Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Where the Bufflao Spiders Roam  (Read 2071 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion: Where the Bufflao Spiders Roam
« on: July 02, 2017, 05:18:58 pm »

Original thread

Construct, Human, Cat, spiritlike entity, and slime creature. Very well. There is no way this mission will go absolutely wrong or anything. So tell me, do any of you actually have any training or experience in negotiations, diplomacy, or cultural rituals of any kind? No? I thought not.

Well, in that case, it looks like your first order of business should be to acquire yourself a local guide, and find someone with some diplomatic weight on site to advise you.

Details? Right, I did say there would be some.
The two tribes in question are a modular species, and a large land herbivore with thick fur and eight legs. Modular means that they effectively build themselves out of specially grown organic systems, as well as some inorganic parts. They use various spells, runes, and rituals to effect synthesis. That is, their magic is as piecemeal as their bodies are. And yet, it works.

The Buffalo Spiders have taken possession of what amounts to an entire tribe of these things. Hey? Does someone have the name of the creatures? Unpronouncable? What do the other plains dwellers ... unpronounceable? Well, what do we call them? What do we call them that's not vulgar? Well, better start thinking of something if we're gonna get a group of them here. Just do it, dammit.

Where was I? Oh, right. We lose a lot in translation with the modular creatures. How or why the Buffalo Spiders have taken this group, and what they might accept in exchange for them, is unclear. Could have been a trade, or conquest, or, who knows? Maybe someone lost a bet.

Now, your objectives are as such:
Priority is to get the SpellWeavers of the modular tribe. Even ifyou are unable to come to an arangement, or unable to rescue the rest of the tribe, you get those SpellWeavers And return them to here. We'll give you return orbs for the purpose. Additionally, you need to get at least one of their organ plants. So they can grow new parts.

Second priority is to return the remaining beings to the modular Tribe. most of htebeings are either animals or memebrs of other species that inhabit hte plains. a few are of the same tribe.

Third priority is to keep the peace. If you can make suitable arrangements with the Buffallo Spiders for the exchange, that would be ideal. If not, well, at least try not to piss them off too much.

Fourth priority is recon and other items or beings of interest. if you find out, for instance ,that the modular people need some kind of special crystal, or the seven moons to be aligned in some special way, we need that information. Probably.

I open the floor for questions and discussion.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Where the Bufflao Spiders Roam
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 08:18:56 pm »

"So, deal with a language issue, eh?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:29:38 pm »

"Query: Do any of these species have written records of any kinds?
Statement: If so, chances are good this one has come across them while cleaning the library of its...previous employer. If not, this one will simply have to compile a language database on the fly, as it did with goblins."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 08:47:35 pm »

placeholder post.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:38:35 pm »

Dar'yajira gives a bored yawn, his metal body screeching a little as it stretches.  Since he doesn't care about the briefing, he inspects his "teammates" for this mission, especially the spirit thing (which I don't believe has ever gotten a physical description) and the slime (which probably has, but I forgot it)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 07:52:09 am »

"So, deal with a language issue, eh?"
"Query: Do any of these species have written records of any kinds?
Statement: If so, chances are good this one has come across them while cleaning the library of its...previous employer. If not, this one will simply have to compile a language database on the fly, as it did with goblins."

Yes there is a language issue. No, to our knowledge neither people has a written language. Though, the ... Let's call them the Leggun ... the modular race must have some form of written communication as they are known to use Runic and alchemic magic.

Dar'yajira gives a bored yawn, his metal body screeching a little as it stretches.  Since he doesn't care about the briefing, he inspects his "teammates" for this mission, especially the spirit thing (which I don't believe has ever gotten a physical description) and the slime (which probably has, but I forgot it)
Looks like Legnlon's gonna be siting this one out, at least for now. ANd I forget exactly what Twinwolf's character looks like: standard green slime in a semi-humanoid form, I think.

Twinwolf? what does your slimebeing look like?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 04:17:12 am »

-chirp chirp-

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 06:15:45 am »

Gather equipement and try to find a map
((Sorry been busy hanging out with friends, one long lan party,)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 05:06:21 pm »

"Query: Do our people know of any other languages that are similar in structure to theirs?"

Ask above, otherwise good to go

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 04:27:09 am »

You guys want to just squeeze int othe other mission for now? This one seems to be generating little interest.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 09:55:39 am »

Sure, it ought to be interesting
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 04:34:11 pm »

Am good to play again.

And other mission is fine, though like syv I would like to not have been retroactively there the whole time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 05:18:08 pm »

Alright. My brain is a little thick right now. What We'll be doing is dropping you in the desert northwest of the city. You'll be attacking a caravan that is just leaving the city with slave children. You'll want to keep the head merchant alive to work back up the chain of supply. Once in town, part of your goal is to rendezvous with the rest of the team, so you do know they are there. You've also been told to expect the city to be in turmoil, and your teammates to be wanted criminals at this point. If possible, establish a safehouse for the team. If not possible, simply finding the captain will be enough. He should have contacts within the youth gangs who can point you in the right direction. go ahead and post in the other thread.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 06:54:25 pm »

((Would they let Valyrie go on this mission?  If she gains power through killing, I wouldn't want her anywhere near a city.))
Pages: [1] 2