Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interesting things you saw/did today  (Read 1181 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Interesting things you saw/did today
« on: June 29, 2017, 01:45:50 am »

Right what it says on the tin

I personally rediscovered cyriak  and subsequently lost my head

if this or something similar already exists, please tell me. a few quick searches brought up nothing

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting things you saw/did today
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 01:56:35 am »

Eh, okay, let's see if this thread can get some momentum.

I applied for a job! My dream job- a clerk in a bookstore! :D   
My favourite chain of bookstores, no less. I doubt I will get this job, but y'know, it's refreshing to apply for a job I actually want for a change, as opposed to just applying in bulk to satisfy my employment agency without really so much as reading the descriptions on the listings. I even wrote a cover letter! So much effort is simply unheard of!     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 06:42:04 am »

Not today, but yesterday I was cleaning freestalls, and happened to look up to see a cow leaning through the fence as far as it could, and stretching ever farther with its tongue in an attempt to lick my shirt. Do you have any idea how long a cow tongue is? I'll give you a hint: long. It couldn't quite reach (so my shirt is still slobber free), but it sure made an effort.

Oh well, at least it wasn't licking the gate chains. When they do that you will get slobber on your hands, and they all seem to love licking chain. I hate cattle.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 06:50:30 am »

Horses are worse. They don't lick first, they just eat your hat and shirt.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 08:58:43 am »

I saw a bald eagle hanging out on an utility pole!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:58 pm »

I watched my bearded Dragon fall asleep on my pregnant wife's belly, even with the baby kicking it in the gut.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 02:41:33 am »

Got my ME system set up in my new base, still working on getting all the miners running, but the basics are there. Ore processing is next. Alongside that, lent a tonne of resources to a newbie, because why not (60k Iron Ore in storage is a big incentive to share)
(for context, this is modded Minecraft, pack is FTB Beyond, server is Mine Your Mind)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 07:46:17 am »

Watched a thunderstorm rolling in.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 12:42:35 pm »

I practiced a 2 base Roach timing push.

After watching Lowko's Starcraft 2 youtube channel I've finally decided to come back to the game.  I played Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty as a kid and did so very naively.  I always played Zerg, I didn't use hotkeys except sometimes 1 or 2 for my army, I barely spread creep or used injects.  I didn't really "get" the game's appeal or its core strategy.  Now I've watched a lot of videos and I'm also on Adderall, so its really interesting to see how much my gameplay has changed with only 5-10 games worth of practice.

...still only play Zerg tho.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 07:05:41 pm »

I wrote a program that automatically calculates turns for a game I am running on a Discord server. It's kind of a mess right now, but I am currently rewriting it to my usual standards.

I really should be writing the frontend for my media metadata server instead, but this is more fun...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 09:01:22 pm »

I got drunk with my dad, mom, and family friends, also with my non drunk wife, brother, and brother's gf. Good times
He's fucking with us.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 12:04:48 am »

Crashed several BYOND cliets via magic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 11:40:02 am »

I wrote a program that automatically calculates turns for a game I am running on a Discord server. It's kind of a mess right now, but I am currently rewriting it to my usual standards.

I really should be writing the frontend for my media metadata server instead, but this is more fun...
Ooh, what kind of game?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 07:18:15 am »

It's a simple light-weight ant colony game. I'm not running it at the moment because it needs more work. Basically it needs more action types and a goal. I'm sure I'll get it all figured out eventually... Each turn players submit actions, kinda like in a suggestion game, then ants are divided between the stated actions and results are rolled. More ants for a given action == better results. This way the players need to work together or the ants will be spread too thin.

Forum games are fun to run, but good tools make it easier.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 07:38:02 am »

A friend emailed me this today:

It makes me laugh. A lot.
Pages: [1] 2