Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Italian interview what's it like living there ?  (Read 1834 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Italian interview what's it like living there ?
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:00:49 pm »

Hi I'm doing a project for college and doing it on Italy. I need to find or do an interview from som one who lives there and I can't find any that is from actual italtions. Just answer a couple questions and that would be a great help thanks.

1. What are people like are they nice or rude?

2.how heavy are the arts promoted there?

3. What do people do a lot for fun.

4. Is fashion more important there.

5. Are people more relaxed?

6. Is the mafia actually a problem ?

7. What's your favorite place in Italy to visit.

8. Are people interested in their history as a country?

9. Do you like tourists or are here too many?

10. What is one of the more pressing issues italtions are faceing?

Again thanks a bunch if you can answer.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Italian interview what's it like living there ?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:30:34 am »

American here, but with some common-sense stuff:
1.) The same as anywhere else.
2.) The same as most other Western countries.
3.) I don't know--I don't live in Italy. But I imagine they eat, drink, and party--and play hella football (soccer.) Hard to generalize a whole country.
4.) That's how it's trumped up--but if you're worried about how you look, just dress professionally and you should be fine.
5.) Same as anywhere else, a lot of that will depend on WHERE you are in Italy. The pace of life will be faster in cities and slower in small towns.
6.) Same as here in the US, perhaps moreso, but don't bring it up as that would probs be very rude, and also you'll be more than safe enough assuming you're not going to be frequenting bad areas or red-light districts.
7.) Venice, it's hella cool. Rome too. Honestly, though al the cities are incredible and worth a visit. Florence.
8.) Yep. Italy has a badass history, but of course, just about the same as anywhere else.
9.) Nobody really likes tourists, but they have lots of money. Also, don't bring up tourists--it's not rude, but it's a boring as fuck topic of conversation and nobody really cares.
10.) Corruption is pretty bad in Italy.

Honestly though, you're asking too many questions. Just go and experience Italy!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 12:10:17 pm »

Hi I'm doing a project for college and doing it on Italy.

Probably makes it a little difficult to go do live research.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44:02 pm »

It may help to ask these questions on an Italian forum or... Something. I haven't been to one sadly...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 10:29:23 am »

Try googling it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kathe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 11:52:22 am »

Hi I'm doing a project for college and doing it on Italy. I need to find or do an interview from som one who lives there and I can't find any that is from actual italtions. Just answer a couple questions and that would be a great help thanks.

Again thanks a bunch if you can answer.

Italian here.
First of all, there are huge differences between regions. There are big cultural differences between the north and the south, for example. Also, the north is way more developed (or should I say that the south is really backwards?).
1. Usually nice.
2. Quite a lot, but see my premise.
3. Depends on the region, but in my area (in the north) people are very outdoorsy, so you see lots of cyclists or runners. Generally, italians love strolling in town and eating out together.
4. Fashion is important in Italy.
5. Depends on where you are. People in Rome are usually stressed out and behave in a despicable manner, especially the drivers. Generally the south is like that, but if you get to know people personally they're usually good people.
6. Yes but not for you and not for every italian.
7. The Dolomites.
8. Some are, some take it for granted, others are ignorant.
9. Depends. I don't mind them, but I prefer quiet and I don't work in the tourism business.
10. Stupid made-up politicians that want to tear down everything but have no alternative or have a worse one. Also, ignorance and disparity between the north and south. Also, the financial and jobs situation.

So it really depends on where you visit. The south regions are generally backwards, Rome is an absolute mess but full of history, the northern regions are between decent and quite developed. If you visit just one place, don't for a minute think that the whole country is the same.

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 07:26:15 am »

Another Italian here. Hailing not exactly from the south, but definitely not from the north either I'll add my two cents for the sake of diversity of information.
Firstly, as my fellow countryman said, there are huge cultural differences between Regions(~20k km^2), and even between single cities, and you can pretty much see a nearly completely different Italy depending on where you're looking at, say, Trento(north) and Modica(south).
Let's have at them questions then.

Usually they are nice. Angry(with reasons) about the taxes, the corruption, the government as a whole, but pretty nice with strangers.

Depends heavily on the location. There are some cities like Cremona or Firenze where arts are heavily promoted, while in more industrial areas arts are seen as a waste of time and thus not really encouraged. In general though, arts are moderately to heavily promoted.

Again depends on location, in the north people go skiing and terkking, in the south they go to the beach or simply hang out in the local plaza, irregardless of the location, Italians love to hang outside together.

Usually Italians have a keen eye for fashion, yes, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it is important.

Depends, usually in the north people are more focused on work and have a really precise mindset, while in the south people are more relaxed and, well, slacker.

It is, but not for the random guy.

Well, there's lots of beautiful places. I myself love Tuscany.

Not really.

Again depends on the location. Rome in the high tourism season is unbearable for example, but I love to chat with people from other parts of the world.

Right now? Corrupt and generally idiotic government.
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 04:35:05 pm »

I gotta ask...

Do Italians really shout as often as they're portrayed in American media? I'm not talking about on the road (which I've been told by other Europeans they love to shout at each other in traffic when they're pissed off.) Just wondering about more casual, every day interactions.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 02:58:50 am »

Wait for it...

It depends  :P

Seriously! Shouting is the norm in rural, extensive, and not really culturally advanced areas, which again are more common in the south. I guess shouting as a medium would naturally emerge when you need to hail someone on the other side of an enormous field, or as a mean to intimidate a fellow farmhand.
Where the civilization is more dense, shouting becomes frowned upon as a display of bad manners(more so in the north) so I'll say no, Italians doesn't really shout that much, unless they are textbook rural specimen.
As for the road rage, everyone get mad I guess. Imagine a scotsman bottled up in traffic, transform his explosive rage into a less violent, more persistent bother, add a fair amount of gesticulation, and you have your standard stereotypical southern-Italy driver.
The northern one replaces the verbal insults with frowning and the gesticulation with precise honking.
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )