Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Title no longer true.  (Read 5847 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Title no longer true.
« on: June 29, 2017, 12:17:51 pm »

Early twenties.

In the process of dropping out, currently working in the shipping department of a large company's factory near me. The pay is not nearly enough to live on my own but after 6 months they will either offer me an actual job or fire me. I'm well liked at work and pretty much fully trained 1 month in except for forklift.

I'm trying to get into a skilled trade, I was aiming for locksmithing as I believe the opportunity to start your own business in the field will be great cause pretty much all the current companies are old people looking for young guys to take over the actual work aspect. Aka a shortage of labor in the near future. Tho looking at my neighbor's unfinished driveway I think doing home work for private people might be decent too.

Now I dunt want to get into my history but I do want to mention that I've never had a girl friend and had very strict parents growing up. I'm not a virgin, but all the times I've had sex were pretty much 1 time casual things on vacation or when away from home growing up.

I know this is called live advice but I just want to vent and my old venting forum unfortunately shutdown today so I got no where else to bitch about my life. I don't really have friends, maybe like a couple of people currently. To kill time I've just been working as much as possible to save up money. Other then buying a car then moving out I don't really see what there is to life. I've always been introverted / avoident of others and if I could pick my ideal life (except for being born rich, tall and good looking) would be to live far away from others by myself (which might be possible but difficult in 2017) .

Btw I'm actually pretty good at this game now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:47:20 pm by DFNewb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I hate my life and have no goals to reach for
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 03:43:45 am »

if I could pick my ideal life (except for being born rich, tall and good looking)

So you'd like to be rich, at the very least? What is it you want to do if you were rich and how would it be different from how you live now?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:53:35 am »

if I could pick my ideal life (except for being born rich, tall and good looking)

So you'd like to be rich, at the very least? What is it you want to do if you were rich and how would it be different from how you live now?
I'd build a big tall house with rooms by the dozen, right in the middle of town.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 10:59:25 am »

The keywords sentences as I see them :

• Early twenties
• I've never had a girl friend
• I hate my life and have no goals to reach for

Between 15 and 25, men are bags of hormones. They usually live surrounded by females at the peak of their SMV, in a setting where both their inner workings and society at large tell them having sex and funding a family is the pinacle of their existence. You're probably told implicitely or not that the key to happiness is to find a good woman and to make her happy so she'll fart out babies for you, and whether you actively believe that or are just swimming into it culturally, you have to know it's a lie.

You are very young. You probably have no cash, few achievments you can be really proud of, unless you're the next einstein, your skills probably havn't gone very far and you haven't tried things enough yet to know what you really want to do in the future.

And it's perfectly normal. You're not even old enough to know what a wortwhile lifegoal even look like.
Give it time.

And if you need a goal, like a temporary goal to keep yourself going ; here's the one I set for myself when I was struggling with depression : survive until tomorrow. And every day you reset that goal. You wake up every morning, and you say to yourself "Good. I'm still alive today. I'm doing great."

It worked for me and with retrospective, I didn't needed to bother myself with a life project as I had just started my adult life.

Spoiler alert on the next years of your life : it gets better as hormones fade and make you less dependant of outside validations, and you find what truely defines you along the way.

TL;DR :

• You're horny
• The void you fill inside is natural for your age and won't go away with a long term relationship
• You don't need to set a goal at your age

PS : I know you're not asking for advice so consider that as a counter rant.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:04:57 am by Cathar »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:29:22 pm »

And if you need a goal, like a temporary goal to keep yourself going ; here's the one I set for myself when I was struggling with depression : survive until tomorrow. And every day you reset that goal. You wake up every morning, and you say to yourself "Good. I'm still alive today. I'm doing great."

This is actually very sound advice

You know, when I was at uni I had some very bad years as well, and didn't see a way out. I figured that I might as well trust my younger self,  keep going forward, and then figure out what to do once the dark times were over
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 11:22:37 pm »

Not really looking for advice tbh.

I decided to inject instead. I injected 300mg Test E the other day.

As for @cathar I don't care about outside validation. I care about money and having sex with hot young girls. I have neither atm and it's not looking good in the future.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 12:54:40 am »

You know what leads to money and sex with hot young girls? Not dropping out of school, ya dum-dum.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 05:09:15 am »

I don't care about outside validation. I care about money and having sex with hot young girls.

Two mutually exclusive statements.
Besides you care about money because you want to have sex with women and have an embryo of clue on how it works, and you want to have sex because your biology goes haywire as it does with anyone your age. When your hormonal circus extraordinaire will come to its conclusion in 3-4 years, your real goals will appear more clearly to you. Don't fuck it up till then

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 05:29:33 am »

I care about money and having sex with hot young girls. I have neither atm and it's not looking good in the future.
these two sentences also contradict each other. You wont be having lots of sex if your balls fall off

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 05:33:18 am »

Broke hoodrats with no teeth don't get as much puccy as we think they do

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 02:50:08 pm »

As for @cathar I don't care about outside validation. I care about money and having sex with hot young girls. I have neither atm and it's not looking good in the future.

Then do it right and read this, 300mg is neither fish nor fowl, too high for  testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) but too low for proper steroids.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 03:02:50 pm »

Please don't encourage people to abuse drugs.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:07 pm »

Then do it right and read this, 300mg is neither fish nor fowl, too high for  testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) but too low for proper steroids.

Thanks for the read. I've done extensive research already.

I'm actually planning to drop to 150mg / 5days I just wanted to jump start my plan. I have high t anyways but studies have shown roids give you lean muscle without even working out and I'm just lazy and want a nicer body faster and easier.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 05:00:19 pm »

You just need to ask yourself what you actually want out of life, and how much you're willing to suffer to achieve it.

I keep it simple. I don't want to be broke, cold, hungry or living off of ramen noodles my whole life. I want to be entertained, and have things around me that enrich my inner life.

So I set my standards to the point where I can hold a job that doesn't make me want to kill myself and can provide me the moderate creature comforts I require. A really nice car, a house, babbies, fame, actual wealth, personal achievement......all fine things if you're willing to suffer as much as it takes to earn them. Personally I'm not, or at least am willing to slowly grind my way towards them at a pace I can live with, rather than stressing myself out and/or working myself to the bone because I feel like I've fallen behind some self-imposed life curve that everyone else around me sets.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 10:21:55 pm »

Hi
Don't deny that animal because he will be gone in a few years, feed the thing.

You wanna get a females attention, the great thing is they are all different so you can find a person like you, someone who doesn't care about fake muscles or what kind of job you have.

Though since you want to go that route get a tank top and a mullet.
Birches love a greasy mullet and some big arms to hang off like chimps.
Throw away the hot chicks.
Go for average looking people, your not fooling anyone with that mindset and people can subconsciously see it in you.
Get tinder like all you kids do these days.

Looking for a partner however? Get a fucking job stop wasting your shitty money on crap non euphoric drugs, get some nice threads.
Cause if someone is dumb enough to fall for you cause of your 'lean muscles' thats what they are, dumb, and you don't want a dumb partner cause they have a higher chance to do dumb things and have dumb spawn.
××××××××××××××××××
Pages: [1] 2 3 4