Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Cannibalism fixes  (Read 29562 times)

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Make anyone a companion, Combat harden units
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 09:33:42 pm »

i did every step here, and I can see to make it work at all. I go to the description page of a humam monk, type the "make-companion" on dfhack and nothing happens :(
the command "make-companion -help" doesnt show any new massegs on the dfhack screen when i tried to do it

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Make anyone a companion, Combat harden units
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 06:46:55 am »

i did every step here, and I can see to make it work at all. I go to the description page of a humam monk, type the "make-companion" on dfhack and nothing happens :(
the command "make-companion -help" doesnt show any new massegs on the dfhack screen when i tried to do it
Do you get an error message when you try to use the command (i.e." _____ is not a recognized command."), or nothing at all?

If there is no error:
  • It could be that you're using an older version of dfhack and that's causing problems. At a guess one of them might be the use of dfhack_flags.module. If that's the problem, you can try finding the line main(...) near the bottom of the file, and removing the lines directly above and below it. That might get it running, but if the problem is something to do with outdated versions then there will likely be more problems beyond that.

If there is an error, then chances are there's a problem with the installation:
  • Make sure that the file is definitely installed into the hack/scripts folder of the Dwarf Fortress instance you're running.
  • Make sure the file is actually called make-companion.lua. The name (without the .lua ending) is what you have to type in to use the command, and so if it's named differently you'd need to type a different command in. Additionally, sometimes your OS will hide the file types from view depending on your settings, it's possible that the file is actually keeping its true file type (like make-companion.lua.txt), which you'd have to rectify in whatever manner you're supposed to based on your OS.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Hello. I've found your view-allegiance pretty useful, thanks for writing it.

An annoying thing is that sometimes....Sometimes people end up dead. Well, there's dead unit list, oooor the script could start something like this so you could use it while looking at their corpse:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:23:46 am by Fleeting Frames »

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

Hello. I've found your view-allegiance pretty useful, thanks for writing it.

An annoying thing is that sometimes....Sometimes people end up dead. Well, there's dead unit list, oooor the script could start something like this so you could use it while looking at their corpse:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That sounds pretty useful. view-allegiance is pretty old now, so if I ever write up a new version, I'll be sure to include that :p

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Make creatures fine with missing clothing
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 06:54:17 am »

So one day I was playing a modded fort as centaurs (because centaurs are cool), but inevitably practically all of them went insane because they didn't have shoes to wear on their hooves. Their entity didn't even have access to shoes - why should they care!? Aside from giving me inspiration for a thief civ - some dwarf-size creatures who have no access to clothes, and so must steal clothes from dwarves to cover their shame - I found it pretty annoying, and the only workaround is to set all of the creature's bashfulness to its minimum. I didn't really want to have to do that, so instead I made a script to fix the problem. Using Clothing Optional, you can register creatures on a creature or entity level basis to no longer care about lacking shirts, pants, shoes, or any combination of the three. It's intended for use with modded creatures, but you can apply it to any normal creatures too.

I've added Clothing Optional to the OP, and removed both Combat Harden and Change Appearance, since both are now included in DFHack :D You'll find the Change Appearance stuff as part of the new features within gui/gm-unit.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Convert units to your fort
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 09:44:36 am »

I had a brief moment of being back into Dwarf Fortress where I made a new script, which I figured I might as well release here. Make Citizen does what tweak makeown used to: convert a unit into a full citizen of your fort, with full access to labours, and no need to petition or anything like that. I never got around to fully testing it in more niche cases before moving on to other things, but hopefully is fully functional and of use to somebody.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Code-based patches for some standard edits
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 09:03:07 am »

I was feeling a bit experimental, so I've made a few scripts that are about applying some raw edits entirely via scripts, as well as some generally useful gameplay changes. It should have the added bonus of not requiring you to make a whole bunch of edits if you want to include lots of creatures from different mods, as well as let you edit some things that aren't normally available. Here's the stuff that's currently available with the patch scripts:
  • Have Modest Mod's extra skin yields and ability to tan scales in fortress mode.
  • Make creatures tameable, trainable and/or mountable.
  • Disable flight on intelligent creatures during fortress mode.
  • Alter the wait period for web spray attacks (for both raw-defined and generated creatures).
  • Make particular creatures available to play as outsiders in adventure mode.
  • Make creatures be able to have strange moods during fortress mode (because hey, they're fun).
I might later expand on the selection of patches and add support for additional styles of patch scripts in World Patch, but knowing me, probably not :P See the entry for World Patch in the OP for the download.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 09:09:39 am »

This is really cool but how do i add the scripts
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 09:32:53 am »

This is really cool but how do i add the scripts
In general for the github downloads:
  • Navigate to the script you want.
  • Click the Raw button near the top right of the code.
  • Make a file named after the script inside your hack/scripts folder (or wherever the script needs to be). As an example, if you were downloading make-citizen, you'd create a file called make-citizen.lua in your hack/scripts folder.
  • Open the file you created in notepad, copy the code that showed up when you pressed the Raw button, paste that code into your file, then save it.
Alternatively, if you navigate to the main folder of the github repo, you should see a green dropdown near the top right of the list of files. If you click that and select Download ZIP, it'll download everything there. Then, you just pick out the parts that you want from that ZIP folder.

Just be aware that a few of the scripts are outdated, and either no longer work (I think Adventurer Freedom still needs updating :c) or no longer necessary (some of them are included in DFhack now, or a newer script covers what they did).

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2020, 12:42:49 am »

Hello, I made The scricpt work properly this time. I've made a brend new full installations of the dfhack and it worked!
Do you know if there is a way to make animals my companions? more comom animals, like dogs on the citys for example?
Every time I tried to "make-companion" on this more simplistic creatures I get the message " Target isn't a historical figure and so can't be made into a companion". Do I have to do someting else to be able to recruit animals as my companions in adventure mode?

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2020, 02:29:53 am »

Hello, I made The scricpt work properly this time. I've made a brend new full installations of the dfhack and it worked!
Do you know if there is a way to make animals my companions? more comom animals, like dogs on the citys for example?
Every time I tried to "make-companion" on this more simplistic creatures I get the message " Target isn't a historical figure and so can't be made into a companion". Do I have to do someting else to be able to recruit animals as my companions in adventure mode?
I've not really made any changes to the script since pets and such were added to adventure mode, so it'd probably need an update to handle claiming things as pets instead of companions. However, if those dogs you see in cities are strays, there's already functionality to claim them as your own pets in vanilla! I forget the key, and google is failing me, but I think it might be that you have to walk up next to the animal and press h?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2021, 01:06:24 pm »

Hey this clothing optional script sounds really helpful! I hadn't thought about it until now but, if a creature doesn't have the body parts (eg feet) to wear a certain type of clothing (eg shoes) do they still get the negative thought from not having said clothing? Is that what this script is for?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 04:04:02 am »

Hey this clothing optional script sounds really helpful! I hadn't thought about it until now but, if a creature doesn't have the body parts (eg feet) to wear a certain type of clothing (eg shoes) do they still get the negative thought from not having said clothing? Is that what this script is for?
I've also never really thought about that. I'd imagine they probably don't get the bad thoughts if they don't have the parts, but then again regular creatures will still get bad thoughts in vanilla even if their civilization doesn't make clothes that cover particular parts, so who knows? Either way, if it is something that happens, the script should be able to cover that, though the original intention was for allowing you to have slightly more control over what clothes your civilization cares about without having to worry about the creatures constantly getting bad thoughts all the time if you choose to leave some out (e.g. hobbits who don't mind walking around barefoot, intelligent animals that don't care if they don't have clothes at all, etc.).

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2021, 08:12:09 am »

Ooooooh
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH

That make citizen is a probable life saver. Very nice ! Thanks so much !

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

I made a script for someone in Discord, and figured I might as well add it to my collection of releases. announce-skills is a simple script that makes announcements whenever a citizen levels up one of their skills. Nice and straightforward, with some configuration options for what sort of skills you want announcements for.

I think it might be an auto-include for any forts I play from now on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3