bunkers if out of range throw a smoke toward them and get into range under cover of smoke
[/color]

Platoon 1:
Designation: KH003
Class: Grenadier (locked)
Inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, Special ration, 3 Frag grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 2 smoke grenades
Perk: Space blessing x 3
C.P's Faith 1/7
Kill tally:0/1/0
Death types: Space battle, Blasted
Bonus:compleate mission with less then five deaths for a perk (maybe)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2017, 11:39:35 am »

Switch back to heavy shot, and start methodically plugging any Other Guys™ or turrets I see.

((Do I count that turret as a kill? Remember, I was on auto-fire, so I should have had multiple attacks))

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)

"Bloody bugger's shot me. Take a potato wankers"

Throw a frag grenade in one of the bunkers if out of range throw a smoke toward them and get into range under cover of smoke

Platoon 1:
Designation: KH003
Class: Grenadier (locked)
Inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, Special ration, 3 Frag grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 2 smoke grenades
Perk: Space blessing x 3
C.P's Faith 1/7
Kill tally:0/1/0
Death types: Space battle, Blasted
Bonus:compleate mission with less then five deaths for a perk (maybe)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:41:40 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 26, 2017, 02:13:36 pm »

Can I shoot at enemies from the comfort of my seat? Let's find out! Aim at the bunker while the SPGTI gets all over those turrets.
"Flanking maneuver completed."

Turn around and rip apart the two autoturrets bearing down on platoon 1 from behind.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE010
Class: Driver (Locked)
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 26, 2017, 03:13:51 pm »

Compose a Grunt Combat Song based off of "Vode An", with appropriate references to the Officers and the Empire.

Spoiler: MAD003 (click to show/hide)

Can I shoot at enemies from the comfort of my seat? Let's find out! Aim at the bunker while the SPGTI gets all over those turrets.

Turn around and rip apart the two autoturrets bearing down on platoon 1 from behind.

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2017, 03:44:41 am »

Attempt operation 'Angel Descend' once more!

Switch back to heavy shot, and start methodically plugging any Other Guys™ or turrets I see.

((Do I count that turret as a kill? Remember, I was on auto-fire, so I should have had multiple attacks))

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »

Join the fray and race forwards towards the turrets, under the cover of KH's smoke grenade if he throws it.
Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
((Sorry about that, was away for a week and forgot to say.
On a completely unrelated note, do we have comm. links with the other platoons or just within our own unit?))

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 28, 2017, 09:09:45 am »

A grunt suddenly wakes up from inside a closet where he has been taking a nap

Hop into the nearest drop pod. FOR VALHALLA!

P.s. I RETURN!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »

Platoon One

A grunt suddenly wakes up from inside a closet where he has been taking a nap

Hop into the nearest drop pod. FOR VALHALLA!

P.s. I RETURN!

Welcome back. We'll just drop you into the thick of it, since you used platoon colors and everything. your squad is outside the first ring of defenses on an asteroid. Autoturrets are targeting your position. Best you dodge, yo.

Join the fray and race forwards towards the turrets, under the cover of KH's smoke grenade if he throws it.
Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
((Sorry about that, was away for a week and forgot to say.
On a completely unrelated note, do we have comm. links with the other platoons or just within our own unit?))
Hmm. I believe that normal military practice is for soldiers to have squad comms, while commanders have intersquad comms. So, no link to other squads for you! But you can communicate while in range of sight, via commander magic. So yes, you can communicate with Platoon 2. Welcome back.

The smoke is a flop, but you run forward anyway. It's what grunts (and their derivatives) do, after all. (6) A little too much effort on a leap off a small hillock of stone, and you go tumbling past the turret in the low gravity. Next turn, you cannot make any move actions, due to floating. I'll also have to roll a landing for you. remind me to do that.

(1) You plow face first into the deepest part of the crater. (5) at least you have discovered the perfect defensive position on this asteroid.

You can't count the turret as a kill. You only wounded it. It's still capable of firing, and your SpGTi is within it's arc. Post the effect of autofire for me in your sheet so I have a quick reference for it, and don't have to hunt back to the every round. that's too much effort for your lazy neighborhood GM. (2) you switch to heavy slugs, and fire, but your shot goes wide. that bullet will eventually return to this asteroid, but perhaps not in your lifetime. I don't actually have the math for it, so you'll never know.

(2) you throw a smoke toward the bunker, which is out opf range of even your mightiest throw, behind that line of turrets I mentioned. The smoke sprays in a single line, straight out. In space, it does not form a cloud, but a jet. weird.  The can dances in an asymmetrical ballet, eventually drifting off toward the rocky horizon.Also, the autoturrets can see you over the smoke stream anyway, so there's that. (5) yo ugrunt your acceptance of the stupidity of fate, and haul ass, making it to the base of the more functional of the local turrets.

Platoon One Death rolls
(4)(4+2)(3)(1)(1+1)
MC is blasted by the functional autoturret and killed. Khh, by virtue of his location, is saved from instant death from the same sweeping beam. He is still maimed, and loses 3 air. Oh my, down to reserves, khh.
meanwhile, your Angel Overlord has dug himself a fine, stationary, low defensive position in his attempt at aggressive, exposed, aerial assault.

Platoon Two

Compose a Grunt Combat Song based off of "Vode An", with appropriate references to the Officers and the Empire.

(6) you compose a sweeping ballad that stirs the hearts and minds of those who hear it - fellow grunts are stirred to courage and strength of purpose, while opposing forces are stirred to dismay and terror. It is only after singing the song three times to yourself that you realize that you have composed the Corps Anthem, which wakes every Grunt every day from the time of their de-vatting to the day of their decomposing. A song you've heard countless times before (or maybe, like, twice, new clone) Well, points for patriotism anyway. Feel free to take a CP in Faith (1/7) for it.

You need to open the top hatch and stick your head out to aim (And your arms to fire). It is rather uncomfortable. (6) you Take Aim. You are one with the SpGTi, the SpGTi is one with you.

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
(1) you turn and charge, clamping one autoturret in your mighty claws! The force of the collision jars teh turret part loose from some internal jam, freeing it to point wherever it will. It rotates your way.

Platoon Two Death rolls
(6)(3)(4) Zr takes a serious wound (fractured ribs) from being thrown into the hatch when the SpGTi collides with the AutoTurret. Medic!

Platoon Three

Do i have enough deaths and cps to lvl up into patriot or assault gunner? Also respawn, strap in, stow stuff away and find a way to kiss my ass or elbow.
Patriot is not a class, but a perk.No, I believe you need one more death to level to Assault Gunner. Normally you need five, but with your CP, that drops to 4 deaths (putting you on character number 5)
You stow and lock in. Loaded and ready to go!

Forward to the place of death of our predecesors

in you go. You lock in your target - the asteroid with the drones nearby

Platoon 3 should be renamed to Platoon failure
Get on yet another vehicle, secure stuff and buckle in. And chew my gum with intense anger.
Do I keep my stuff? Or is it lost in space forever?
hmm. It would be kinda cheap for those things to last one life. I'll assume the non-combat things were left home. If you took the cleaver, you lost it. the rations last for ...oh, five lives or one mission, so they are still good.

Platoon Three Death rolls
One roll for you, as your SpGTi launches toward the destination: (3) you come under fire as you land on the asteroid, drones just cresting the horizon. Your SpGTi loses 1 air, leaving it at 6/7

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 29, 2017, 04:50:02 pm »

Spawn on the SpGT? If so jump out and murderize the Other Guys'™ turrets in autofire mode.

((I looked back at the given rules:
Alright. the slug thrower has two modes: heavy slug rounds, and autofire. The first is for powerful shots, capable of more damage than your average Grunt weapon. The second is for, you know, shooting a lot of bullets all over the place all at once. Autofire starts at (5/5) and each use drops the counter by one tick or more (default is 1 tick). Also, it takes one action to switch between modes. Remind me to put this in the OP.
Updated my sheet with the important bits so we don't forget. (I forgot the "takes one action to switch modes" bit...)
))

Spoiler: MC005 Vitals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:25:25 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 29, 2017, 05:12:22 pm »

Prepare to shoot any drones through a window or something, I dunno, just make sure I don't lose myself to the vacume first
((also I just realized our craft is the spahgeti or how ever you spell it I am not italian))

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:06:33 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 29, 2017, 05:32:21 pm »

Get out of the ship and use me improved vision to shoot the drones with higher accuracy than the average grunt.

Prepare to shoot any drones through a window or something, I dunno, just make sure I don't lose myself to the vacume first
((also I just realized our craft is the spahgeti or how ever you spell it I am not italian))

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 29, 2017, 06:04:19 pm »

Undo my restraints, patch up Zr003's ribs. Then get myself strapped back into my seat.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 29, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »

Drink my midsized bottle of Real AlcoholTM, eat my Special Ration, chew my Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute and prepare to ram the ship into the drones once the rations take effect on me. If it didn't work before, it's going to work now.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 29, 2017, 07:41:23 pm »

"Glory to space jesus! Die, evil contraption!"

Engage the turret in glorious mechnical melee combat with such proficiency that I gain a point of Mech!

CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)

Undo my restraints, patch up Zr003's ribs. Then get myself strapped back into my seat.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29